Flip your steak once like Gordon Ramsay recommends or flip it multiple times like Jamie Oliver recommends?

Flip your steak once like Gordon Ramsay recommends or flip it multiple times like Jamie Oliver recommends?

Pic related, I combined their faces for dramatic effect

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngPrLUZChrM
youtu.be/nhOV89EQtJs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Fa3FWap-8
youtube.com/watch?v=fETZCWvzkWM
youtube.com/watch?v=X1mE2IWeamI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whichever makes it juicier
served over fanta of course

ramsays cookery course says to flip it multiple times.

Then he's inconsistent as fuck with his advice

Although flipping once a minute is my own preference

youtu.be/ngPrLUZChrM
Relevant video is relevant

youtu.be/nhOV89EQtJs
The best way

>3 star Michelin Chef

vs.

>Some oily guy who is famous for saying pucker

Why does Gordon hate Jamie so much?

Jamie Oliver is a shit cook who is more popular than him in the UK

>inconsistent as fuck with his advice

You sound contrarian, user. If he never altered his methods then you'd bitch that he was a stodgy old man stuck in the past. He changed his mind to reflect a better way to achieve the best result. Simple as that. Science does this all the time. Please stop being such a detestable autist.

Because Jaime had the worst pronunciation known to man. Dear god, speak the king's english man.

Flip once honestly, flipping multiple times is for burgers and slow cooking

Cause he stinks and is a hippocrite

>gordon = jamie = the kingslayer

waoooahhh

Depends on the pan. Stainless, flip it multiple times during cooking. Cast iron? Flip it once, that is, if your pan is hot enough.

>Stainless, flip it multiple times during cooking
why?

Buy top of the range meat like Ramsay and Oliver do and you can mistreat it as much as you want and still have a decent steak at the end of the day.

>grilling steak
>in the year of our lord 2016

Huh?

>make water 125
>put steak in bag
>put in steak-bag in water
>wait
>remove steak-bag
>remove steak
>sear outside with blowtorch for minimal cook-through and maximum maillard reaction
>rub it against your erect penis
>serve

>rub it against your erect penis

No wonder my steak was so bland before thanks user.

America.

Fuck off Ramsey.

even gordon recommends flipping it multiple times now.
no, he got new information, jackass

this is retarded for so many reasons

THAT"S NOT HOW AGING WORKS REEE

You have all left out the added benefits of using a big brand stock cube
m.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Fa3FWap-8

>Jaime
He's not spanish.

Say what you like about Oliver but he is 3 times richer than Ramsey and owns more restaurants.

McDonalds has thousands of restaurants and could buy your entire state , does it mean they make better food?

>inconsistant
listen, look, retard, fuckhead, stupid, idiot, moron, Ramsays cookery course came out in like, 2012? which means back when anyone who wasn't a hypernewfag in Veeky Forums was shouting about 2012 amazon apocolypse, Gordon ramsay was telling you to flip your steaks multiple times. Why don't you crawl out from under your rock?

whoa, don't flip out, cuck

>listening to a British chef

a fucking dog would give better cooking advice

obviously flip once.

Flip too much and you might as well just fucking boil the meat.

salty burgerclap detected.

I personally flip over only once, gets a better caramellization that way.

>oh look another obsessed and jelly yuropoor

yes.

>flip out
I dont think you fully appreciate how not mad i am.jpg

Lets make a list of noteworthy american chefs!
I'll start.
umm.....nevermind

it's beautiful!

I don't get the hate for Jamie

Then again I'd like to get something out of this thread:
can anyone recommend some recipe from Ramsey that they've tried and liked? I've tried some from Jamie and they were nice, but nothing so far from Ramsey, I only see him telling at people and giving basic advice on stuff I already knew so I assumed he doesn't show how to actually make something from start to finish

look up the show "the F word" on hulu. it's a Gordon Ramsay cooking show. the first episode has him cooking a few things and he rants about getting women back in the kitchen.

youtube.com/watch?v=fETZCWvzkWM

youtube.com/watch?v=X1mE2IWeamI

>he just can't stop thinking about America!

;_; pink slime

>>listening to a British chef
>a fucking dog would give better cooking advice

that's like french bathing tips or american weight loss diets

>that's like french bathing tips or american weight loss diets
or an Aspergers sufferer giving social advice.

>women studies from iran
>plumbing from an indian

kek

wow killer post man

really had me in stitches

>confusing Iran with Saudi Arabia
passportless flyover detected

>he cares about camelfucker nations

t. walking explosive

Thought as much, you fucking social inadequate.

t. USA

Jamie's recipes are often way too bland for me. I'm sure it would be better with top of the line ingredients, but he markets his recipe to poor fags who want to get something on the table fast. His recipes need way more spices (and maybe a bit less Coriander).

You dont even know what contrarian means you stupid fucking autist

Wow, another gutbusting post

Kill yourself

>nopassport intensifies
does this trigger you, cleetus?

