RAMEN

Is there anything good to put into ramen???

Like proper ramen, or that top ramen garbage?

just get a packet of indomie and then fry an egg

>google.com

Have a better pic op

Anything.

No. In fact don't even bothering adding the seasoning packets, and dump out the broth while you're at it.

t. ramen master

>indomie

Why do people always suggest this?

It's like the malt liquor version of ramen, except you get a smaller amount, it isn't really much cheaper, and it's not even ramnen.

egg is pretty good. Just crack a egg into it and stir it in. Adds more than you think

ONLY THE BEST

my tips over the years:

get pan, fill with water, boil water, put the noodles (not the sauce or sodium packets) in, cook it JUST before it turns al-dente (don't cover, ramen chefs in japan never cover noodles when they boil) and strain noodles, pour cold water over noodles to stop from cooking and put noodles in bowl you'll use to eat ramen.

boil water again (This time this water you're gonna keep and not throw out unlike the first time). add sauce packets and whatever else came with the ramen. add a few drops of sesame oil. crack a single egg inside, don't cover pan, let water come to a simmer, for the desired yolk consistency less boiling time = runnier yolk, more boiling time = firmer yolk. take off from heat, add everything to the bowl of noodles. garnish with green onions and serve with beer.

reason why we boil the noodles separately first is to cook it then pour out all the crap and goo and gunk and shit that comes with it (since the noodles are already unhealthy to begin with, look at the color of the water when you pour it out afterward).
the reason why we take the noodles out just BEFORE they're al-dente (google al dente if you don't know what this means) is because we're going to pour in hot soup later that will cook it to the right temperature.

the perfect ramen noodle texture when chewed should be very firm and chewy, not soft and mushy. it's better to undercook your noodles and let it cook by sitting in the broth later than to overcook and have it end up getting softer and softer the longer you eat it.

t. Americlap

Mi Goreng is cheap as fuck because it's produced in the same region

It's also the best hands down

probably ausfags because it's ubiquitous as fuck here. not a huge amount of variety outside of asian grocery stores.

See
Indomie is cheap here because we are so close to the source

It's more expensive in seppoland because of shipping

Plus they have heaps more brands to choose from so that's probably why they think it's shit, there is quite likely better instants out there

I'm Indonesian born in Australia btw pham

I literally grew up on Indomie and Vegemite, you cunt

Laksa is the patrician ramen

Gonna try this.
Sounds good.

That's what I always assume, because it always comes up during 'straya hours, but then people always pretend it's more ubiquitous.

Putting chop sticks in a bowl like that is disrespectful. Whoever took this picture has no clue about Asian society. You would get thrown out of a restaurant in Nihon for that.

I can't even tell if people are trolling or if there are genuine weeb faggots who really believe this. Ramen is the most casual of casual dining. they don't give a FUCK what you do with your fucking implements.

He's not wrong though, putting chopsticks like that is kind of like holding your knife and fork with fist hands while hunched over your plate like a cave man

Then again most of you neckbeards probably do that, too

Yeah, but that's not going to get someone literally thrown out of a restaurant.

Idk, I might throw you out. Fucking leaving chopsticks in my bowls like you own the fucking place.
Nu uh.

thanks, you really know your stuff!

well you really should have gotten to know me better before inviting me over for a bowl of ramen and not giving me a fork

It's something to the effect of you'll die before your parents. I got whacked for clipping my nails after sun down too.

I typically add soy sauce and sambal oelek.
It's top tier simple additions, save for the ridiculous amount of salt.

Whatever you want desu famalam

Man, good thing we live in a country where that isn't the case and literally no one gives a fuck about this.
It's almost like by posting that, you completely wasted yours and everyone else's time with irrelevant bullshit.
Almost.

Chopped onion, a wee amount of diced peppers, and some sausage.

Mayu if you're not a complete retard when ti comes to cooking

Basically burnt garlic and sesame oil mmmnmnmnmnmnmmm

>white people putting boiled egg in ramen.
Just stop this, now.

White people should be put in camps

What's this from?

There are three anime images of ramen in this thread and they all include boiled egg.

Are you under the impression that anime is written/animated by white people?

>Are you under the impression that anime is written/animated by white people?

No, but it's written for white people

That's pretty much just as dumb as the first assumption.

I don't know about weebshit but in chinkland, sticking chopsticks in any food is bad.

When praying, we will stick joss sticks in a vat of ashes so when offering food to the deceased, we stick chopsticks inside the bowl since they look the same. When you stick your chopsticks inside the bowl, then eat it later
>implications
So it's not so much rude as extremely taboo.

I don't think anybody is going to throw you out of their shop for doing that but you'll get shocked stares from any customers who spot you, an angry glare from the chef for treating his food as such and if you have any parents worth their weight in rice, a tight slap across the face and a yelling.

Of course, the Japs might actually like pretending to be dead people during their meals so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Just keep in mind that this IS a chink taboo and treating food like that around chinks WILL offend them. in case that ever happens.