Are the more expensive sauces worth it?

Are the more expensive sauces worth it?

no

make your own

More expensive sauces are less likely to taste like baby food, but I can't remember the last time I bought jarred sauce, or didn't at least doctor it up.

Learn to cook.

No, I buy the cheepest one. And I use it with instant ramen because seriously cooking pasta is way too much work.

some garlic cooked with tomatoes, olive oil, basil and salt+pepper is better than 99% of sauces from a jar as long as you arent a retard

Rao's is pretty good if you don't feel like making your own. I would say it is worth it.

Finland doesn't have any good quality fresh tomatoes

tomato sauce is shit tier regardless so I don't know why you'd bother

Canned tomatoes are one of the few veggies that actually holds up fucking well.

I use san marzano tomatoes

Is OP taken in Finland?

We have neither of those in Sweden

>Barilla
Only comes in Classic, Arrabbiata, Basilico

Not for tomato sauce, but for pesto, absolutely yeah. Cheap pesto is fucking disgusting.

it's impossible to find ripe in season san marzano tomatos 75% of the year where tomatos are available anyways. which is why it's always recommended to use canned whole san marzano's when making marinara

vodka sauce is the best jarred sauce but ti's still not very good

some of the alfredo sauces are ok.

all of the tomato sauces I've had are way too bitter and frankly just gross, but can be mitigated with some added sugar.

I will never buy a jarred sauce with meat in it,
or anything under 2 dollars, especially pesto or alfredo.

the problem is, tomato sauce takes too fucking long to make and I don't have a bunch of containers to fill and freeze for later use

i want that

This. This interests me.

Just buy a few tomatoes and grate them, add tomato paste, some garlic/onions and basil leaves. Honestly there is no simpler thing.

JEl

What are yalls opinion on using Tomato Sauce as a base rather than canned/fresh tomatoes for pasta sauce?

barilla is.. like.. okay.
newman's own is the only sauce i care about though.
making your own is hard because people think you can just stew stuff in a saucepan, but that's just making tomato syrup. if you want tomato SAUCE you have to use a broiler and actually bake the shit

No, because I always feel the need to doctor it up with extra seasoning and veggies anyway, so I usually just go with a plain tomato sauce.

>if you want tomato SAUCE you have to use a broiler and actually bake the shit

explain

Its more watery than the usual canned sauces but it definitely tastes alot better although I still buy the normal jarred sauces because the pureed texture feels much better

buy your store's generic sauce for $1.25 and just add your own spices

mason jars are very cheap, and all you need is an afternoon