What are some easy to make dishes using Cabbage...

what are some easy to make dishes using Cabbage? my neighbor gave me a whopping 20 kilos of Cabbage because of his massive harvest and wanted to thank me for giving him cigars everyday
i can't really get access to chicken or other kind of meats since my sister is vegan and will always bitch about any kind of meat being served in my house

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=95rKK9N3WvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cabbage rolls, cole slaw

You make a million kinds of slaws and shit like a champ for-ev-er

ola este es el mejor postre su nonbre es piceron echo en lima peru siiiii

>i can't really get access to chicken or other kind of meats

Then either make cole slaw or throw it out, faggot

Make some sauerkraut mang.

Peanut butter and cabbage sandwich.

Just kraut that shit, then jar it.

Alternately, fuck your sister and make some meat-stuffed cabbage. I stuff mine with what's basically a sausage stuffing (pork mince, salt, caramelised onions and mushrooms, a bit of strained cultured cream, dill, albumens and food starch). I use only the largest, greenest outer leaves for this.

Steam the leaves until they're soft and pliable.
Allow them to cool.
Remove the tougher stem ends and chop them up; split the remaining leaves in half.
Add a sausage shaped quantity of the meat mixture to a leaf-half.
Top with some chopped stem.
Roll up into a sausage shape and set aside.
Repeat.
When all done, put them all into a steamer tray and steam until cooked through. Alternately, cook in hob-safe baking pan, then make a gravy in the pan and finish the lot in the oven.
I like to steam them because it's less mess and I like to freeze them, thaw them out and make a fresh gravy to eat them with when I have them.

Another option is cabbage risotto-alike. It's not quite the creamy risotto best known abroad, but it's also not quite paella or pilaf or any other rice dish. Basically, shred up some cabbage, caramelise it in olive oil with garlic and a crushed tomato or two, add rice, brown the rice in the oil a bit then, finally, top off with veg stock and bits of hard, old, otherwise inedible cheese. Parmigiano rinds are ideal.
Allow to cook, either on the hob or in the oven (covered) until the rice is done, then serve, topped with additional cheese.

Slaw/salads are nice.
Cabbage cakes are, too. To make them, just caramelise some cabbage, onions and carrots then allow to cool. Add freshly powdered caraway and snipped chive then add just enough egg, self-raising flour, salt and milk to make a stiff batter with these veg ingredients in them.
Cook in plenty of oil by the ladle-full and consume. Alternately, the mixture can be dropped as quenelles into simmering stock/broth for dumplings.

>this is not a joke.jpg
Does that shit actually taste good? Why is the cabbage slice so thick?

>Does that shit actually taste good
If you are a fan of celery + peanut butter, it's like that except better texture and flavor and less of that watery stringy celery mess.
>Why is the cabbage slice so thick
I don't normally make mine so thick. I do like half that thickness..

slaws

saurkraut

boiled dinner (corned beef brisket, potato and cabbage boiled/steamed together)

okonomoyaki

Roast it with other veggies

I made some sauerkraut for the first time today and I put it in this type of jar and latched the lid with the rubber gasket removed, will that allow proper fermentation?

Jeez, you wimp. Man up, let the sis bitch all she want, what can she do?

Quarter it, slather with butter, salt and pepper, wrap in aluminum foil and throw it on the grill until it's charred a bit on the outside.

>If you are a fan of celery + peanut butter
You say it as if anyone in the world is a fan of such combination

you're entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend like your opinion is a popular one

Fry that shit up with some Kielbasa. Fucking delicious.

if you're having stomach ulcers/other issues the juice is supposed to help

sauerkraut is a great idea. Health nuts like it as well because of them probiotics.

You should just kill yourself right now, m8

>in my house
Why haven't you told the bitch to get out if she is impacting your diet that much? How much of a beta are you?

Possible.
1. If by removing the gasket you think it will allow airflow without allowing insects/etc. in, go for it. Otherwise just go buy some cheese cloth and cover it with that.
2. Make sure all the cabbage remains covered in the liquid. Weigh it down if you have to using something heavy like a large rock inside the jar.

After a few days you should be able to move it to fridge and keep for a few months.

C-can I have some cigars too senpai?

>i can't really get access to chicken or other kind of meats since my sister is vegan and will always bitch about any kind of meat being served in my house

Stop being a faggot.

Is that a movie prop newspaper? Where do you buy those? That alien writing is so cool.

Punish her. Make 20 kilos of kimchi in the house.

eat that shit raw, you little bitch

quiet

your sister is right, tell her that and thank her

Go back to tumblr.

>rare quality posting

Ooh baby your sister is gonna be farting out of her ass a lot when she eats all this cabnage

youtube.com/watch?v=95rKK9N3WvI

just use soy meats user. I've stopped eating ground beef along time ago cause those veggie crumbles taste just as good imo.

2/10

This is my favorite dish. Basically cabbage and flour, mix in whatever else you like. I usually put in some carrots, bacon, and shrimp. Soooo delicious senpai.

