So I just made pork carnitas following this recipe

So I just made pork carnitas following this recipe
youtube.com/watch?v=utgL-3nOZbM
They turned out pretty well I think. Crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. Do you guys ever try out Chef John's recipes?

No. But that looks edible as fuck

>carnitas on flour tortillas
Use corn tortillas pleb

I have in the past, this is my first time trying flour and I think it works pretty well. But yeah corn is nice.

>no finely diced onions
>no chopped cilantro
>no lime juice
>no green salsa

come on now, if you're going to make tacos then at least enjoy them properly

Again, I have in the past, this was just a quick proof of claim. The other half of the pork butt is being made into pulled pork right now. Another 2 hours to go.

Here's the ones I made a few months ago using a slightly different recipe. Don't mind the salsa verde and non mexican beer.

>dont mind the salsa verde

for carnitas i think verde is better, to be honest. well done, user. looks tasty.

I haven't followed that one exactly, but I will say the addition of orange juice makes a huge difference and I did that only after seeing his recipe.

OC is great but holy fuck that is meat and bread, grow some class and add some toppings, make a plate, eesshh

That is the taco of a man living on minimum salary and considering suicide while going through his second divorce

Also
>suadero and tripa from metro Tacubaya are best tacos
You plebs will never know true extasis

Best breakfast tacos that everyone must try are from C&D's grocery in Baytown Texas. They're amazing.

I actually cooked that very same recipe, came out great. The orange was a nice element.
A little more time consuming than I'd like though.
I'm actually pretty close to that, I should try it! Thanks for the recommendation, Texan friend.
If you find yourself around the Webster/NASA/clear lake area, you should go to Taqueria chalupas

>So

Stopped reading.

Huh?

Funny enough, I've been to that Whataburger that's across the street. I used to work all in the south east houston area. From deer park all the way to galveston

>Funny enough, I've been to that Whataburger that's across the street
Whuuuuut
That's freaking cool
But you missed like 3 great places in the immediate vicinity.
There's also a really good Thai restaurant next door to the Taqueria, and a great beer house/Vietnamese fusion joint across the street. If your work brings you around again, don't forget!

I remember seeing the vietnamese place and wanting to go, but I didn't have enough time for my lunch break.

Have you been to that brewpub in Webster? Is it worth going to?

U forgot cabrito and chicharron faggot

It's excellent, and though plates are $10-15, they treat you like they're $20-25. Real nice, fancy even.

Nobi public house? Yes. They have some really good banh mi sandwiches, an impressively excessive beer selection, and a really tasty and atypical wonton soup. I've heard the pho is legendary, but they only make it on sundays, and it sells out. It's usually rather busy though So if you're in a rush or are a stickler for great service, maybe not for you

Oh and the plating there is superb

No, that isn't a brewpub. Nobi doesn't make their own beer, so it's a gastropub. I had to look up what I was talking about. Saloon Door brewing.

My mistake
>Saloon Door brewing
Never heard of it, will look it up, thanks

>How does my Carnitas look guys
>oh what's that? You can't see it under all my cilantro and salsa
>silly me.

*do

Nah man, slow death tacos are superior to northern bullshit

Brb getting some al pastor tacos for breakfast, or maybe instant ramen i dont want to walk

>premade processed american "food"
Nigger what are you doing?

What? They're a local mexican place that makes everything fresh.

use corn tortillas and tightly wrap the filling. Use a toothpick to keep the tortilla shut and pan fry it, then lightly salt it.