What's the general consensus on five guys?

what's the general consensus on five guys?

I believe everybody thinks it's pretty good, like above average but waaaaaaaaaay overpriced

pretty good but very expensive

fries/10

I go there barely once a month though, like mentioned above, its pretty pricey for Fast Food. Id rather just spend 4 dollars at McDonalds and suck down the shit they sell there.

They are good but they treat the workers like shit. Worked there for a while and don't regret quitting

Good but would be better if they cut down overhead and just went with Four Guys instead of having us pay for so many Executive's salaries, the way we do with Chipotle.

Tha sugs man workers pretty cool guys D:

What the general consensus on making this thread 3 times a week?

I love it.

Overpriced and briefly a meme.

garbage

just like your thread

and your life

and everything you stand for.

pretty gross
MANY other good burger joints around, even tho this shithole is closest to my house I would not eat there again

>Order medium serving of fries
>Holy shit so many fries
>Literally half of the paper bag is fries
>The fucking thing is leaking grease, there's so many god damn french fries
Why are portions in America so oversized?

That's pretty rude man.

What? If you're eating there im assuming youre american, and probably just shit posting, but I think they serve so many fries because they have fresh potatoes they might as well give out before they have to toss em.

Pretty good if you know what to order.
Skip the fries.
skip the peanuts.
Skip getting a giant burger with the works.
Get a small burger with regular toppings and jalapenos , and a grilled cheese.

I like the burgers but I think peanut oil and fries are a match made in hell.

Shake Shack > Whataburger > In N Out > 5 guys > any other fast food burger.

overpriced to hell and back
and you can make better burgers at home for cheap

Smash Burger deserves to be on there too. Near the top.

Good point, as does Fat Burger, but believe both are only in one state.

I actually find Fatburger to be fucking awful, but I haven't eaten there in like 4 years

I'm on 3 right now. I plan on working my way up to 6 but I don't wanna rush it. I'm afraid it'll get loose if I take em all at once.

fpbp. It really is delicious, even if I don't usually eat there.

Consistent place here in Jacksonville, FL to get food poisoning.

I bet this was really funny in your head

How does it feel to have shit taste?

might as well go to the habit

How does it feel to be mentally inferior to the vast majority of humans on this planet?

If you live in Jacksonville you should pray for illness anyways.

this might be one of the worst posts i've ever seen in a five guys thread

Good burger, tons of fries. But way too expensive. Could buy two burger meals for the cost of one at teh various Vienna/burger joints in Chicago's Loop/southside

Can someone tell me about shake shack?

i live in Korea and the first shake shack has opened and everyone is taliking about it and at 10am yesterday there was a queue of 200 people, and 10pm the queue was still 100 people. I've never tried it since I'm not fucking waiting for fast food but is it actually good?

Also I'm sure the gooks here have ruined it like they ruin all other fast food (except fried chicken)

Idk man i lub me some in and out

Everyone seems to complain about five guys being overpriced, I guess I don't see it. The burgers are pretty close to most fast food burgers (off by a dollar or so, but they give way more food).

Fries are 5 bucks which is definitely way more than most places but you get a massive cup and half a bag's worth. Certainly not an unreasonable price for a once in a while meal.

Bacon burger + large fries = 13 or so, and a comparable large meal at McDonald's these days is like 10 to 12 bucks (where I live anyways).

Good, but not as good as In-N-Out.

I feel like there should be a /ckg/ board like Veeky Forums for all these threads that recur every day
Five guys general
Taco Bell general
I'm in x city where do I eat
Etc

I live in Jacksonville and never heard of this, which five guys? I go to the one in the town center occasionally.

Def not worth the wait. It's fine for a "fast food" burger, but go to any place that specializes in burgers and you're more than likely to get a better eat. What you saw was hype and nothing more

I do enjoy the fries though as they are good for scoopin up shack sauce

Better yet, the mods should just delete them instead of allowing the board to clog up with so many shitty threads

McD's here if I get a double cheese burger with bacon it's like $1.59 or something. A double quarter pounder with cheese and bacon is around $3.50. Large fries are about $2. So $5.50 for that or $4 for a normal double cheese/bacon and large fries. Five guys is around $13, which I do like their burgers more than McDonalds but I don't like 5 guy fries because the one by me they are always soggy and dripping. If I could get a 5 guys burger with Mcdonalds fries and a Wendys frosty, I would be in Heaven. Mostly from the death caused by the grease and fat. But still.

fucking awful
i had it in the uk and paid TWENTY POUND STIRLING for a greasy ass pile of lard and soggy "chips"

>Going to a meme chain in (probably) London

You deserved it idiot

Shills.

