What happens after almost all the coins get mined in bitcoin?

?????????? then what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELA91d_mx80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It becomes an erc20 token

Crippling deflation that will invalidate it’s prospective use as a currency and drive the price up, provided adequate demand exists, which it won’t because no mining means no usable network.

Bad times

Skynet goes live

OKAY, SO IF THE VALUE DROPS TO ABSOLUTE SHIT

PEOPLE WON'T MINE THE SHIT RIGHT?

THEN TRANSACTION TIME WILL BE LIKE A YEAR OF TIME.

????

THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

LIKE SERIOUSLY.

would transaction fees not be enough to cover the costs of mining?

it forks and everyone gets absolutely justd into oblivion. Then everyone realizes btc was a meme and fiat pairing take over the market and we hit stability

I think you know already, user. In a word: worthless.

people will still mine. they just wont be generating new bitcoin but will be able to sustain off of transaction tips alone. remember the amount of bitcoin you get for mining countinously decreases itself, by the time we are even near 20 million tokens, successful mines will be generating fractions of bitcoins anyways.

if noone mined then yes the transaction would be in limbo looking to be verified, even if by one person.
wouldnt happen though because someone would mine just to verify the transaction, just to get paid in the transaction tip. ie they still make money

So you are telling me if it dips below like $500 it is pretty much completely dead?

What price would it have to be at for it to be completely worthless to even try for miners?

But the problem is they are not just mom and pop operations.

so you are trying to tell me that if the price dips to fucking low this guys shit won't go under and completely just kill transaction time making the whole operation go to shit

youtube.com/watch?v=ELA91d_mx80

why would the price drop?

ok yes hypothetical price drop to point where mining warehouses cant pay rent will lead to dead bitcoin but why would price drop?

>ok yes hypothetical price drop to point where mining warehouses cant pay rent will lead to dead bitcoin but why would price drop?

Why would the price stay up?

but where is the value from mining coming from? arent the new blocks mined the reward?

Pretty much.

under 6k it is not worth it for mining operations to continue mining it

continuously deflating currency, it become rarer and rarer over time. no nothing is burnt but as people die with bitcoin in their wallets or just lose their keys, more and more leaves circulation.
more and more leaves, bitcoin's value goes up, as people now trade on satoshis rather than on btc.
people dont even keep track of the price of bitcoin at this point just the price of 1 satoshi.

and just fyi gold doesnt work this way. gold doesnt continuously deplete. its unique to bitcoin and is what will drive the price after mining rewards have halted.
if you think it wont hold the price then we will just have to wait and see, not like we will be alive to witness it.

miners will still be paid in tips. the idea is that once you stop generating btc the price will go up due to rarity and tips in transactions will be enough to pay miners.

When around 70% of coins are mined, normies won't give a fuck about them anymore. When normies don't give a fuck about them, their value will fall to zero, because their only value is to sell to dipshit normies

>under 6k it is not worth it for mining operations to continue mining it

Well, there seems to be a chink in the system then. So how long realistically will this last 1 year or two?

price would skyrocket since max capacity is reached

price would overshoot it's real value by 1000% and then revert to mean and stabilize

>youtube.com/watch?v=ELA91d_mx80

And what happens when this guy realizes he has the power and monopoly on mining to do a 51% attack.

it'll never happen

/thread

>it'll never happen

FUCKING CHINA COULD LITERALLY UNDERMINED THE WHOLE SYSTEM

GET RICH AND NOT GIVE A FUCK

wouldnt happen because

1) right now to get the btc reward from mining a block, it is basically a lottery, to who does the most verified transactions. which is why anyone who isnt a warehouse miner pools using something liek nicehash, but in the future everyone will be rewarded for mining from transaction tips. so little ol' me on my laptop can mine btc and maybe do like 5 transactions a day or some shit, i get paid 5 times and thats cool i got paid when i normally wouldnt win the btc lottery, and what i get from nicehash is miniscule.
now the miner warehouse will be doing like 1000 transactions and is getting wayy more money than me, but people like me are still incentivised to mine because im garunteed a payout where as right now i would never get paid to mine on my laptop because the lottery would always be won by warehouse miners.

maybe there will be a flip, that is, maybe more people will laptop/phone mine and warehouse mining wouldnt be efficient. but regardless because my pay is guaranteed , there is a reason for others to mine.

Bitcoin becomes a collectible

All hash power goes to ELA

Crypto market would be dead long before that happens.

this

underrated

jesus, why do you people buy crypto if you don't know the very basics

After all the btc are mined, the miners then get the transaction fees, continuing the network. You think satoshi wouldn't think of the very first problem of bitcoin?
fucking newfags