When I have a bite of certain foods, usually sweet (bananas or yoghurt)...

When I have a bite of certain foods, usually sweet (bananas or yoghurt), my cheeks and jaw begin to experience a sharp intense pain that lasts a few seconds, and then goes away.
This happens on the first bite
Why does this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qDRGKsVx_3A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting#Gleeking
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I usually find this happens when I'm especially hungry. When the food hits my mouth my saliva ducts spring into action and I believe this causes a kind of pleasant pain. Tart foods do this the most.

I could be wrong though.

Salivary glands getting too excited seems like a possible explanation

I KNOW THIS FEELING

I get this feeling but only on the rare occasions I have chocolate. the pain is right in the back of my mouth where the joint of the jaw is.

I've this problem for as long as I remember.

Maybe it is something to do with your sinuses?

I get it with really sour foods like right below the ear. I don't know the science terms but it fucking smarts

Damn trips.
>Getting swollen lips from eating fruit. Feels like a punch in the mouth and makes you want to bite and suck the blood straight from your heart.
Fruit, why have you done this to me?
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=qDRGKsVx_3A

>It's sensitive saliva

maybe you have lock jaw. go see a dentist

Damn, I thought I was the only one. Except sometimes even mildly sour things triggers it.

Beer does this to me.

You probably have a cavity, you know. Good to a dentist. Makes you really sensitive to sweet. Either that or you're just sensitive to sugar. It can trigger with cold and/or hot too.

Saliva making glands/ducts going in to overdrive. Totally normal.

I've never had this happen

However, when I am doing flat bench, if I open my lips even slightly, I squirt two streams of saliva up 3 feet in the air like windshield wiper fluid, it's fucking weird. So I always do this duckface thing when I bench so I don't shoot jets of saliva everywhere like a prehistoric lizard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitting#Gleeking

happens when I yawn sometimes

This.
Even looking at sour foods causes it

That article is a joke
"Spithing as protection against evil"
Wut?

Gleeking. If you rode the bus to Northwood Middle School in 1988 and couldn't gleek, you were shamed and cast out of social circles.

Looks like I can still gleek. Haven't tried in years.

What thus user said.

when I drink canned pop, if the tab on top of the can touches my nose it makes my tear ducts feel cold