Three people check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10...

Three people check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10. Later the clerk realizes the bill should only be $25. To rectify this, he gives the bellhop $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room, the bellhop realizes that he cannot divide the money equally. As the guests didn't know the total of the revised bill, the bellhop decides to just give each guest $1 and keep $2 as a tip for himself. Each guest got $1 back, so now each guest only paid $9, bringing the total paid to $27. The bellhop has $2. And $27 + $2 = $29 so, if the guests originally handed over $30, what happened to the remaining $1?

25 + 3 + 2 = 29

guests: 30
>pay hotel
hotel: 30
>change price
hotel: 25
bellhop: 5
>deliver
guests: 3
hotel: 25
bellhop: 2

nah the amounts work out

Retarded frogposter

great job on that basic arithmetic, now can you explain the flaw in OP's logic which is the actual point of the problem

The flaw is in his question

this bait too juicy.

its 27-2 not 27+2. You're trying to make the difference of 30-25 = 5
1 to each guest =3 and 2 for the bell hop = 5

Well no fucking shit
Explain how it's flawed

Not doing your homework kiddo sage

tx fees

Basically this. OP is being an pseud by mincing semantics around which also makes him a faggot. If OP has 1 faggot how is he a faggot^2!? the only reasonable conclusion is that he was a huge faggot before even coming here and being an even bigger faggot.

They paid $27, of which the hotel kept $25 and the bellhop $2.

You can't do kindergarten math? Pic relevant, it's you.

>Projecting

No in this case it's an empirically verified fact that only faggot pseuds go around posting these trick questions or defending the people who do.

It should be 27-2

Not 27+2
30-2-3,
27-2

The $2 are included in the $27. Adding them to the $27 doesn't make any sense.
Substracting them does which results in $25, the correct bill.

If you had the intelligence to see the logical fallacy in the OP's question, it would not make you this angry

What they need to pay is 25$, +2$ tip, thus 27 for the three guests total, for which they pair 9$ each. I don't see a problem.

Fuck off to Facebook with this retard-tier reasoning problems.

Now I've never sucked a dick. But I've always imagined that if I had it would look something like this post.

Just to clarify, the guests didn't pay only the hotel $27 they paid $27 to both the hotel and the bellboy after their refund. You're double dippin in the expense and thats why it seems like a dollar is missing.

>Each guest paid 9 dollars
>hotel gets paid 25 dollars
>bellhop steals 2 dollar.
=36 dollars total.
then who was phone?

The guests didn't pay $9 each, they paid $9.33 each after the bellhop decided to give them back $1. The flaw in your question is the assumption is you can subtract $1 from the $10 they originally paid instead of adding $1 to 25/3 (the actual price per guest).

25/3 = 8.33
(25/3) + 1 = 9.33
(25+3)/3 = 9.33

Then there's still 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000...1 dollars

The way the second half was worded actually masquerades a different equation as if it were equivalent to the first, but words it in a way where he doesn't want the audience to notice we ever left the first equation. So it's also a misrepresentation of two similar equations as one.

This fallacy is called the false equivalence, and Op has actually done a really good job at hiding it with a perversion, making OP a huge pervert.

If they all paid 9 dollars to begin with that would total 27 bucks, of which they are better off 3 dollars than if they paid 10 each (30 total). In this scenario if they change it to 25 then the change is 2 dollars now, and if the bellhop keeps the 2 bucks without ever giving any back to the guests you can see that the equation now works.

You see now that the 27 OP makes reference to is made up of the hotels money and the bellhops 2 bucks (25+2=27) so adding 2 dollars to the 27 paid is nonsense because that means the bellhops tip is accounted for twice. They paid 27, their savings were 1 dollar each (3 bucks) and of that 27 the bellhop kept 2.

>Get 3 friends to each pay me $10
>Give them each back $1
>Get $1 for free
>Repeat 1 million times and make 1 million dollars

Thanks for the business tip, OP, now I can sell all of my crypto.

woah really make me think

how can i short autism

bitmex

The bellhop and the hotel are both payees, while the guests are layers

3 × $9 = $25 + $2

This guy maths

price was changed there is no other dollar

$1 groupon discount??

>And $27 + $2 = $29
How about 27 - 2 = 25 durrrr

I have never come to this board but saw this thread up on the front page and my fucking god you guys are next level. Why the fuck do people go anywhere else for laughs?

>each of the customers has 1 dollar
>the busboy has 2 dollars
>the owner has 25 dollars

1+1+1+2+25=30

>so now each guest only paid $9
They didn't pay 9, they paid 8.33.

guests paid $10 each, so 3x$10
bellhop has $2, each guest gets 3x$1

so let's subtract the amounts per guest, now they paid 3x$9 each and bellhop got $2

those amounts subtract from each other because it's a transfer from the guests to the bellhop, you do $27 - $2 which is the total bill, or $25 + 3 + 2 which is the total amount of cash exchanging hands which is $30