You have 3 seconds to justify why you don't eat farm-to-fork

You have 3 seconds to justify why you don't eat farm-to-fork.

I can't find a fork big enough to pick up an entire farm

Because I live in a gardening zone 3, only 39 frost free days a year. And I'm in the middle of the Rockies. To compensate I can a lot when I do get fresh food.

Shopping at the supermarket is cheaper.

No thanks, I prefer slaughterhouse-to-spork.

supermarket is closest.
>a middleman makes it cheaper

i suffer from poverty and work two jobs, I can't be arsed to spend 2-3 hours per day shopping and cooking

>he thinks i have money
>he thinks if I did, I would blow it on hippie food philosophies instead of nice things for myself

Prefer if the animal was killed and cooked first.

It could, feasibly if the location the supermarket gets their crop from has lower production costs

>Apple costs 10c to make in argentina
>shipping it ends up adding another 30c per apple
>apple from farm is 50c because of increased cost of irrigation, power, whatever in local area
>supermarket apple is 45c

It's not substantial in difference usually, but you get the idea.

>farm-to-fork

wtf does that even mean?

wtf ISN'T farm to fork?

>wtf does that even mean?

It means I get to charge you 3x the price for the same exact shit.

why does this picture look like there's no light in the room except the camera flash
why does that guy look like a zombie

Probably because it's from some third world shit hole like France or Italy

>exact same shit

except not really. the animals are raised differently (typically they're slaughtered when they're older whereas other meats are pumped with antibiotics and growth hormones, slaughtered young, and then pumped with saline brine to increase the market weight) and they taste different. it's not bs marketing tactics. An animal allowed to be raised like nature intended tastes different than once filled with hormones and salt water. Naturally you pay more since you're getting a higher quality product.

Because fucking farmers market is charging me $21 per pound of meat and $5 per pound of carrots

In fairness to cleetus up there, in the midwest "farmer's markets" are basically just parking lots where juggaloes sell shit they bought at amazon on picnic tables

There was a farmer's market thread here a few years ago where people were talking about their favorite coffee vendors, and getting canned pineapples and shit like that

It's pretty horrific to think that this is the best way people can get "exotic" foods that aren't lime jell-o salad, pasteurize process cheese food, and tater tot pizza, but that is life in flyover land

omg are you POOR?
eeewww!

FUCK YOU RICH CUNT

POOR PEOPLE DESERVE DECENT FOOD TOO

Money

because i don't shit $1000 bills

I'm too busy living hand-to-mouth

actually, if you go to the actual farm it's significantly cheaper

i do mostly

i don't get this "you need to be rich" meme

humanely raised meat is more expensive but i just eat less meat

everything else is cheaaap, especially if you buy lots of it and preserve it for the off season

i can't wait to go tomato picking in the next couple weeks and do my own fire roasted canned tomatoes for the year

I try to for the most part. Especially with meat

>humanely raised meat is more expensive but i just eat less meat
Vegan logic

Because I live in the desert and they charge two times for what they would sell at the grocery store or whole foods. If I wanted to feel pretentious I'll save up 200 and blow it on 3 things from the farmers market.

>not following medical consensus because it's too close to "vegans" for your fatty liking

Great next thing you'll tell us that meat causes cancer

Because im not a ranch redneck living in fuckbumhole nowhere

>$21 per pound of meat
You can buy cheap ass meat from local farmers, thats actually good quality. Just have to know the right people.

Yeah but you have to buy like 800 pounds, no thanks. I just want one steak.

Saturated fats have been linked to higher risk for certain types of cancer