As we speak I am holding an unopened pack of pasta into which several little black insects have got...

As we speak I am holding an unopened pack of pasta into which several little black insects have got. I can see them walking around the sticks of linguine and it's making my blood boil.

1. How did this happen?

2. Why is this allowed?

They will die when you boil the pasta, and then be strained out when you put it in a colander.

first thing's first. What country did you buy this pasta in?
no

Post pics op

Bugs get into things sometimes.

If you can figure out a way to effectively disallow bugs from getting into food items, you will be a billionaire.

you must be a real cuck if those bugs not only stepped on your property but also started ransacking your food

go watch those bugs for a while and learn from them

Yes, but then people will say you're evil and wrong and bad and stuff.
>monsanto.png

That's disgusting go back to the store and demand your money back as well as free pasta

>no

May wee.

Microwave them as punishment for their unsolicited intrusion.

mother fuckers gotta know their damn place

Boil those bugs and consume them with the pasta. You don't want to waste protein.

Post pics pl0x

If too grossed out:don't eat
Otherwise rinse, boil, rinse, eat

>unopened
Yeright

They're called pantry beetles. You need to take everything out of your pantry, throw away any infested bags/boxes, and give the pantry surfaces + container surfaces a good cleaning before putting them away again. You might get another infestation. If so, repeat the process. Keeping extremely susceptible foods (e.g. flour, pasta, crackers) in airtight containers can prevent the problem in the future.

source: family owns a pest control company

There was so e cayenne pepper that had lost the lid. We have had it for close to six years and I had found worms in them earlier today. It was halfway full so they couldnt climb out but shit was pretty interesting. Does it not burn them? Maybe it lost the heat over time

UK
I just don't understand how they got inside an unopened pack

If it was a cardboard box, those things usually aren't as well-sealed as they look.

If it was a plastic bag, it probably had some very small imperfections in the seal.

Pantry beetles are tricky fuckers who find the tiniest openings to get through.

Damn. Well I've been putting remnants of unfinished bags into airtight jars with good results so I'll keep doing that. Thanks.

>don't understand how they got inside an unopened pack?

either the store you bought them from has a infestation, which is possible

or

you have a infestation, more likely.

Pasta, etc goes in the fridge for this reason

being an unopened package means absolutely 0 to pest insects.

>putting dry goods in the fridge

you might be an american if you put flour in the fucking freezer

"0" and "nothing" aren't interchangeable.