Today, I learned the secret to great sausage(breakfast) gravy

Today, I learned the secret to great sausage(breakfast) gravy.

pic related but not mine.

what is it??

Semen, a lot of it.

That is not gravy, unless that is another thing Americans have ruined

Use hot sausage?

Its literally a white bechamel with broken up pieces of sausage in it.

Could you tell us what a gravy is please

>rendered fat with thickening agent
What is gravy for 200

Sage, I presume.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but the classic definition would be a sauce made from the drippings left behind from cooking meat.

The American country gravy certainly qualifies since it's made the same way as, say, the gravy for a sunday roast dinner--thicken the drippings with flour. So yeah, technically it is a gravy. But, I'm sure some sperg out there will flip out about the appearance--most gravies are smooth in texture whereas this usually has chunks of sausage in it.

What you're seeing in OP is pork sausage meat in the gravy. Though, sage is a standard flavoring for that kind of sausage.

I'm aware. I said sage because OP said he learned a secret and really sausage gravy is simple as fuck, but some people don't realize it tastes of sage.

>calls a flashlight a torch when a torch gives off light in a radius and a flashlight directs light

Can never trust the Brits to name things, only time you can is when they add -er like a child would

peanut butter

I think you used too much flour in you're gravity.
It should be brown numb nuts.

Not if he used whole milk or half and half. Ive once used half and half for my sawmill gravy, it was excellent but really really rich. Probably would not do it that often at all, especially if I'm trying to keep trim. But how often does anyone make biscuits and gravy anyways? Like 3 or 4 times a year?

Not gravity!
That's roux you pleb.

Gravy is a sauce made with a roux from meat dripping and starch. The liquid used to make the gravy base in this case was milk or dairy and not broth or stock. Are you daft?

And those a scones not biscuits you moron.
This retard's been eating roux and scones!

Fuck off, bong.

cant tell ya

maybe it is... maybe it isnt.

There is no secret, it's easy as fuck to make.

no, the secret is black pepper

>secret

you'd be surprised how many people believe breakfast gravy shouldn't have pepper

please stop calling it bechamel, what a fucking disgusting sounding word.

how the fuck do you think the sausage got cooked? you make that first then use the drippings to make, surprise surprise, a gravy with flour and milk

literally said it's not his pic you dumbasses

jfc this board is functionally illiterate

Announcing Sage in your posts is a bannable offense, user.

>sage is a standard flavoring

The biggest secret for making perfect biscuits and gravy is using evaporated milk. That's the classic old school way, and still makes the best. Also bacon gravy is 999999 times better than sausage.

You and your bacon gravy, damn give it up. bacon goes great with sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon fat makes the best breakfast gravy/sausage gravy, but its not as good as you try to make it seem. If I didn't have sausage, I would just make plain gravy and eat bacon and biscuits with it.

The secret is to let your roux get dark and use 2/3 h2o and 1/3 milk

It is, if youre not a fatass americunt or britbong.

nah pork and sage sausages are common in bongland