Sour milk

>I bought a gallon of milk from convenient store/gas station.
>I poured a glass and took a drink and it was bad tasting.
>Saw weird off white things floating in it.
>Left the glass and it developed bubbles and coagulated after several hours room temperature
>I'm poor as fuck and needed that gallon for a quadruple batch of hamburger helper to last me for a week.
>I don't have a receipt but it's a local dairy

Should I just go back with the gallon and tell them that the shits bad and recommend they check their stock? I need that 3 dollars but don't want to take my chances with another gallon. I'm hungry as fuck they really screwed me on this deal.

>Wastes money on hamburger helper and milk
>Wonders why poor
Good going

>buying stuff that isn't loaded with preservatives
>not checking the date
>being a poorfag yet not hoarding receipts for every purchase

You fucked yourself. Make those hamburger helper with water and take it as a learning experience

Do you have suggestions on meals that I can cook that can last a long time? I usually buy bulk beef on sale. Maybe a spaghetti type deal?

No the milk's expiration date is 07/26 and didn't even think twice. Haven't bought a bad gallon in over 8 years so it was just a regular purchase

Take it back to the store and bitch. They might swap it or give you your money back.

Also paid in cash and wasn't even offered the receipt and didn't want it. Who thinks their getting a bad gallon?

>Buying shit from gas stations
That's what you get

>I usually buy bulk beef on sale.
You said you are poor. Animal products are always expensive, everywhere in the world. You do not need milk, you do not need beef. So if you want to eat cheaply, you want to buy dry staple foods (i.e. carbohydrate plant foods) in bulk. Then for health you can add cheap vegetables and fruits, as well as nuts and seeds (also in bulk). Animal products and processed food go to the very end of the list because these foods are neither particularly healthy nor affordable.

>>Do you have suggestions on meals that I can cook that can last a long time?
I don't know what you mean by "last a long time". All cooked food is only good for 3-5 days in a fridge. As for things you can store for a long time, dry carbohydrate staples last for years.

Premaid cooked meat meals last longer than you think ma man. Plant foods, no thanks.

OP said "meals that I can cook". "Cooked meat meals" cannot be cooked, and it obvious from context that I was talking about food cooked at home, as technically even canned food is cooked and that lasts for years.

No I don't want canned meals. I used to rely on them as well as cheap microwave deals. Best is make a bunch of hamburger to last over a week.

Not him, and I'm not sure how much Hamburger Helper costs, but why not make a meatloaf? I mean... you have mince already, right? Meatloaf isn't very difficult and can be very delicious. It keeps well frozen, is easy to reheat and is likely far more cost effective than HH is.
I don't eat much meat to begin with, so for me, 2lbs of beef will provide about 9 servings of meatloaf. Just add some mashed potato or stamppot (mashed potatoes with mashed or finely chopped green veg added, like kale or brussels sprouts), some buttered carrots and a salad (green of eating normal mash, tomato salad if having stamppot) and you've got yourself a meal.
I think mince is $2.99/lb right now in most of the US, yeah? That means 9 servings of meatloaf would cost only about 35¢ each and a full meal with mash, carrots and salad only about 62¢ more, so under a buck per plate.
And besides meatloaf, mash also freezes nicely.
I do this a lot, actually, freezing individual components of meals so that I can reheat them at my convenience when I don't feel like cooking.

> Plant food, no thanks

Then fuck off. You asked how to save money and when told how you say, "I don't like that".

Spoiled shit

That sounds very organised.

I'm guessing that you are not a poor fag, or more likely once were and worked out how to stop being one?

No. Never was poor. But I'm so very, very cheap, I'd make a Jewish Scotsman blush.
I always say on here that I eat like a poorfag, though. This just confirms it if someone else thinks so, too.

>Animal products are always expensive, everywhere in the world.
basically untrue

>Asks for suggestions on how to eat cheaply
>No I don't like that
Fucking idiot

Time to make cheese you dumb faggot.

take it back, don't dress like you're a poor piece of shit when you do. people treat you better when you're dressed better. sucks, but that's how it goes.

>bulk nuts and seeds
for only twice the price of beef, yeah! what a silly goose this user is being.

I'd return it immediately. The guy might remember your buying it. You should get a full refund. I would suggest if one gallon was bad and the date is fine, that unless he has newer in the back, that you should just take your money and leave. They probably had a power outage.