Is it actually good or just a meme because of the bottle?

Is it actually good or just a meme because of the bottle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XnrmSfZEuRk
youtube.com/watch?v=HUEKreyTkvA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you really think you can tell the difference between super premium vodka and Smirnoff?

youtube.com/watch?v=XnrmSfZEuRk

>crystal-head-vodka
Anything Dan does is good.

Bought a bottle for my bar and refill it with Alberta Pure vodka. No one can tell.

Yes.

Why can't it just be a meme because Dan Aykroyd made it, that's the only reason I'd drink it

It's an overpriced meme vodka for sure user.
Belvedere is the best vodka, followed by grey goose.

vodka is NOTHING but meme branding. the perfect vodka is colorless and tasteless. once you reach that level it's all the same shit with different bottles

decent but overpriced so both i guess

The guy's nuts though

very few things are really tasteless though, just like you can tell the difference between brands of bottled waters (or tap waters, mineral waters, well waters, etc) by taste, you can definitely tell the difference between this and cheaper vodkas despite how tasteless they're supposed to be.

meme shit just like wines > $10

So how does someone become as crazy as Aykroyd? Is it a mental disorder?

pretty good lads

Be a schizo

Its good, but not the best vodka you will ever have.

Vodka isn't tasteless though. The distilling process and number of distillations will normally greatly reduce the natural flavor of whatever base grain the vodka is using, that flavor still remains. Some do try to be as flavorless as possible but this is mostly because they are for mixing and dont want to interfere with the mixers but still add alcohol content. Others want to have the grain be more prominent in taste for drinking straight or having more presence in mixed drinks.
That said most vodka instead try to differentiate themselves by texture. The idea of a "smooth" vodka is based on how it feels in the mouth and how it passes the throat and how much it "burns" the inside of your mouth. Some vodka try to be slick and feel thin, others try to stay in the mouth and have an oily after taste. Some want to burn so you can feel the alcohol while others want to reduce the burn since its not very pleasurable.

aykroyd has asburgers though

>>Belvedere is the best vodka, followed by grey goose.

kek, what a pleb

OBVIOUSLY A FUCKING MEME

PLEB

It's a meme for the cool bottle.

That said, this "all vodka is literally the same" shit is nonsense. What's true is that diminishing returns set in VERY, VERY QUICKLY and marketing is responsible for 90% of the differentiation between brands past a surprisingly low threshold. Smirnoff and Grey Goose aren't the same shit, but anything more expensive than Stoli or Tito's is probably just boosting you. Base grain matters more than number of distillations. Get a nice Polish rye like Sobieski (my go-to) or Wyborowa (my favorite) and your dollar will go so much further.

Ameripleb with industrial vodka detected

New a man once that had a skull of that exact stuff.
He got drunk and fucked a young, fake titty hairstylist.
When he came back...............the skull was empty.

Geologist here. The "semi precious gemstones" that this stuff is "filtered" over, Herkimer Diamonds, are nothing more than a novel form of quartz, ie glass. Part of their shtick, one of the selling points on their product's package is "filtering" their vodka with glass. GLASS. BIG FAT NUGGETS OF GLASS. If you fall for this gimmick you should be imprisoned and forced to watch Freddy Got Fingered for 18 hours a day. Also I'm really annoyed that these hacks evidently have enough herkimers to emply them on an industrial scale and are just endlessly wetting them with vodka when they could be in a museum or in someone's collection.

I just got a bottle of it recently with leftover airmiles.

Honestly as vodka goes it's pretty good. I don't drink vodka straight really but this is reasonable. It's not drinkable like good whisky, but it's not bad at all.

Honestly the real reason I got it was the meme bottle though.

How does filtering them over quartz do anything? It doesn't absorb anything that would be in the vodka

Are you paying attention? It's all a meme

It doesn't do anything. That's why the word filter is in quotation marks.

>could be in a museum
You are aware that museums are basically just a car boot sale with all shit in a glass cabinet?

Yeah but they have a/c and the stuff is fun to look at.

fiendish

Just buy it once for the bottle and then refill it with cheaper stuff.
Or just buy an empty bottle somewhere.

I bought a bottle from Dan Akroyd when he was in town. Seemed like a nice guy for the 3 seconds we spoke.

There was this crazy old guy in full ghostbusters outfit, driving a white Taurus he'd painted up like their car. Apparently he follows him around to every one of these events and tries to hang out with him after.

This was years ago before the reboot so maybe he's killed himself over it by now.

There are two brands of vodka you should never buy: Absolut and Grey Goose. The first because it's shit, the second because it's shit and overpriced.

No I don't want Indiana Jones trying to steel my booze.

>Is it actually good or just a meme because of the bottle?
Everything you need to know about vodka can be understood by watching Three Sheets Zane Lamprey sit down with the Chopin vodka owner and do a taste testing (S4E8: poland, Amazon or elsewhere). Myths about continual distilling vs types of vodka dispelled. Flavor can be a good thing.

I've never had the Crystal vodka, but from others I know, it was average, nothing special. Of course you buy it for the cool bottle (even the mini is a cool bottle!).

It's in your head. By definition vodka is odorless and tasteless.

Did you see him in Grosse Pointe Blank? Because that was very not good.

redlettermedia likes it desuchan

It sucks, barely better then pure ethanol shit like Smirnoff.

Stoli and Ketel One are better for less price.

Only Vodka does have a taste, even a smell. They're equally as strong by the way.

I will stab a brother in the neck for talking shit about Grosse Pointe Blank.

Dope film.

>the perfect vodka is colorless and tasteless
You meant spirit, right?

either I've only ever drunken shit vodka, or you're talking out of your ass

To be honest I can't tell which one it is

Huge soulless sellout. I started to hate that fuck in the recent years.

you shut your whore mouth

youtube.com/watch?v=HUEKreyTkvA

certain chemicals in cheaper vodkas arent filtered out as well. there are always going to be other things in the bottle other than just vodka, even on a small level. its why some bottled water tastes different from others, even tho the only ingredient is water (and minerals sometimes)

It tastes like cheap shit, I just bought it for the bottle.