This. Above average, overpriced and overhyped. Good fries.

5 Guys is famous for that. Like, serving way too many fucking fries. It's their thing

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Just got a job there, so I won't have to worry about outrageous prices, what with free meals and all. Hopefully it isn't too shitty working there.

Great burgers, tolerable prices, fries only suitable for feeding to seagulls.

A Shake Shack opened up across the street and I've gone fully over to them even though they cost more.

Honestly the best burger I've ever had in my life. Beats all the hipster burger places popping up all over Germany right now. It really is a shame we don't have one here.

This person is a fucking idiot.

Shake Shack has one of the best thin patty burgers out there, beef is sirloin/chuck/oxtail.

Fries are shit cafeteria style though, don't bother.

Your mom says anything less than 5 guys isn't worth her time anymore

Huh?

There sure are five of them.

Yesterday I was in a part of the city I am unfamiliar with when I realized there was a Wendy's nearby. It was 2 pm and I hadn't eaten lunch yet and was really looking forward to trying their new chipotle sandwiches.

I took a wrong turn but ended up seeing a Five Guys, which I have never been to. As a rule, I usually avoid fast food restaurants without drive throughs. I noticed a drive through sign as I approached, but was disappointed to see it was for another restaurant nearby.

Going to Five Guys reaffirmed my distaste for going inside restaurants to order. My biggest issue was the disorganized menu. I was the only one in line and the cashier was staring at me and actually said "next please" after only a few minutes.

I told him that I wanted a hamburger and fries. He asked what kind of hamburger and I ended up saying a bacon cheeseburger because I didn't know how to respond. He repeated the question again and after I became flustered he said, "single, double, or triple?".

He also said, "what kind of fries?" and I hesitated for 10 seconds and then said "French fries". He laughed aloud directly at me and said "plain or Cajun". I got Cajun to end the ordeal.

Right away I was feeling a bit awkward so I got my own ketchup using the ketchup pump, which was somewhat novel. I got three cups and several napkins and the server said something about me not needing so many napkins if I didn't have so much ketchup. I didn't say anything but it was the beginning of a bad wait.

I ended up waiting in my hot jacket for what seemed like 10 minutes before my food was ready. It was very awkward just standing there and pretending to be interested in all their awards and newspaper articles on the wall.

I got my food and went into my vehicle to eat it when I realized I was the only car in front of the restaurant, which was all glass. I tried to eat but couldn't, so I drove to another adjacent parking lot. I prefer fast food places with moderately busy parking lots, not feeling like I am in the spotlight in front of an empty restaurant with the employees watching me if they like. I'm sure that is because of the time I arrived though.

Overall, the food was okay and nice for a change but I would have much rather tried the new Wendy's sandwiches. The Cajun fries were too salty and odd tasting and ended up getting lots of spice all over my car and jacket.

Has anyone tried the chipotle sandwiches? I am trying to cut down on fast food as a New Year's Resolution and I'm a bit nervous about the flu so I'll have to wait until Friday to try them.

>Going to Five Guys reaffirmed my distaste for going inside restaurants to order. My biggest issue was the disorganized menu. I was the only one in line and the cashier was staring at me and actually said "next please" after only a few minutes

Autism in action

Fucking god tier fast food

went to five guys once never went back

in n out > burger king > whataburger> fat burger > white castle > sonic > wendys > carl's jr > jack n box > five guys > mc donalds

any burger you make on your home grille is going to taste better

It's ok
Pretty good with mostly vanilla toppings
Bonus if you'll find a place that'll cook your patties medium but they have a policy for well done
I like the fries, usually get the regular fries. Also like they fill the cup and add another scoop
The free peanuts to snack on while you wait for your food is also pretty cool

All in all, I'd rather have them around than not, but I don't really go there all too often

Good !!! if you can not make your own homemade burgers , I love the fry's

>I love the fry's
>fry's
>'s
>'

The fry's what, user? Their taste? Their texture? Or did you mean "fries"?

Good but expensive.

People always compare it to In-N-Out, but it's like twice the price.

