Which is the REAL 3rd Generation of Blockchain?

>1st: BTC
>2nd: ETH
>3rd: ... ?

For clarification, the 3rd gen of blockchain should be more than just "better BTC" or "better ETH." It needs to innovate, not iterate. Shitcoins and """"utility"""" tokens need not apply.

There can be only one:
>EOS (way too early to know if this is the one, or just a dud)
>ADA (who the fuck is making this? I hate not knowing the team)
>NEO (too similar to ETH to be the "next generation." Will do well, but it doesn't do anything beyond iterate on ETH)
>IOTA (the most realistic answer. Tangle + partnerships puts it on top. So what if the creator has a brand of autism? Didn't stop ETH)
>SKY (ambitious as hell -- screams next-gen)

Bonus: which of these "blockchain connector" coins will be used to facilitate communication between Gen 2 and Gen 3 blockchains?

>AION
>ARK
>ICX
>Wanchain

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/blockchain-platforms-one-chain-to-rule-them-all-f3f7dda84bae
shitcoin.com/iota-cannot-be-used-for-iot-loss-of-funds-may-occur-e45b1ed9dd6b?ho1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ELASTOS

Mainnet and wallet were completed and functional before the ico even happened.

Partners/investors to date: neo, bitmain, Huawei and Alibaba, AVIC (Chinese air defense), SAIC (largest carmaker in China), zapya (Chinese filesharing p2p 500m users), Foxconn (everyone should know this), tencent founder xiaosong has invested and is releasing a dApp on Elastos for his musicchain project, green panda which built a solar power plant for the UN is releasing panda coin on Elastos, perforce gaming (look it up), the list goes on

Link and its obvious

I don't think one truly exists yet.

there is no generation 3
NEO is the Eth of China and China will control the world from 2050

Aion

Retard, LINK is a token that betters an existing blockchain. It will moon, but it's not a new generation, brainlet.

universa

You are a short-sighted fool. Even if China did rule the world, NEO would not be the end all be all.

I believe that. ETH didn't exist until over a year after the 2014 "crash."

it can' be any of the ones you mention op, because none of them are any better than just a "slightly better eth".

ethereum was nothing like bitcoin. what comes next must be nothing like ethereum.

shitcoins like eos, ada, neo are just "better" ethereums, when in fact they just trade a few things, no real innovation.

dag is interesting but has too many problems. and there are too many dag coins out today for any one of them to have the huge first mover advantage that both btc and eth did in their own classes.

blockchain "connectors" are all worthless because there arent going to be that many blockchains that need connecting. simple as that.

This.

XRP

Well I belive in connectors like ARK
EOS and ADA aso like very nice

nice to trade, sure, but none of them come even close to the disruptive nature of btc or eth, isn't that the whole point of this thread?
i dont even think we have anything today that even comes close, because you need both the team and the tech, and right now i see most if not all of the really talented cryptographers and developers already working on ethereum and bitcoin. we would need some prodigy like satoshi or vitalik to step forward first.

unironically

This

Tezos
Bonus: Polkadot

Agreed.

The true answer is that the 3rd gen coin doesn't exist yet, but once it does, it will be immediately clear. It won't be just "well, it does a few things better than ETH and ADA, so..."

EOS is working faggot, it will launch in a few months

except NEO predates ETH....

>working
>launch in a few months

Congrats, you bought into the hype. How are those bags feeling, retard?

Add qtum and trx.

LAMDEN, yes i am telling it

The blockchain that wins won't be the one with the most bells and whistles, it'll be the one that is most simple and elegant.

NEO / ARK

NULS

NEO is not 3rd gen blockchain.
ADA will be the one to emerge as the King.

but iota is batshit crazy. ternary hardware, quantum protection, broken wallet, centralised, insane devs, etc

3rd generation is xrb. sorry you can't see it

I'm 50/50 in neo and eos. Neo because china is a huge market and they always use their own shit regardless of whether or not better alternatives exist in the west. eos because Dan has a proven track record, they have funding out the ass by serious players, big planned projects by wikipedias cofounder and bitfinex, and a test net that looks solid. All the ingredients to take over the market over the next 5 years.

Nano only does one thing. It's not a very comprehensive project. The only way for it to become king is if it becomes adopted as a mainstream currency. And that's keeping in mind that other more comprehensive projects will still be competing for that spot as well. Seems like a bit of a long shot.

neo is dogshit, they fuccked up many ico's if they cant handle simple ico traffic. forgot about dapps. typical made in chinke product. what do u expect

Nano is only feeless because people are hosting nodes out of their freewill, there's no profit to be made out of hosting the nodes, I know it takes next to no computing power to host the nodes but other coins can do that too if they wanted and make Nano no longer have a advantage. Its stupid in the first place to host nodes out of your freewill.

Delusional.

