New study finds alcohol is a direct cause of seven forms of cancer

>New study finds alcohol is a direct cause of seven forms of cancer

theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/22/alcohol-direct-cause-seven-forms-of-cancer-study

Other urls found in this thread:

health.spectator.co.uk/study-proves-alcohol-causes-cancer-the-problem-there-wasnt-a-study/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13477/abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why'd you post Riff Raff?

I'm afraid that 'study' was nothing but a comment piece.

health.spectator.co.uk/study-proves-alcohol-causes-cancer-the-problem-there-wasnt-a-study/

Also the Guardian is fucking trash.

>New study shows the thing you like causes cancer
So does everything else.

So glad I'm straight edge

right... sunscreen causes skin cancer ffs. you really can't avoid it.

What? Are you saying alcohol is bad for me?!

Thanks for that revelation, OP, I'll quit drinking immediately.

>at least i can keep smoking cigarettes because there hasn't been any studies liking those to cancer or other health problems

Peach panther

i love that he did, i just found my alien glasses that i lost over a year ago today and this is just too much now

Nothing really "causes" cancer except for radiation.

If you have a history of cancer in your family then you WILL get cancer, its in your genes.

Cancer won't kill me if I go into liver failure first

>only radiation causes cancer
>but genetics can cause it too

excessive radiation can cause cancer in anyone, but if cancer has happened in your family then you already have it in your genes and its just a matter of time.

that's not what Im talking about and what you said is also wrong

cancer is not always genetic. anything that can cause cellular damage at the dna level can cause cancer. viruses, chemicals, ionizing radiation, strong energy sources, w/e. Just because you developed some kind of cancer does not mean your reproductive organs carry that fucked up string of dna that the mass of cells growing in your chest is harboring.

Cuz Raff is fly af

This

Bite me, cancer

>excessive radiation
>bombarded with low frequency AM waves your entire life
>literally just bumps into hydrogen bonds, says hi and moves on
Take a fucking physics class please

With absolutely no scientific evidence to back me up, I feel like moderate (1-2 "units") drinking per day is, if not negligable, good for you.
I've been drinking that amount for almost a decade and feel like it fits in with my diet and lifestyle.

>new study says coffee causes cancer
>new study says coffee decreases your chances of cancer
>new study says coffee causes cancer, but only if you drink more than 5 cups a day
>new study says coffee prolongs your life and the more coffee you drink the better
I take every "new study" with a grain of salt since it feels like for every single one of them you can find another "new study" that completely contradicts it.

on a side note, I would rather get cancer than never drink again

I can't wait until they start taxing it more heavily. This needs to be stopped.

I drink 2 40zs of steel reserve a night, how fucked am I?

6% or 8%? Either one is too much.

8.1%

I used to drink one 5% beer before bed every night. the number gradually went up and after a few months I was drinking anywhere between 5 and 8 before bed every night. I eventually quit drinking on week days, not because of my liver or because I thought I would get cancer but because I was getting pretty fat.

stop drinking so much user, eating or drinking high calorie drinks before bed will make you fat, and nobody likes fatties. also, you might turn into a full blown alcoholic

Ive been drinking these for years now, the 2 40ozs a night, started adding in shots of fireball through the day which means it has gotten way worse.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/add.13477/abstract

It was a metaanalysis of meta-analyses and other studies.

So basically a comment piece or a summarization.

Still you should actually read it and not take it from another NEWS source.

Study that reveals water causes cancer when?

Saudi Arabian conspiracy, like the pork study.

>Still you should actually read it and not take it from another NEWS source.
good ol facism.

At this, rate quitting alcohol will kill me well before cancer gets a chance to settle in.

>metastudy
So basically a pick and mix of the stuff you like to support your latest deranged theory

wow never thought the fucking warning on the can that says it may cause health problem was real! thanks op!