Flip once if thin steak for littel children
Often if big hunk for men which go oven after pan

>Pic related, I combined their faces for dramatic effect

35 year old poster detected

is this a tasty meme I've been missing out on?

inb4
>"huh?"

no you

You know, I didn't really realize this until reading your post. You are quite right
I went with a somewhat cheaper kind of tomatoes and didn't get the fresh thyme for one of his things and it did make quite a difference

I think it's because he usually tries to keep it simple, so most of the taste comes from the ingredients and not the tens of spices and seasonings others put in

But that's kinda what I like about it. Even I get pretty good results without too much effort. Which makes sense since that puts me in his target audience with the whole "comfort food" thing he's selling(fucking hate the term btw)

I'll check those out then

IF YOU DON'T TAKE THAT BACK I'LL BEAT YOU ALL THE WAY TO FLAVORTOWN

jamie is a good inovative cook, but gordon is a triple 3 star chef. so his advice is generally taken in higher regard

Talks bad about oldest country on earth. Please tells us more about glorious Ohio.

It's always better to flip as many times as possible. It ensures more even cooking, and better browning.

Honestly, people who haven't read McGee's On Food and Cooking shouldn't be allowed to post on here.

If you're so much of a meme that you don't have it on your shelf, both Cooks Illustrated and Serious Eats have done pieces on flipping steak. Unsurprisingly, they agree with McGee.

I don't hate him exactly, but every time I've followed his cooking advice I've ended up with garbage, yet every time I've followed Gordo's, I end up with a delicious meal.

When's the last time you were punched?

Explain to me how I'm wrong.

Food science is essential to the modern chef, even the home one. Cooking is just applied chemistry with an artistic flair. Posting without at least a rudimentary understanding should not be allowed.

Can confirm both of these are amazing

right, you don't actually need to know the chemical processes to bake though

if you need an explanation why a man can operate a vehicle without understanding combustion which is essential for its use then you're not nearly as smart as you think you are

if you understand what is going on, you can make improvements through methods other than trial and error

Saudi is literally 1 city with the rest of land being sand and oil fields. Stay mad sandnigger

this guy gets it

>cooking something in a plastic bag

Sounds incredibly stupid

I'd venture to say it's invariably your fault if you mess up a recipe

I have done this in the past, I can confirm it works. The science behind it is that you remove the water content of the steak to intensify the flavour. Maybe try it once before you say it doesn't work you contrarian fuck.

He is talking about Iran, you ignoramus.

3 Times exactly, for them perfect grill marks :3

STEAK SHOULD BE COOKED ON EACH SIDE EXACTLY ONCE. AND I DO MEAN EACH SIDE.

IT SHOULD BE COOKED IN A PAN. FUCK YOUR GRILL. IT SHOULD BE SEASONED WITH SALT AND PEPPER AND RUBBED WITH A BIT OF GARLIC AND OIL. IT SHOULD THEN BE SEARED ON ONE SIDE. THEN SEARED ON THE OTHER SIDE. THEN YOU LIFT THE STEAK WITH TONGS AND SEAR ON THE EDGES. YOU THEN FINISH IN THE OVEN FOR A MINUTE OR TWO.

YOUR STEAK IS DONE. DO NOT SOIL IT WITH GREENS. A BAKED POTATO, SOME CHIVES, AND YOUR HATRED FOR MINORITIES IS THE ONLY SIDE DISH YOU MAY CONSUME

ENJOY YOUR FUCKING STEAK

He comes up with some good ideas but then he goes and spoils them by slopping a pint of olive oil all over the fucking thing.

>burning garlic on the crust

ishygddts

Flip often - it keeps both sides hot and helps with crust formation.

Can somebody explain to me what happened to him?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide
It's actually pretty legit

>Lets make a list of noteworthy american chefs!
>I'll start.
>umm.....nevermind
Just start with a list of past and current James Beard Foundation finalists and winners. This is why no one gives a shit about Michelin ratings, or Zagat anymore for that matter.

Hm, should we start with Thomas Keller, or more esoteric?

>Hm, should we start with Thomas Keller, or more esoteric?
I'll raise you my favorites:
Norman Van Aken
Michael Schwartz
Michelle Bernstein
Jeff McInnis
Jose Mendin
Michael Landrum
Ann Cashion
John Besh
and last but not least
Susan Spicer.

Not sure if he counts since he is Spanish born, but I've liked Jose Andres restaurants for years and will seek them out when I travel.

For recipes Jamie is great, but for advice on cooking technique? Gordon every time

>advice on cooking technique? Gordon every time
This is because you are immature and inexperienced. I see him make constant mistakes in advice. He's not a master chef to learn from, he really isn't. Find someone else to watch.

Knorr offered him a fuckton of money to endorse their products.
There used to be a video of him from the early 2000's raging against premade stocks and saying how shit they are and there's no excuse for not making your own. Closely followed by the recent ads where he's shilling stock pots and extolling their virtues.
Can't find the fucking link now though.

I was comparing between the two you absolute fuckwit

>Random Veeky Forums fag knows better than a michelin starred chef who trained under MPW.
Shush.

Dave Chang, Edward Lee, Eddie Huang
Yes they count, and the last two do "simple" better than Ramsay or Jamie's efforts