Shake Shack is better.

really good, especially the fries, but it's so fucking expensive

Keep on enjoy'n your Mickey D's

at least the toppings are free in my area

i load it up with basically everything on the menu, I wish they had better peppers though. The jalepeno peppers they use here are god awful

>skip the fries
>skip the best thing they have, with the freshest idaho potatoes you've ever tasted

you really do have shit taste user

i barely ever eat freedom fries, but goddamn are five guys worth it

Their fries are noodly and soft.
This isn't just the one in my area, I've eaten at three locations in two states.
Their fries are shit. You objectively have shit taste in fries.

I've eaten at THREE whole places. My opinion is above ALL ELSE. neck yourself.

In-N-Out's way less good-looking cousin

is In-N-Out really that good?

Oh yeah. Really nothing like five guys, since it doesn't put your blood pressure through the roof, but it works great as a meal with a shake. Great shakes.

Three locations is enough to verify that it isn't just one location making the shitty fries. It's all of them.

Your fraifu a shit

Definitely good for the price. Remember it is fast food but it's basically like what fast food was like years ago. It's basically the ideal version of McDonald's.

I've only lived in Socal for 3 years, grew up on the East Coast and thought it was overhyped, it really isn't. There aren't any gimmicks or anything, the ingredients are just really fresh and the buns are probably the best in all of fast food.

I quite enjoyed it.
But as everyone said - pricy.

it's ok, way over priced, not as good as in and out.

In and Out shits all of 5 guys. Period.
Sincerly Everyone with any kind of taste

Me once shagged me Julie in the batty at 5 guys. Well worth the dirt in me bell end for em freshies chips

So this thread had me thinking bout when I worked at 5 guys sr yr of high school. My 5 guys had just opened up and it was all white 16-18 yr olds from my high school. We all were friends or became close, and we kept up great quality for a whole year. Even when 4-5 of my class mates quit and Camden nig nogs were hired we didn't let them stop us from keeping quality (maintaining the frialator, cleaning the oil, really cleaning the flat tops, never cross contaminating any surfaces or using old toppings/veggies etc). And our managers responded by letting the staff eat like Kings.

Well tonight I got so drunk with my friend, and well 3-4 blunts later we finished a total drunken sailor hike across the suburbs to 5 guys.

I got a triple w/
Bacon
Extra cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Fried onions
Jalapenos
Mushrooms
Ketchup
Mayo
Tabasco
and a side of large Cajun fries with heavy Cajun seasoning. Half order eaten with ketchup or plain, the other half dressed with malt vinegar.

Wow. I wasn't too drunk to not enjoy it, actually I really had acute perception of each ingredient. The vinegar in the hot sauce, ketchup, and malt vinegar really cut through the fatty flavors of the beef, cheese, mushrooms, and layers well with the mayo.

I refilled my drink 3-4 times mixing gold peak green tea with a shot of water to dilute the sugar, as the tap version of gold peak is always a tad too sweet, and i squeezed 2 lemons into the cup before filling . It was really a great pallet cleanser in between the heavily spiced extra Cajun fries, and mile high burger.

Veeky Forums is for cooking you stupid idiot

Automatic fail for American cheese. Which is too bad, because otherwise they make a good burger.

>Veeky Forums - Food & Cooking

Most overrated garbage I've ever eaten.

Fatburger is the same price but 1000 times better.

food is why all these shitty shills are coming here
and what about all the beverages?

cringe

Today at McDonalds I got a

McChicken
McDouble
Cheeseburger
Large Soda

for under $5. Including tax.

The price isn't comparable at all, at least where I live.

pretty good, a tad on the expensive side.

it's a meme

Still better than go"" za'" threads 3 times per hour

I live in the woods and I have never even seen a 5 guys place but if I ever did and they called it 5 guys and there were only 4 I think I would complain.

no fries? what are you, a faggot?

I think was comparing a single patty and fries from 5 guys to like a value meal.

Of course, he forgot McDonald's includes the drink in the meal, and a single is a Jr size, because there's no way he can think a double with bacon + fries and no drink is anywhere close to the price of a Quarter pounder (add bacon) meal.

It's all a matter of taste and class, really. Zoe Quinn's boyfriend just wanted some IN-n-Out, but she preferred 5 Guys...

but accurate

It's not. Don't fall for the memes.

In n out > whataburger > shoeshack

Best place to get a quick burger if you're upper middle class

The toppings are free at every location

I've only had them once.
Burger was undercooked, bun was greasy, fries were borderline burnt, and it took two times going to the fucking counter to get a bacon burger done right, and that ended up being the undercooked mess. Meal for me and my mom ended up being $30. Thirty dollars for all of that.

I won't judge it by that single time but I'm not keen on trying it again. Maybe if I had nothing better to get.