You dumbnigger.It serves the exact same purpose as btc xrp ltc xlm all top ten coins and it mops the floor with them.

right. just look at vitalik, someone that dedicated and autistic about his project is what drives ethereum to stay relevant. most new coins get a huge amount of premining/preallocation to founders, they get rich as fuck, and development slows to a crawl.

the team is by far the most important aspect, and for a true "thirid" gen coin, the lead developer is going to have to be someone thats been around from literally the start, and has seen all of the previous failures and struggles first hand trying to develop and scale this tech. and no, sorry, it won't be someone from china.

Skycoin already makes this obsolete.

Ark partnering with Skycoin

You are wrong bong, its bitbean all the way

MAN

Btc is a shit coin, xrp is a banking payment platform, xlm can be used as a dapp platform and can be used for other currencies including fiat, ltc is a shitcoin. Nanos only real use case right now is for exchange arbitrage. It basically replaces ltc and bcash. I don't see how it will be king when it doesn't even do a fraction of what some other projects do.

VeChain. Also a platform. But realistically it'll be $5-6 EOY. Sunny is a convicted thief/accused rapist. Their "partnerships" are shady as fuck. And this is coming from a HUGE VeChain fan.

the team behind both is dogshit though.

>ADA (who the fuck is making this? I hate not knowing the team)

what do you mean by this? it's not in the least secret

it's the ETH devs that went on the ETH Classic and then got the Japanese injection to do this blockchain based on an academic consensus paper, and in Haskell

Out of the ones you mentioned ada, honorable mention to eos

HPB

1 word: Seele

Blink Network

as interesting as cardano looks, it still suffers from the same problems neo and eos both share, too little too late. they all have big ideas, but by the time those ideas even get set in motion ethereum will just be even further ahead.

ethereum didn't get to where it is today by being a "better bitcoin".

>the team is by far the most important aspect, and for a true "thirid" gen coin, the lead developer is going to have to be someone thats been around from literally the start, and has seen all of the previous failures and struggles first hand trying to develop and scale this tech. and no, sorry, it won't be someone from china.

Are you a newfag or something? Do you not know who Dan Larimer is? Do you not know who Charles Hoskinson is?

Except Ethereum's scaling solutions aren't guaranteed to be released anytime soon. EOS launches in June

daily reminder that the value of a network with n users is roughly n*log(n)

yes, i know both of them.

dan has shown to have all the qualities you don't want. quick to discard projects, and doesn't ever re-think any of the fundamental design issues of any of his previous ones before starting a new one.

charles is slightly better, but cardano isn't aiming high enough to be something i see really sitting up there alongside btc/eth for a long while, everything else isn't sleeping waiting for them to actually release something. and this is also the guy that moved over to ethereum classic (he was ejected from the ethereum team long before).

it does currency which is the main goal of crypto CURRENCIES. it's already train taking PayPal out and 2nd layer solutions will still need fees and be slow, so there is no actual competition
people host nodes because they want to be able to use nano dumbass. and it will take year's for other coins to implement this. ETH is still pretending they'll switch to pos and BTC has other plans

kys

eos doesn't have a scaling solution, just tradeoffs. like i said, too little too late.

3rd Gen means 3rd wave/release.

Therefore btc, ltc and doge are 1st Gen. Eth, NEO, ARK, OMG are 2nd wave.

3rd wave is coins like ADA, XRB, TRX, XLM.

Except EOS will be Dan's magnus opus and he will definitely be sticking around and learned from the mistakes of his previous projects. He will be building a rival to Steemit on EOS since Steemit is controlled/manipulated by whales.

i dont think he's learnt much from looking at the codebase and whitepaper, honestly. dpos isn't a scaling solution, it trades decentralization for throughput, requiring heavy servers. i believe there's still a requirement of 40GB of memory just to run a full bitshares node without any filtering.

these are the things that dan could have worked on to find real solutions to, but he still hasn't. from bitshares to steem to eos, he's just dragging his flawed codebase along with him, tacking new things onto it.

if he had the balls to start from scratch and really look at decentralization as a first class citizen, not something to skirt around for performance, i would have a lot more faith in eos. i still own a little though, just like i do neo.

meanwhile xrb is up 40% today. why didn't you buy nano user

too overpriced for me, i'd want to see a retrace below what most people think is even possible before jumping into something that was handed out for free with a very questionable distribution method.

This man, he speaketh the truth.

Sky is ambitious as hell

>no NAS ITT
brainlets

Ethereum will be left in the dust. All of their scaling improvements will be too little too late, as you put it. Currently vaporware. Eos, ada and neo all scale infinitely, and are more decentralized and secure in taking into account the existence of mining pools. There are no trade offs being made, it's simple technological advancement, like going from dialup to cable Internet

They are not "infinitely scalable" and ETH will still be around for ICO's.

And I say this as somene with 400k in NEO and 0 ETH.

zilliqa obviously. only smart contract platform with a scalable main chain while maintaining decentralization. EOS and NEO can stay fast on chain but only have like 7 nodes.

or it will be cosmos/polkadot

LINK.

