What constitutes GOOD coffee?, and by that I mean coffee in which Mr. Wolf would delight in

what constitutes GOOD coffee?, and by that I mean coffee in which Mr. Wolf would delight in.

I thought I was drinking good coffee once, but it turned out to be tea.

Hot, bold flavor, not overly bitter

mmm... tell me more user.

Good coffe is never too bitter as to make you scrunch your face.

There is a good test I do when trying a new coffe: I normally drink it with half milk and some sugar, but when I drink it for the first time I drink a small expresso-sized cup of it black. Just the coffe.

It always tastes bitter to me, since (as I said) i normally put milk and sugger, but the bitterness is always different. I consider coffe to have 3 different types of bitterness to it.

>Lack of sugar and milk
>The caffeine
>Bad bitterness (overtoasted, bad bean, porr grinding, etc)

An idea strong coffe only has the first 2 bitter tastes to it, and barely makes me move. Ideal everyday coffe and desert coffe has a soft 2nd type and none of the 3rd. The 3rd type is only tolarated on cheaper coffe I buy for when money is low or something.

A very good coffe that is relatively cheap for its quality is the one in pic related. It's produced close to where I live and is 100% arabian beans. It actually tastes better than a Colombian I tried once.

Hope my little autismo helps you OP.

most indubitably helpful, my dear anonkun

thanking you kindly, thank you.

The best cup of coffee I've ever had was at a little cafe in Salt Lake City UT. that prepared it siphon style. Look it up, your life will change, it's fuckin magical.

Shit, nigga. I'd be cool with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice.

> I normally drink it with half milk and some sugar

then you aren't drinking good coffee, and dont know what good coffee is.

good coffee does not need sugar or milk.

They already did a blnd taste test or something and so called expensive "good" coffee was replaced with a folgers or sonething and it was just as good if not better.

Turkish Coffee.

What the fuck is it with retards like you who are on a cooking board but are extremists when it comes to coffee and steak and sandwiches? There are different way to enjoy flavours and sometimes add extra helps enhance the flavour. Literally fucking kill yourself

It's like trying to describe eating sweetbreads to someone who's never had them.

It's also the reason rich people who get divorced without prenups get fucked - when you spend money on nice things and get accustomed to a certain quality of life, you feel entitled to that quality of life and anything else feels like a slap in the face. I'm not saying you need to be rich to drink good coffee, but once you know what a good cup of coffee tastes like going back to anything else makes you feel like you've lost in life.

Good coffee is coffee that accommodates your taste and yours only, no one elses. If you don't like how other people drink their coffee, you got a serious problem and should just an hero.

God tier:
-Arabic coffee (with cardamom)
-Malaysian white coffee

I can't drink anything else after sampling those.

>A very good coffe that is relatively cheap for its quality is the one in pic related. It's produced close to where I live and is 100% arabian beans. It actually tastes better than a Colombian I tried once.

Don't post again.

I know this sounds stupid but the answer is "whatever tastes good to you" beyond that it is 100% arabica beans. I would also stay away from fair trade (ineffective mechanism for white liberals to feel good) or organic

A good general guideline is that latin american coffees tend to be acidic. African tends to taste vaguely of citrus. Indonesian blends are usually "Earthy." Then as far as the roasting goes the longer it is roasted the more smokey and less acidic it tastes. If you follow these rules you can get a ballpark idea of what to try based on your personal tastes. If you are a pleb you will probably find generic blends to be at least passable like Starbuck's house blends, but those are made to appeal to the widest audience so you can almost always do better

Another thing to keep in mind is that people say they like "rich, dark, full-bodied roast" when they really like "weak milky" tasting coffee. Don't fall for the French roast meme that shit is basically burned

It hydrates and puts the proper set of impressions on both my biological and mental well being or desired state.
List of the op:
1. Grinded freshish

You can just smell that shit more true it is.

By degree of smell is good enough for us humans but to a sense the chemical reactions of going stale... Hell roasted fresh
Actually the op is perhaps unique in that GOOD coffee needn't be that good to be good in reference to all coffee situations, so good for people with specific tastes might be supposedly excluded from consideration given how popular it is,

Until you get used to it.

>buy whole beans from local roaster
>burr grind
>a) cold brew
>b) drip brew
>c) moka pot
>stir before pouring and drinking
>drink

it's not bitter

>people who says they had a bitter coffee
those people didn't drank coffee. they drank horse piss.

>not drinking exclusively Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee

It's not sour and it's not bitter.

Veeky Forums is an odd place.
It's happy to discuss shitty pizza and fast food all day.
But bring up the subject of coffee, tea or knives and all of a sudden it's full of the most pretentious, edgy, elitist faggots you could ever imagine.

>ugh why can't this instant coffee be sweet

I only buy G7. It is ten times better than anything Starbux has to offer. It's the Vietnamese version of our Seattle coffee. Try it. You won't regret it.

Obvious explanation: there is no bar to entry. Both casuals and elitists can post here. Most boards have great elements of each.

IMO, the elitist strain is what makes Veeky Forums interesting in general. The anonymity, hands-off moderation, and lack of voting system means there is no limit to extremist enthusiasm. It creates a "tell it like it is" aggressive culture rather than a "at least we're all on the correct side of things guys :)" which is more common elsewhere.

