This is $8 in Canada

This is $8 in Canada

Probably because there's such a small market for imported crappy malt liquor that it costs a fortune to drive over the border.

List some popular craft beer prices and there will be something to talk about.

this is 65 cents in spain
decent beer like San Miguel is 1,20€ for 1L bottle
40 ounces = 1,11 L

why do you call beer "old english liquor"

Malt liquor is basically shitty light beer with a bunch of cheap adjuncts added to boost the abv.

It's what super poor people drink when they can't handle cheap vodka or only have a couple dollars to spend each day for their alcohol fix.

gotcha
thanks for the explanation
sounds like a marketing thing to call it malt "liquor" like it was more fancy

isn't that only because it's taxed to hell? Pretty sure some friends from alberta told me it's $30+ for a case of budweiser.

Still not worth living in a third world country for

me

yep, Canadian liquor laws are pretty silly, it's 45 bucks for a 2-6 of bulleit in Vancouver

The term "malt liquor" has been around since the 1600s and has always referred to beer.
Liquor hasn't always been synonymous with spirits and hasn't always meant distilled alcohol.

>montreal
>want to have a beer in the park
>2 big can labatt blue
>$15
>mind blown

I got a razor haircut for the same price there.

miller high life ftw 40oz = $3 poor mans water

Ontario here , this is the best shit for the price ($2.75 / 710ml). Careful though , its called Boxer because after drinking it you'll often end up sleeping in a box.

>drinking beer

That's the drink that got me through college.

oi just get some white lightning from the paki shop bruv

pic related. I can drink every single one of these beers except one and not complain.

pabst blue ribbon tastes like absolute shit.
why is such a meme when it tastes so awful?

>cider
whats it taste like? seems rather affordable, is it any good?

>liquor outside of a liquor store in canada
hah, that's funny

it's pretty shit i haven't had it since i was about 15 and at that point you're sitting in a field with 5 bottles of this and some cheap vodka and you couldn't care less about the taste.

A 40 is under 2$ in wisconsin.

>3 fucking litres for £2.99
>Is it good?

Yes, clearly its a premium product.

Yup; it is taxed right to hell and back. I think Alberta is the only place that actually has private liquor stores.

You also aren't really allowed to ship in alcohol between provinces.

Ridiculous,

Genesee is my go to cheap beer.

>buying from pakis
>ever

>pabst blue ribbon tastes like absolute shit.
>why is such a meme when it tastes so awful?

glad someone knows. it's fucking shit. always has been shit. only retarded rednecks used to drink it. how it ever got popular with the faggots i'll never know. maybe they pretend they're sucking off a dirty redneck or something.

Tramp juice

>he doesn't drink andy's

$7.45 for 750mL of 18%. Absolute best dollar-per-mL ethanol value in Ontario. Plus it tastes great. [spoiler]Yes, I've done the math[/spoiler]

The only beer I've seen sold in a 36 pack. Blew my mind. And that was just Boxer. Now see there's Boxer Ice, and that's a truly terrifying prospect.

I'd probably drink it happily, though.

Some of the fly over states in the USA have laws on how much abv something sold as "beer" can have. The term malt liquor is a way around it.

Black Jack Japanese whiskey cost me a whopping 200 yen. That's less than 2 bucks.

Redpill me on sherry, does it give you a wicked hangover?

I can't even find these in Manitoba anymore. And last time I bought one about six years ago they were like $4z

>tfw the same thing is $3.75 in Saskatchewan

I hate Canada.

It's $1.79 in some liquor stores in St. Louis County, Missouri. It comes in a plastic bottle, too.

I'd pick Spain over Canada or the US any day of the week. As do most of Europe's pensioners and tourists.

>BLACK nikka whisky

Oh, Japan.

steel reserve is 1.89 for a 40oz here in NJ

This is 15 bucks in canada

Shit-tier swill aside, America's Hat is just so wrong on any and all fronts.

You know i generally like Canada but everytime i want to get drunk i want to kill myself

Fuck this nanny state sin tax bullshit

Good beer doesn't exist in Spain.
Was there last month