Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=fasting trials
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get some exercise you unhealthy fuck.

im not fat im a skelly but i only eat once a day and am asking if this is bad

no it's not necessarily bad.

being a skelly is still unhealthy ya spook

>only fat people can be unhealthy

How clueless are you? Pretty clueless seeing as you somehow thought I was saying you were fat when you eat only once a day.

No this is great, keep doing it. The less you eat the longer you'll live.

I'm fat as fuck and only eat once a day.

it's not very healthy.

>not knowing intermittent fasting

Its called intermittent fasting, look it up on google.

It will kill you if you do it for 3 years and one day.

It will mess with your metabolism, especially if you don't eat at the same time every day. As long as you're getting enough calories it doesn't really matter. Don't bother listening to these "intermittent fasting" fags; it's just another unsubstantiated fad diet.

You obviously have a background in dietary science.

Tell me again how I'll die if I don't eat breakfast.

>how I'll die if I don't eat breakfast

Either you responded to the wrong post, are drunk, or serious issues with reading comprehension.

>Don't bother listening to these "intermittent fasting" fags; it's just another unsubstantiated fad diet.

Like I said, you obviously have a background in dietary science, right? I mean, that's how you know IF is unsubstantiated?

Okay, so it's just a lack of reading comprehension.

>reading comprehension

Like being unable to support your statements? Pathetic.

Thera note and more research going into fasting. It is actually quite good for the immune system and can even trigger neurogenesis. Bretty kewl shet. Look up some studies if you have access to an online database.

>You obviously have a background in dietary science.

Nah, I just listen to the people who DO.
Its not been conventional wisdom for 100 years for no reason.

Wrong. His reading ability is fine.
You're just a cunt.

>Its not been conventional wisdom for 100 years for no reason.

Kinda like how bloodletting cures disease, and all sorts of other old wives tales, right?

>Its not been conventional wisdom for 100 years for no reason.

Do you really need an explanation for why that's a really stupid line of reasoning?

Fasting has had lots of studies done, down to comparing 16 to 24 hour fasts over years of practice. Overwhelmingly the evidence has been positive.

Nah, those things died out with modern science.
With the peer review system, a lot of stuff held up and still holds up to this day.

>Do you really need an explanation for why that's a really stupid line of reasoning?

Yes please
Go on and show me a small sample of studies that havent been scrutinized and peer reviewed.

There are literally studies in all fields that contradict each other. This is how modern science works.

It was a marketing thing. That's where the breakfast bs came from. You'll be fine if you skip breakfast. Turns out the human body is not so fragile as to be unable to function without a constant supply of calories. You ever fast for a day? The hunger isn't that bad, and it's actually refreshing to feel hunger pangs. It'll literally shrink your stomach and reduce your appetite when you do eat again. I mean fuck, I lost 100 lbs doing intermittent fasting, only eating from 12 to 6, which amounts to lunch and dinner. Three days with a 500 Cal deficit, one day with a 700 Cal deficit. Worked wonders. Still had energy to be a 3.8 gpa student and lift weights three days a week.

But hey, whatever. You believe what you want to.

see

In my original post I said there's nothing wrong with eating once a day, but not to listen to fad diet idiots because they have no clue what they're talking about and are going to turn something that might not be bad for you into a religion, and you someone turned that into, "skipping breakfast will kill you". That's called a lack of reading comprehension.

>But hey, whatever. You believe what you want to.

I will
My dietitian who has helped me along during a time where I couldnt eat anything but liquid or soft foods for close to 8 months.

Though your anecdotal evidence sure is tempting.

>provide sentence fragment seemingly trying to provide an anecdote along with appeal to authority
>whines about anecdotal evidence

Why are fat American fucks like you always so passive aggressive? You know it is neither smart nor clever right?

>because they have no clue what they're talking about

Again, what the hell is your qualification on the subject?

Oh, right, nothing but old wives' tales. Like the one that skipping breakfast is bad for you.

My anecdotal evidence is based in conventional medicine.
Im not going to listen to some fat faggot who had to lose 100 pounds with a fad diet.

>calling me a fat american fuck

Very clever

>what the hell is your qualification on the subject?

I want to know your qualifications on the subject
When you go against long standing conventional wisdom, the burden of proof is on you.

What evidence do you have to call the default wisdom a wives tale?

I eat twice a day and keep fat intake to a bare minimum.

It's not a fad diet. It's literally just adjusting a plan to your specific needs. Put in some research. "Conventional wisdom" is shit. Especially if it's only "100 years old", according to you. But hey, ignore all I said, and just get defensive. That's you doing you.

That's why you learn to actually read the studies. You look at methodology and sample sizes, and you can weigh the studies merits from there. Go to your local community college library and ask to access the online database. Look up some modern studies for yourself. Sadly most studies aren't public.

lmgtfy.com/?q=fasting trials

I'm not the one presenting my opinion as fact or conventional wisdom, idiot.

It's a fad diet based on the equivalent of old wives' tales, but new shit just made up to sell a fad diet. As the other user said, the burden of proof is on you when you champion something that goes against the way things have pretty much always been done, and what conventional nutritionists recommend.

>My anecdotal evidence is based in conventional medicine.

Yet you're not a doctor or nutritionist, correct?

So basically your argument is "because I say so, even though I have no basis even for my argument from authority".

Thats one way to shift the burden of proof.

One post tells me to google it
The other post tells me that I need to look and dissect all the studies myself. People get heavy educations to scrutinize these studies. Yet people looking for a fad diet can somehow come to a valid conclusion reading these themselves.

>Yet you're not a doctor or nutritionist, correct?

Nah, I just listened to the doctor I was working with.

>my argument from authority".

Also how is it an argument from authority?
I am taking the default, long recommended wisdom
You are the one pretending that reading up on a few trials means you can uproot 100 years of reviewed studies

>Nah, I just listened to the doctor I was working with.
Most doctors are fat pieces of shit, why would you take their advice on nutrition? My cousin is almost done with med school and has gotten like 4 hours of nutritional training

Get the fuck outta here

You keep using the term fad diet like it has any meaning. Hell, even referring to the dirt industry discredits you here. The "secret" to dieting is finding a program that fits your needs, one that you can stick with long term, and make real lasting changes with. One that can be easily adjusted to your goals and desires. Intermittent fasting is pretty great for this. You count calories, you make a meal plan, you stick to it. You learn self control, but don't have to stick to it religiously. You also gain the ability to eyeball the nutrition in food, allowing you to eat at restaurants quite easily.

And holy fuck you don't need to be some grad student or scientific genius to read studies. Basic knowledge of statistics and the scientific "method" (it's not as set in stone as you might think) will allow you to breeze through a twenty page paper.

Did you never have to do this in class? Or for your own enjoyment? What the fuck.

>Also how is it an argument from authority?

Seriously? "My doctor says so", you can't put that together on your own?

What kind of doctor? You know doctors don't have to know about much outside of their specific field, and even then they don't have to keep up with current studies. Some doctors are fantastic about being on the cutting edge, and some get lazy. It's just like teachers/professors. Some of them really know their shit inside and out, others just lecture from the book/slides.

I'm done with you

It's how I lost weight.

You can still have the feeling of gorging yourself and feeling stuffed while staying under your caloric goal for a day.