>BTC
Blockchain
>ETH
Smart contracts on the blockchain
>LINK
Connecting rteal world and the blockchain smart contracts

That's the reason LINK is being shilled, you drooling retard. Everyone else already knows it's the next and the last big thing in crypto.

maybe, at some point. not by any of the coins discussed in this thread though. a better bitcoin has yet to come close to taking over bitcoin. why do you think a coin with even more entrenchment like ethereum is going to be easier to uproot?

inertia drives this market, and none of eos, ada, or neo have what it takes to push the 50+% of all coins relying on ethereum off of it.

>last big thing

Once the blockchain and the real world merge, there is nowhere left to go. This will be the mass adoption.
LINK is the blockchain magnum opus.

Infinitely is an exaggeration, but they have essentially solved the scalability issue that pow suffers from. The network is capable of growing to the same degree as the Internet itself without unreasonable energy requirements.

Ethereum will have no reason to exist. Ico's will go wherever the market goes.

The only reason bitcoin is still king is because of first mover advantage and the storage of value meme. Ethereum doesn't have those advantages. It relies on people actually using its network.

>all the coins relying on ethereum

EOS recently announced that they are developing an "ETH to EOS relay code" to allow projects to migrate to the EOS platform.

yes, and microsoft tried to add a compatibility layer for android apps on their phones.

yes, and people are absolutely using the network. it has more use than bitcoin right now, in fact. you're underestimating how much value you get being an erc-20 token in today's market.

IOTA.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

People are using now because it's currently the only real option. This will change very soon. Also don't forget than more than 50% of all day blockchain transactions are on steem/bitshshares without their networks even reaching a fraction of their capacity. What happens when you can build those platforms and others like them right on top of the eos network? Mass addoption.

Zilliqa seems like a good bet.
hackernoon.com/blockchain-platforms-one-chain-to-rule-them-all-f3f7dda84bae

we'll see. none of them scale as well as plasma would theoretically though, anyway. second layers will have to be used at some point, so they will have to decide whether switching is worth it when they're still going to be reliant on a second layer network for real growth in the end.

no mention of OMG? phew. my gains are safe.

and those bitshares/steemit "transactions" is a flawed metric, it's easy to get that throughput when you have what is essentially a centralized network of huge servers.

the reality is, bitshares is seeing no real end user activity, and steemit has been fading ever since dan abandoned it.

Dpos is less centralized than ethereum and bitcoin. Better to have 20+ nodes spread out geographically who can be voted on by the network as a whole than a couple seedy whale mining pools located in china.

big if truth

Trips confirm

The literal state of biz

3rd gen blockchain right under their noses and they don’t realize it

>Chinese coin
>3rd gen

Lol.

It'll be Ocean Protocol

what do you think of LINK?

Well you guys can worry about the 3rd generation while Vechain is developing blockchain X... will encooporate all current and future BlockChains as it’s completely malleable

this

i can understand that argument, but i agree with vitalik's stance on dpos, and that while it has it's advantages in throughput, it sacrifies the security you get from just throwing a lot of independent actors at it.

bitcoin has clearly failed at decentralization thanks to its poorly designed proof of work algorithm, and the cheap chinese electricity, but it doesn't have to be that way. monero is a great example of proof of work done right.

just all the shit ive picked up on from being around for many years. its served me well so far but the landscape today is a lot more irrational than it was even only two years ago.

i think oracles are critical for smart contracts to be more than digital accountants, but chainlink itself is a bet against a dominant smart contract platform emerging, because such a platform would itself have its own oracles.

chainlink can only really shine in the same scenario that would let blockchains like ark or icon shine, where we have 5-10 smart contract platforms, or payment platforms, all with huge adoption and usage, where we require some kind of interconnectivity between them.

personally i dont think that's the way the market is heading

You think ETH would develop and incorporate their own oracle system rather than just using LINK?

i think they would have to. whether or not it gets any traction depends on the value of having a superdominant oracle network itself (link), which contradictorily depends on NOT having a superdominant smart contract platform (eth).

Agree 100% on ELA . It clearly is the logical next step in blockchain.

zilliqa and ontology

I love that Biz is sleeping on this

I've been shilling this since whitelist was open. This is the Luis Vuitton, the Gucci, the Bentley of blockchain. Watch everyone decide to fomo in when this is $350 a token instead of the early point which is now.

I got in at $60, comfy as fuck. It’s funny how they’re all arguing over shitcoins and and we’re simply sitting back and waiting for them to wake up.

On a side note why does ELA remind me of this.

Also the funny part is when Da Hongfei acknowledges that ELA is a 3rd gen blockchain.... not sure how someone requires anymore justification. Literally went all in after his implication

shitcoin.com/iota-cannot-be-used-for-iot-loss-of-funds-may-occur-e45b1ed9dd6b?ho1

LOL

Seriously, no-one has told me what the fuck neo is good for. The whitepaper is devoid of content.