How do you like and make your tea Veeky Forums?

Do you just buy bags of it from the store or make your own? What kinds? What do you mix with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBRaOSkoIOg
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8324436#p8325128
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Twinings earl grey teabags, milk and 4 sugars. yum.

PG tips milk 2 sugars

PG tips?

Ye

What are those?

Google it my man

Good point. Sounds nice.

5 teabags orange pekoe/black
Torn open, put in coffee filter, add water, put in coffee maker, press button
Sugar/ice

In Korea some cafes in Seoul charge 6000원 ($6 United States USD Dollars) for a cup of water with a teabag in.

And people buy it.

Holy shit why?

Because you're paying for the table, not for the tea.

It's like when idiots go to a bar and complain they can get a can of beer for 1/3 the price at the bodega. Yeah, go do so - the bodega doesn't have a big area to drink in, people to socialize with, and music to dance to. All of which takes money to provide.

No you're not, in Korea you can go in a cafe and sit for free

They order the tea takeout famalam

Then why do you still need to tip both the bartender and the server?
Why isn't their wage covered by the goods on offer?

This ain't China you fucking pinko

It's not

idiot

Actually been using a coffee maker lately to brew tea. Just lining two bags together with the dripper.
Works fine, but I can't drink tea often without sugar. I mean it has to be some pretty damn good tea (of any kind really) for me to drink it straight.
>and I prefer bags over Arizona or store bought
>herbal remedies and supplements ftw
>green tea with weed, lemon, and vodka
Just go crazy - try anything

Wish it were...

Ba.....Baka

this thread disgusts me
>tea bags
>TEA BAGS
If you want to be a cheap/lazy fuck go put lawn shavings in hot water and call that tea.
The only way to make decent tea is with loose leaf with proper tempurature control and steep time.

I agree with what you're saying, but holy shit are you an elitist.

>good point
don't you mean tip?

Huh?

Straight black tea during winter.
During summer I usually make lemon iced tea: 1l of english breakfast tea, juice of 2 lemons, 100g sugar (or sweetener) and 500g of ice. Either that or Thai iced tea with milk

Bags are shit. Buy lose tea, it's a world of difference.

Usually the stuff in bags is ground up almost as fine as coffee.
It worsens the taste and you can't tell what stuff they put in there and you can't confirm the quality of the leaves.
Even if it has bigger leaves, they can't really open up as well within that bag.

Lose tea has bigger leaves, allows space for the leaves to open up and it's easier to confirm the quality when buying.

Anyway, if absolutely have to use bags here are some tips:
- Make sure it looks like actual leaves, not ground up shit.
- Avoid paper bags. It messes with the taste, the bag kinda sticks together keeping your tea as a solid clump. cloth isn't bad but synthetic is actually still the best.
- Pyramid bags >>>>>>>>>> oldschool bags/"pad" type bags. For the same reason as above really.

Pic related is what actual earl gray looks like.

what water does Veeky Forums use for tea preparation?

a mug and a kettle.
Anyone else using anything different is just a try hard faggot.

>Pyramid bags >>>>>>>>>> oldschool bags/"pad" type bags. For the same reason as above really.

Annnnnnd your post is disregarded. They did scientific studies about this and there is LITERALLY not difference between the bags

The same tea would taste the same when brewed with either the pyramid or normal teabag.

But, when you look at what's actually sold in stores, the "tradidional" bags tend to be lower-price brands, whereas the higher quality stuff is sold in pyramid bags. So choosing the pyramid bag ends up getting you different tea inside it (most of the time; of course there are exceptions)

So my PG Tips ARE good

Fuck you

Should I brew my needle white tea in a cast iron pot, or a glass mug?

I'm doing it "gong fu" style, 5g/85ml.

I thought gong fu style used a gaiwan?

You must be incredibly plebeian if that passed your threshold for pretensions.

>glorified small lidded-mug
I can filter leaves with my own lids/strainers.

>Should I brew my needle white tea in a cast iron pot, or a glass mug?
Said no straight man ever

>I can filter leaves with my own lids/strainers.

I get that, but I thought the whole point of the term "gong fu" style meant that you were using a gaiwan? Or am I a retard that doesn't know what he's talking about?

Tea is for faggots and hipsters. Real men drink coffee or beer in the morning.

french press or just a infuser cup that goes inside your teacup

I import oolong from taiwan and some seasonal green teas directly from japan and brew it myself. Teabags taste too much like shit and loose leaf tea you can buy where I live is never fresh.

it just means high grams to low millilitres

good tea is like good whine.

Straight men have been drinking tea for millennia before "homosexuals" were even a thing.

Both are for women and faggots?

Why do people think working class male culture is synonymous with masculinity? It's the closest thing to an equivalent of the idiocy of mainstream femininity. It is basically the same thing in that low class males have no culture of their own so they need to get inspiration from their biology itself. Males who aren't economically or culturally challenged would just pursue the endless interesting things (like good wine or tea) in the world and it would not even cross their minds that they have to prove their masculinity, passion for culture is assurance in itself.

Don't use beer and coffee as a crutch in the same way a woman uses cocktails and mixers.

limp wristed faggot detected

There is only one tea worth drinking, and that's Yorkshire Tea

pleb detected

>Why do people think working class male culture is synonymous with masculinity

Probably because working class males make a big show of bravado and "acting manly".

I already got to why that is latter in the same post. Ironically its more of a womanly thing to parade your gender.

It's a lot more womanly to act like a woman.
But already seem to know all about that.

>incoherent phrasing
Pleb, pleb, pleb...

>They did scientific studies about this and there is LITERALLY not difference between the bags
>Scientific studies
>on taste
They call that a blind taste test you moron.

Anyway source would be appreciated.

Underrated post.

