Does McDonalds deserve the poor reputation it has?

Does McDonalds deserve the poor reputation it has?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p8VBYnByPds
youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

yes, it's horrible food and as a company it cripples the lower classes

Why wouldn't it?

Of course not.

They are a great company that serve decent food at a reasonable price and employ millions of people.

>it cripples the lower classes
lol

are you european? It's very bad in america, so much obesity

I eat at McDonalds once every few weeks. Have done so most of my life. American staple.

Yes. Their "food" should not be considered food.

This.

You forgot to spell it "Yuropean" to look like a edgemaster who just ate his first hank hill grade steak.

No. I feel like it's a magnet for poor reputation and simply takes too much when it should be spread around most other fast food places.

As a former McCuck slave and possibly also soon to return to that drivel. Yes. It deserves all its bad press.

>poor reputation

Wtf it's delicious

I'm lovin you guys

Three McDonalds Cheeseburgers

it isn't even cheap anymore.

This is why I voted for Bernie

>The shittiest fucking food in fast food, doesn't even taste good to compensate for its low quality
>Isn't unique in the slightest, Wendy's is just a better version
>One of the worst employers around. The company structure is fine but managers have zero incentive to give a fuck or not be the worst bosses in America. No quality control in who runs them.
>Allowed themselves to stagnate and lose business

They deserve to fail.

In the 80's it was on it's prime, it was like going to a real restaurant, having the same standards for different locations was a good idea, but now, the food is expensive and unfulfilling.

Breakfast is great. Rest is absolute trash.

>McDonalds
>Expensive

What

The "one euro cheese burgers". So much unsaturated fat and fast carbohydrates to create that lovely "carb-high" and just enough greens to trick to body thinking it's actually having something nourishing.

I coulld eat like ten on one sitting.

I'd say that's a pretty good assessment. They're the go-to for derision because, if fast food was a Navy, they'd be the flagship. Like when everyone was looking for something to blame Columbine on, the people trying to blame it on music that scares parents went with Marilyn Manson. I don't think the shooters even listened to him (I think they were more into industrial music), he just happened to be more well-known.

Like Morgan Spurlock mentioned in Super-Size Me, he could have made the point with any fast food chain. It's just that McD's success makes it THE fast food corp. in a lot of people's minds.

You pay 1 dollar for a burger and you get a 1 dollar burger.

I think their problem is only in USA. Every McDonald's I've tried in Europe has been fine and some even delicious. There are a lot less food regulations in USA so perhaps they have to settle for poor quality goods.

If your business is liked by a lot of people, it will never be loved by a lot of people.

Who are you quoting?

>There are a lot less food regulations in USA
Eh, no.

the fda is political garbage. you get food banned because "it's gross" but it's ok to sell poison if it reduce the cost by 3cent and is produced in the USA

>1 euro
I wish. They cost 1.40 now and a mcdouble cost 2.40.

Incorrect, kid.

Those tiny cheeseburgers are 300 calories, and the artisan grilled chicken sandwich is 380 calories. The QP is 540 calories. People just need to make better choices.

McDonald's has the food science thing down. It's why I like them. The grilled chicken is juicy and filling. That weekly craving for a burger is now a craving for a chicken sandwich. Chick-fil-a's grilled chicken sandwich is good, but I think McDonald's might actually be better.

I know a lot of people ready to eat lab-grown meat, but think the chicken at McDonald's is some Frankenstein crime against humanity. I don't get it. The meat shreds into fibers like real chicken, which is providential, because (spoiler alert) it's real chicken. And other than the "Natural Flavors" all the ingredients can be found in a store or online.

What poor reputation? The fact that they make food stuffed with unnecessary fats and sugars? that everything is bare minimum effort, fast and cheap? What the fuck of course it deserves that reputation.

I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?

Been awhile since I've seen this one.

mcd food is great, sure it is pricey compared to store brand foods and staples, but you get high quality and tasty and good looking and nutritious food there, and it is not even prohibitively expensive like apple mac comuters for example

Huh?

>high quality
>nutritious

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA i used to work there and this is the funniest post ive ever seen

Absolutely. They attracted a skeptical middle class by equating their modern and hygienic set up with wholesomeness. The middle class bought the idea until they got fat, then realized this was exactly the kind of food they shouldn't be shoveling into their fat faces. McD's then used the power of their brand behind the Value Menu to court the poor, portraying their product as an affordable luxury. It worked, especially because when the poor got fat they blamed it on genetics.

