Anyone know what the hell this thing is...

Anyone know what the hell this thing is? I thought it was some multibladed knife for cutting vegetables or fruit but it doesn't give the right kind of leverage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSc1Txhv_ZI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's an ass hair trimmer from the late 1800s

Eggs, maybe?

What you got there is a pickle masher. It mashes pickles very well.

Just a guess, but I'd say you're supposed to hold down a piece of meat or whatever with it and use your knife to cut in the slots in order to get (somewhat) even slices.

Don't know but it looks like you could use it for pasta

Tagliatelle cutter?

Looks like a hair brush, try it!

Maybe slicing onions, i had one, with smaller teeth.

Try tickling your prostate with it and report back

Could it be part of a parsley grinder?

Yeah, it's an onion/potato/whatever slicer. my Uncle Homer and Aunt Reginald own a company that makes them.

It's a hair guard for cutting hair with scissors. Run it up your head, hold a pair of scissors against it, and cut hair at a uniform level with non-automatic means

You are all morons that don't own any pets.
It's a dematting tool, to pull/cut out matted hair from a dogs coat of fur.

It's not a kitchen tool. At all.
Unless your Asian.

Good grief.

nope. it's an onion slicer. i own at least two of them.

>nope. it's an onion slicer. i own at least two of them.
Well... if you want to use a dogs dematting comb to slice your onions, that all on you.
Doesn't change the fact that the tool is meant to break through the mats in an animals fur coat.

Here's a vid
youtube.com/watch?v=vSc1Txhv_ZI

dumbass trolling retards

If that's a dog comb it must be from the 19th century. It's completely non-ergonomic for that purpose, has the look of a kitchen utensil, and the forks are pretty clearly sharpened. If it's anything other than a kitchen tool it could only possibly be some kind of torture device.

I'm definitely sure that you deepfry rice with that thing

Onion slicers tend to have needles, not blades. Here's an example.
>has the look of a kitchen utensil
You know there was a time when pretty much all tools had wooden handles like that?

A Shed Monster has blades.

>and the forks are pretty clearly sharpened

Yes, exactly, the tines are sharpened blades to cut through the stubborn matted hair of a dog.

here's a pic of a dematting tool with a wood handle

That's a dirty ass dog with super tangled hair. That lady needs to take better care of her dog

not her fault
that kind of dog comes pre-tangled

mate Op's has even got the thumb rest in the same shape as this one. you can see it under the blades in OP pic

why the fuck would you ever have a tool meant to be pulled in a direction perpendicular to the handle? the forces arent lined up at all. that's a retarded design. Why not have it shaped like a fork?

Looks like something you use to seperate spring onions

Aunt Reginald?

Reminds me of something my grandma has, which is a movable part of a larger contraption. Dunno what it is though

I think it's a shoehorn

>I thought it was some multibladed knife for cutting vegetables or fruit but it doesn't give the right kind of leverage

It amuses me, and it scares me, that there are people here who can't look at something and figure out whether they'd be able to cut with it

of course it doesn't have the right leverage user, if you were trying to cut, you'd be cutting perpendicular to the direction you're applying force.....

The blades look the same, but much larger.

looks like a comb you use on kids for lice

because it's not a detangler, it's an old onion/potato slicer

google vintage onion slicers
they look nothing like that
google lice combs
they look NOTHING like that
this is actually a reasonable idea
but if you google spring onion knife
the blades are a lot smaller, and oriented differently

meanwhile, a dematting tool actually looks exactly like the OP's picture
occam's razor dictates that it's a lot more likely to be just an old dematting tool versus "one of these, but TOTALLY different and in a style that nobody's ever seen before"

nope

No

I don't think anything triggers me more than newfags who can't figure out how to quote in chronological order.

>this is actually a reasonable idea
Lol I literally made that up, it's actually a thing? Man I'm pretty good at bullshitting