Now I want a teapot with a dragon head for a spout.

Some chinks who work in a factory gave me a kilo of some chink green tea in loose leaves. I assume this is supposed to be the "good stuff" it comes in miniature gold packets and just stuffed into a giant plastic bag... I have enough to last me months.

Well, I decided to try this stuff and and guess what? The stuff tasted like COW SHIT! No one in my house has touched this junk because the god damn tea tastes like some kind of animal squanched over it and let out a fat turd on it!!

What. The. FUCK!

Fucken chinks >;(

>>>/diy.

youtube.com/watch?v=QBRaOSkoIOg

Done fucked it all up.
.../diy/

No, they did a test on the infusion concentration from brewing, with led to zero difference

Iced

Can't seem to find any quality, so I dip the bag in the hot water about 5 times, take it out, and drink up. Lousy tea tastes better when it isn't as strong.

Usually, I drink green tea, osmanthus flavoured is my favourite one.
The best-bagged tea out there is hands down, Yorkshire tea.
Since I'm from Hong Kong, a splash of evaporated milk and sugar makes a world of difference than just milk and sugar.

Just sat down with my little pot of golden tipped assam. It's my go-to morning tea. This is my second pot so far today.

if black
1 bag
small dash of sugar
small splash of lemon juice
served hot or cold

if green
just a dash of sugar and preferably hot>cold

Could be pu'erh

TIL people put sugar in tea

I buy bags from the store because it's cheap as fuck. With fruity teas I usually add some honey, green tea with lemon, and black tea I normally just have by itself or with milk. Definitely honey over sugar though in all cases.

Never seen loose-leaf pu'erh before

Earl grey with milk and lavender is god-tier

Loose tea and pure honey (makes a difference, dont buy the diluted shit)

At work we've got a water boiler that keeps water "hot" (not boiling hot, but more like 180 or so), so with that I brew up some greens and raw pu er that handles lower temps well. Sometimes oolongs.

At home I drink ripe or raw pu er, oolong, and all sorts - not a fan of black tea though.

Transitioning away from flavored teas lately, don't really like them except for a few favorites and "plain" teas of good quality outshine them by a mile.

Anyone have a loose black tea and green tea they'd recommend? I've been meaning to get into tea for like a year but never found a consensus

Honestly, you're gonna get what you pay for. Cheap shit is gonna taste cheap, expensive stuff is gonna taste better. I suggest going to an Asian market because the teas there are both affordable and not totally ruined for a market of boring ass white people. Try genmaicha if you can find it, it's my favorite green

the people who delude themselves into thinking they like tea when they only drink absolutely disgusting bagged tea are the real elitists

I fucking love that shit. Smells like fish but makes a dark red almost black elixir. Fucking i'm going to make some now.

>How do you like and make your tea

Trust me, mine is better

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8324436#p8325128

Clean, cold water, just as I would to make coffee.

Usually heated up with a kettle and a tea mug, but there are also nice porcelain tea cups in the cabinet if I feel like using one.

Yogi Snack Tea.
Two sugars, dash of milk.

1 Dandelion Root Tea Bag
1 Rooibos Tea Bag
Agave Nectar
7 oz hot water

Combine water with agave nectar to taste (doesn't take much), stir until dissolved, then steep both tea bags, frequently moving the bags around to help it steep. Good tasting warm or cold, good for the liver and skin.

If you're into spirituality or occult things, dandelion tea is supposed to strengthen latent psychic ability.

Pic related is also a pretty tasty tea

Guys am I allowed to mix different teas

Well it's not against the law right?

Even factory floor sweepings taste good when it's sencha!

When I was first introduced to tea, I was mostly into blends involving fruit or other flavorings.

Now I almost universally prefer plain teas, and primarily green.

Green jasmine and dragonwell are my favorites. I also really like milk oolong.

In winter I certainly enjoy some strong black tea or chai with milk and possibly honey depending on the variety.

Does anyone remember the tea guy from /jp/?

Eh, I've had a couple decent bagged teas. Harney & Sons' English Break keemun in bags is surprisingly good. Its quality struck me because I had drunk a cup of Twinings bagged Assam just a couple hours earlier, and the H&S managed to approximate quality loose leaf tea in comparison, while the Twinings just tasted like hot bitter/malty water.

Loose leaf is much better and reliable in general, but of course not 100% of bags are shit.

I do loose leaf. I prefer oolong. Only variety I don't like is pu-erh and those teas that taste like licking cedar.

The pu-erh might have been cheap. It tastes like fish.

I find the Twining pyramid bagged premium tea to be pretty good for a bagged tea.

Have you had lapsang souchong?

Yes, actually.

>lapsang souchong
Yes. I tried it cold and that was an awful idea.

kek, this thread inspired me to brew some up.

I haven't had it for a while, shit smells like a city block burned down.

No cornflowers?

Low quality shit.

'cago style water for me.

>It tastes like fish.
That's poor quality pu-erh.
You might be able to salvage it by rinsing the leaves before using them (or just throwing away the first steep).

Can you tell me the tale of Tea Guy user?

what vendor do you buy golden-tipped Assam from?

lmfao

I fucking hate cold tea in general

In the morning, I enjoy loose leaf Earl Grey or Darjeeling. For an afternoon tea break, Jasmine Chinese Tea is god tier. If there's a good dessert I tend to prefer coffee though.

Anyone else do tea lattes?

I don't do it often, but on really cold winter days I love doing a London Fog

Yep, pretty good sometimes.

Hi.

He is me. I used to post tea threads on /jp/ before the board melted down and became uninhabitable.

I noticed that there were Veeky Forums threads about tea a lot lately and was wondering if I should tell Veeky Forums about what I'm doing. I've been involved with the tea industry for a few years now and I'm making plans for a website.