It was brilliant business, and really only started falling apart recently in the domestic market. But it's some ugly shit, as awful as the food they sell.

it is extremely nutritious compared to staples' office products and apple mac computers for instance

McDonalds is literally the "world's" cafeteria at this point.

It's even worse in other countries, Mexico for example is infamous for their abysmal quality.

yeah, no it isn't. sure it's shit (because its shit everywhere) but Mexico isn't "infamous" for it.

eh, yes.

you cunts still allow GMO's and trans fat.

kek

says who, you? because of Veeky Forums memes?

get fucked argie.

Yeah, they are. Mexico is officially fatter than the US and it isn't because Americans slimmed down.

no, they aren't. show me anything that slams Mcdonalds because its Mexican.

also, look again. Americans are the fattest once again. look at the most recent reports of it. not 2013

It does. It is not a good value yet manages to taste the worst by ANY standard while being unhealthy. It is not even particularly fast anymore.

If it was a business started today it would fail within 3 years. It is only coasting on previous success.

As an employee, yes.

Completely.

"Super size me" top kek
I love fanatics like Muslims and vegetarians, they make my life much more fun

i just ate a southwest chicken salad from there and it was fucken awesome. they charged me 2.40 for extra chicken so the total was like 8 bucks but im sure it would be good without double

McDonalds was only tolerable when it was actually cheaper than every fast food place. Now it's legitimately one of the most expensive.

I think part of the reason is that other fast food restaurants have loss leaders that actually influence people to occasionally buy a more expensive item. Like if I'm at a Wendy's intent on buying a $4 for 4 thing or whatever occasionally I wind up with a spicy chicken sandwich meal or whatever burger special thing they have going on for around 8 dollars. If I'm at Burger King maybe I want a whopper with cheese instead of 10 nuggets.

I actually don't dislike McDonalds, sometimes they get it right but I'm not going to spend 8 dollars on a double quarter pounder that may taste like the color gray it looks like. I'd rather take my chances with a mcdouble that has what appears to be a sliver of cheese, one piece of onion and one pickle and one squirt of ketchup and mustard

It seems like other places put more pride into their value menu items so people will actually order the better shit. Why should I trust someone who can't make a dollar burger to make an 8 dollar one?

Burger King is still garbage but they're FAR cheaper than Mcdonalds now so it makes up for the difference IMO.

With fast casual becoming a thing I think all of them are going wayside. Wendy's seems to be the most future proof.

why the fuck did I spend that long talking about fast food

>gmo's are bad

Ok, I think it's past your bedtime, kid.

no one forces the "lower classes" to eat it... it's not even cheap considering what it is.

I know people from the lower classes who have 3 kids and travel 2 hours to a minimum wage job

eating fast food is cheaper than cooking a meal and waking up an hour late because the risotto wasn't perfect and getting fired. some people need the most bland and stereotypical lives to survive.

Time was not wasted user, I agree.

Every other fast food restaurant uses a loss leader and it works: It causes me to at least register the restaurant on my radar if I am hungry and need a fast bite. Both Wendys and BK have their perks. But Mcdonalds does not have any loss leaders and their food manages to taste worst.

I have not ate once at a McDonalds on my own in 25 years unless either my gf wants it or I have a gift card from a clueless relative. Even then I have never felt any degree of satisfaction from it.

This, but within limits.

A true poor person eats from the value menu. Which often means a ~1.50 burger and if indulging a ~1.50 fries. No drink, no large portions of anything.

Stupid people will eat at fast food while ordering a ~6-8 dollar "value" meal

McDonalds uses Bee anus to make a red powder for the chicken nuggets.

The claimed the were going to stop doing it in the early 2000s, but some reports say that they are still using it.

>McDouble is now $1.69
yes, yes it does

>people bothered that a $1 burger isn't high quality food

>How dare people have a low opinion of cheap shitty food

What the hell kind of logic is this

Don't let the fucking advertisements in the front page
don't reply

Maybe she was flirting with you, asshole

>complain about this offhandedly when talking to friend of a friend
>uh NO user it's called the DOLLAR menu, why would it cost MORE??? guh
When I tried to explain he got even more mad and more dismissive. People really can't talk about anything but themselves, can they? And this was from a person who actually eats fast food.

Something similar happened when I tried to explain the difference between the McDouble and the Double Cheeseburger, and why the price difference is fucking horseshit. Apparently they are the same thing because they sound similar, and thus they cannot have a price difference.