If it's a problem for you, then you know which site to go to.

>Malaysian white coffee

kys familia

>If it's a problem for you, then you know which site to go to.
Its not a problem. I just can't get that excited about a drink.

I completely agree with you.

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

So why even comment in the thread? If it doesn't interest you then look a thread that does.
But instead you chose to come in and assert your opinion by attempting to belittle those who are more passionate about the subject.

gb2 twitter

I like my coffee with Cream, I think it tastes better that way. That is my opinion. Yes I do love coffee, and no you do not have a monopoly on how coffee is allowed to be drank.

>how coffee is allowed to be drank
that's correct

But I'm not the one that's getting upset.
I just think it's strange that people go batshit insane over a cup of hot brown.

>people go batshit insane
making up things is a sign of being upset

Who's gong 'batshit insane'? Other than you, ofc.

Do you just want someone to talk to?

Well a symptom of the aggressive culture is that enthusiasm will become extremist. If you want the mediocrity hugbox you know where to go.

>big words
Which?

ITT: casual shaming himself

>go down South (US) to visit relatives
>go out to lunch
>order BLT with fries
>something to drink?
>I'll have a Coke
>what kind?
>iced tea, not sweet, with lemon
>get the best cup of coffee I have ever had
>felt good

Huh?

agreed. If you can't drink it black, it's wrong.

Or you have different personal preference :)

>adding all those hollow calories with sugar and creams
>not drinking naturally low cal coffee at 1 Kcal per 8 oz.

read the OP

Just a bit of cream, makes it taste nicer to me :/ I like it black too just think it's better with cream :/ sorry if that offends you

Sorry bro but you're pretty damn stupid, why not just "test" the coffee as you like to actully drink it? Or do you just need to brag to other people about how you drink "good" coffee

Nicely said bro, it's the only reason I browse these boards, the whole "lets all just get along" rubbish of the non anonymous internet is boring as fuck, this place is full of shit but at least its honest.

>putting milk, cream or sugar in café

You guys are all faggots. Coffee is black and corsé.

I fucked your mum and she was wearing a corset

Good for you. My mom doesn't drink coffee with caféine in it, so she has shit tastes anyway.

She gets all her stimulants from my thick shaft

Considering all three births she had were c sections, it's probably not that thick.

Huh?

Literally makes no sense.

My mom never had a natural birth. Meaning she most likely isn't a loose cum sack like your own moms.

Meaning even your micro penises could provive enough stimulants.

Jesus you guys are dense...................

Actually the size of my penis doesn't change according the vagina it enters you cretin

Your perception of it can though. You fuck a mifl and see her cum and have a big time and think "maybe my micro penis isn't that useless then", while all the young generation sluts laught at it.

kill you are selves

Still drink my coffee black and corsé though.

I believe it's just more than the coffee beans itself and depends on how you make it

>good coffee does not need sugar or milk.
This.

I was a cesarean baby too, and I think that's why my mother never loved me.
I mean, how could you love something that was cut out of you like a tumor? I was extracted and not born.
But like every espresso that I make, I was a perfect extraction. Not too bitter and just the right amount of sweet.

need is the key word there you spastic fuck

What the fuck does corse' mean!
Also, your mother is a whore with a sweet coochie

She might be, honestly I'm not even sure my dad is actually my dad. He's been a sailor most of his life and was away most of the time, my mom keep insisting I was conceived during one of my uncles marriage celebrations on a carpet... But whenever family is over the big question is who I look like...

I don't talk to them much these days.

Anyway corsé is black and strong as far as I know.

>Your mother literally tells you the location you were conceived

Yep, definitely a slut

Well in France you can't get a paternity test unless a court ask for it in very particular situations. If you get caught bypassing the law it's a 15k€ fine and one month in jail. So I'll never know if she is.

It's been more than a year since last time I talked to them anyway.

I heard DNA evidence is illegal, have I been rused or were they telling the truth?

Fuck it, if you fill it up with whisky any coffee turns good.

Yeah, it is. Unless the court orders it. If a woman tells you are the father of her children and you refuse to take a DNA test, they'll consider that you are the father. So a woman can give birth to your kid without ever noticing you and still get child support.

As a father you only have until the first birthday of the child to contest paternity, after that you're done.

>what constitutes a GOOD sandwich?, and by that I mean a sandwich in which Mr. Bumstead would delight in.

I'll take the delicious chocolatey, earthy, oily flavor of a properly roasted French roast over lightly roasted SA varietal acid punch any day

I make 6 scoops of Folgers taste good.

Because fuck you that's why

Ground. Grinded is a series of syllables for faggots

I am probably jaded from my real life but when i studied in the UK some fat manbabbie that was in my accomodation would make fun of my choice to make cappuccino or drink that as my normal breakfast drink. "ah you don't like coffee much then if you need so much milk" "good coffee is supposed to be black" "i just don't like adding things to hide the coffee". When it was some shit "premium" supermarket instant stuff. Like you have to be so shit culturally that drinking black coffee is something that makes it into your top personality points.

It always seems to be from non-coffee countries in the Anglo-sphere and America in particular where things have to "special" because it isn't enough to accept that there are many ways to appreciate and drink a good ingredient.