I've literally never heard of that combination before. Is it actually a thing? Where?

Stir fry with onion, ginger, garlic and maybe some bean sprouts. Toss in cooked, rinsed noodles and soy sauce.

Braise in olive oil, onion, garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper.

Cabbage

Heat peanut oil in pan. Add whole cumin and mustard seeds. When mustard seeds pop add sliced cabbage and cubed potatoes. Fry. Add chopped ginger, turmeric, salt and hot pepper powder. Add just enough water to cover the potatoes, lower heat and simmer uncovered until potatoes are cooked and water s almost gone. Serve with Basmati rice and a dal.

>she is right
About how to be the most difficult and boring human being on planet?
user needs to stop being so beta.

Those aren't "whole peppers," user. Those are "whole pepperCORNS."
Peppercorns ≠ peppers.

It's a common party food and children snacks. Plus or minus some raisins.

KRAUT

Why the fuck are you letting your sister dictate what you eat? Are you a fucking cuck?

Here, I'll give you the national recipe of my people. This is what true slav warriors eat. You eat this to become a proper man who doesn't let a woman run his household.

Get a nice big piece of pork meat(usually neck or belly), score it, season with salt, pepper, whole cumin, crushed garlic and paprika powder. Drizzle with oil, put it in the oven and bake it covered for like an hour(not sure about the timing). Pour some water on the bottom and finish up the last 10 minutes of baking uncovered.

Cut the cabbage into slices, put in a pot, add whole cumin, salt and cook that shit until it releases liquid then turn it on low and cook covered until soft.

You make a steamed dumpling bread kind of thing to go along with it. You need 20g of fresh yeast(not sure how it converts to dry, google it), dissolve it in 250 milliliters of lukewarm milk or water(you can also use a half and half mix) and a teaspoon of sugar. Let it sit for couple of minutes until it starts rising if it's in milk or bubbling if it's in water. Mix it into 500 grams of flour along with 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of oil(whatever kind you have on you) and make a dough. Then cover and let it rise until it's doubled in size. Split into 2 loafs, let sit for 10 more minutes then you steam each loaf for 20 minutes.

You serve it like pic related(this is with pork belly and red cabbage but white works just as well). Drizzle the dumpling with the juice from the meat. You can serve without the meat for your asshole sister. After dinner you can fuck the veganism out of her with your new-found slav strength. Next time she's going to be the one cooking this dish for you, as is proper.

>dat knedlíky
Czech detected. Are you Czech? You are, aren't you?

If I'm right, and is Czech, then he means caraway when he says cumin.

This guy is right, it's caraway, google translate failed me. I bring shame to my family.

My english sucks. No bully pls :(

>44 freedoms of cabbage

This is one of the few times I would actually advocate juicing. Otherwise good luck using 1-2 lbs at a time in a few dozen recipes.

good one, not op
was about to say grill
other one is stuffed cabbage rolls with cabbage
and rice

also very watery style risotto and with no butter or parmesan and rice type standard american

Prassorizo was here,

all other -riza suck ass.

Quarter it
put in bowl with some butter and garlic
microwave

delicious and fucking easy

yeah prasoryzo, rice with leek is very nice but rice with cabbage is also very nice
spanakoryzo the rice with spinach. lemon and dill sometimes is also nice

>bitch about any kind of meat being served in my house
>my house
dude, if it's your house then tell her to shut the fuck up or get out

Yeah I was joking. Lahanorizo is amazing with feta and chili/paprika powder try it next time. I like spanakoryzo but with extra tomato in the sauce. I like the plain version but I get bored of it more easily. I prefer pic-related

Im not used to tomato sauce inside, also i'm not used to tomato inside lentil soup..
Leek pie.. Miss it so much

Holy fuck, I wish you hadn't reminded me of that. I used to have it for lunch all the time in my old job. I like the Fylo in my pies to be a bit more "horiatiko" style. It's crunchier and thicker, like pic-related.

What do you put in the eat lentil soup without tomato?

A extremely simple way to eat cabbage is with this Vietnamese recipe:

1. Boil an egg plus any amount of cabbage you want to eat it with.

2. Mash about half a egg in a bowl with fish sauce. If it's too salty, then add more egg.

3. Dip or pour on cabbage and eat.

My family does this all the time whenever we have too much cabbage.

garlic, tons of onion, lentils, olive oil, bay leaf, salt

nice, not OP

lightly fry with some garlic and soy

Oh, that looks exactly like in my house. Are you sure there's no tomato paste in that? That colour is quite red.

It does, tried to find no tomato paste ones but most do it with

Very common in america,

often with a few raisins, called "ants on a log" or some other stupid name.

OP here, tried some slaws and good god they're awesome
gonna make some krauts tonight and probably stir fry some with frozen veggies and move on to more complicated dishes later

also i don't mind about my sister's preference because we have sex several times a week so i'm cool with it