I know that makes me sound a little autistic but it was definitely on-topic at the time, and no I don't eat at McDonalds more than like once per year.

Yes. But every once in awhile I get to chasing the yellow dragon and have to have a big Mac meal.

lol, you think Mcdons is cheap, don't you?

Not at all. It's a mediocre burger at a mediocre price. People know what they're getting.

Nope. Really great value as long as you stick to the dollar menu.

>so much obesity
>mcdonald's forced me to buy that super sized soda and french fries, and to drown it all in sugary ketchup
if people knew how to eat properly, it wouldn't be an issue. they don't realize getting a second sandwich and small fry or salad would be better, they probably think just getting a second sandwich will make them fat. so they get more fries and soda.

>Like Morgan Spurlock mentioned in Super-Size Me
i tried watching that and got so annoyed. he drank a ton of soda and then vomited, intentionally or not, but that was still stupid.

>mcdonald's is so bad it made me eat until i threw up!
if everyone eating mcdonald's was throwing up halfway through the meal they would not stay in business.

If anyone has a problem with McDonalds they should have an equally problem with any and all other massive fast food chains, since it's the same shit and the same practices at all of them
>BK
>taco bell
>arbys
>hardees/carls jr
>kfc
>all pizza chains

>taco bell
>that slow reduction in size and ingredients in the five dollar box
>that slow climb in price
>after a couple of years the flagship item for the box has been reduced to nothing but tortilla strips in cheese sauce
They slowly isolated their market's favorite ingredients and removed everything else. The portion size is now about half of what it was in the original box and it costs like $7.

I used to like very occasionally going to Taco Bell because nothing tastes quite like it, but holy fuck have they ruined that for me. I won't do business with them anymore.

That looks fucking terrible.
EQG? Really?

Mcdonalds burgers are garbage. They don't even add enough artificial flavoring to cover up the ground up cow brains and testicle taste. They counteracted that by adding "deluxe" burgers that are at least moderately tolerable, except they charge more than sit down restaraunts for it so what's the point?

At least their chicken sandwiches are edible. 3 mcchickens for 3 bucks is still a decent value and doesn't make me want to kill myself. when literally nothing else is an option.

youtu.be/p8VBYnByPds

there is none of that in there. Plus the blonde guy in the beginning is the example of the perfect male human and what the world should strive for.

>no hooves

the epitome "ignorant austrailian shitposter" post

who cares, she's a smoker, disgusting af

Buffalo ranch McChickens are GOAT

That looks kinda gross

youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s

What is this image?

why didn't she just wish for a happy meal

The funny thing is that despite a horrible reputation, it's still successful as fuck. You can't argue good taste.

If everyone hates it, how are they still alive and well?

b-but I have!
as you said: same shit...

>when the chickenburger was 1€
I shouldn't miss it, but I do

It's OK, but it's gotten more expensive to the point where it's better to go somewhere else. A meal is $9, a local place with larger more flavorful dishes is usually ~$11.

Me.

the idea of globalization has turned the company's image from a humble American restaurant with a ton of locations into a dystopian empire that peddles terrible food around the globe.

the calorie count is both a good and a bad thing because people are always going to find value in products and McDonalds does really well with their dollar menu. However their main menu is too expensive for what is offered and the quality of their food is questionable at best.

I think Super Size Me really fucked their image over and their advertising team is retarded to listen to the type of people who never go to McDonalds in the first place. The only time you would want to go to McDonalds is if you're in a hurry, or if your a fat/poor fuck that gets a craving for their very distinct products.

I remember being in college and the two fucking things liberal arts majors would always bitch about (aka "analyzing") was how shitty McDonalds and Disney were. As if nothing else in the world was as terrible as being lied to with false princess stories and being feed meat with filler in it.

I would like to second this notion.

I'm only working part time to have some savings making my way through college.

>nothing tastes quite like it
how right you are

Yeah don't take any responsibility for being fat fucks

eat a salad fatty

The super size me guy pissed me off so much. HURRDURR I'LL EAT ONLY MCDONALDS FOR TWO WEEKS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS OOHH NOO I FEEL AWFUL

If I ate nothing for but pizza for two weeks straight i'd feel like shit too. It was the dumbest fucking thing.

exactly. Manlet eats his gf "vegan chef" food for 24 months, makes himself ill and weak doing it, and the eats Maccas for 14 days at the end and blames it on that!