Is boneless, skinless chicken breast more expensive because white people go crazy over it...

Is boneless, skinless chicken breast more expensive because white people go crazy over it, or do white people go crazy over boneless, skinless chicken breast because it's more expensive?

p.s. sorry about the parsley, I forgot it gives you volcanic liquid shits. Next time I will use iceberg lettuce like you asked

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/07/global-livestock-counts
ansc.purdue.edu/faen/poultry facts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boneless skinless chicken is more expensive because it requires an additional step of labour.

You pay for the convenience over a package of split chicken breasts

Neither, it just happens to be the part of the animal that least reminds them that it's a part of an animal. Whites are very sensitive to suffering, if it's an animal. Just look at Hitler. He was vegan.

But americans kept blacks as slaves for centuries and treated them terribly.

by slavery standards historically, they were treated much better than most

huh? no. Roman for example, treated their slaves way better.

The Arab slave trade was more prevalent, far more brutal, and existed both before and after the participation of the US in the slave trade. Slavery of any kind is abhorrent, of course, US or otherwise.

What about Arabs or other blacks' standards? Or do they not count because it's inconvenient?

They weren't white.

>inconvenient

The user he was replying to gave one example that happened during ancient times(romans), and the other user provided two examples that continued up to modern day(and still continues in africa). He's asking if it's inconvenient to use the more relevant example if it doesn't support his viewpoint.

Not really. While the sugar slaves in Iraq were worked to death, in reality most slaves were treated better. The slave owners of Barbados, who set the bar for US slavery, also took their cues from the Iraq plantations as they were primarily producing sugar cane as well.

user, please learn something about capital gain is right and it's not hard to see.
... this people vote and choose president...

>capital gain
>I have no idea how butchers work
It's the same cost, they weigh it, then if you want, you can have the bone removed. There's no "extra special premium bonus" for asking the butcher to remove the bone. Are you stupid or something? The cost of cutting the meat, the cost of the ingredients, etc, is built into the actual cost of the meat.
>oh hi I'm a butcher, I'm gonna charge you 0.000027 more because this chicken was in the fridge for longer and electricity isn't free, you know!
This is literally your argument

Please go outside some time, Veeky Forums

>labour
You mean labor
Labour is an English political party. Yes, English. There is no more "united kingdom" because Ireland is going to be reunited and Scotland is going to join the EU

Capital gain is the rise of the price of some product for the time that it was expended creating it. The value of the products in the capital system is rule by the time, not by the product itself.
If you have cloth is just raw material but if a worker invest time making a t-shirt the exact same cloth rise it value. It's basc...
This people choose who is going to govern them and dont even know how the world around them works

are you retarded? labour is the british, labor is americanised. the political party is named after the word

>if the chinese pay extra for chicken feet it's because of all that extra work that went into chopping the feet off
>if japanese pay more for tuna belly it's because nobody understands how hard it is to cut tuna meat
>if you don't agree with me it's because you voted for the wrong president

>americanised
Doesn't your browser have a spell check?

You don't seem to understand how it works. People may know or don't how to cut tuna meat. What generates the capital gain is the time invested cuting the tuna. It means that somebody has paid to a worker to cut a lot of tuna for hours. He have to paid insurance, social care, etc to that person.
you can't tell me that i'm wrong, it's just how the system that we live in works... maybe a more correct concept for what i mean is surplus value

>you can't tell me that i'm wrong
Sure I can, because, in fact, you're wrong

Tuna belly is expensive because there's only so much of it to go around

I know you just learned about the concept of "value added" in high school social studies, and you're probably very excited to try and apply it to literally everything under the sun, but it's not a useful concept in all situations

This thread went from Veeky Forums to Veeky Forums to Veeky Forums in 10 posts. Impressive.

It doesent even matter if it's expensive or not. What op asks about is why boneless breast chicken is more expensive? the answer is simple: because somebody added value to it by working separating the meat from the bone. Simple as that.
You can do the same reasoning with the most cheap shit that you can imagine and it's the same.
If you want to understand it fine, good for you because you have learned something new. If you dont i dont fucking care.. It's very simple to understand. have a nice day

Lol how Asian are you?
Great chinglish m80 I r80 8/80

>the answer is simple: because somebody added value to it by working separating the meat from the bone. Simple as that.
Usually when something seems "simple as that", it's a pretty good indication that you missed something obvious

In this case, the fact that it's an endangered species

The cost of labor is absolutely trivial. Scarcity is what drives the cost

When you get to that chapter, I look forward to seeing you try to make "scarcity" explain literally everything under the sun

you wanna spell it with a z? that's an americanisation. or are you complaining about lack of capitalisation?

fuck man... you can have only ONE fish in the whole earth but if you paid to somebody to remove the bones from it it will rise the value of that fucking fish.
Of course that if something is hard to find it will be more expensive, but again, if you have to pay somebody to manufacture that it will rise it value.
you have a whole chicken, with bones skin, etc why is it more expensive with no bones? because of scarcity? or because you paid somebody to remove the bone adding value for the time invested in it?
it's not the fucking cost of labour what im talking about! im talking about the surplus value added by the time expended manufacturing something.
Go chase a giant squid in the middle of the ocean, really hard to get, there is a lot of scarcity if we talk about giant squids and it will be very expensive to buy it all. but if somebody paid to somebody to somebody else to separate the fucking tentacles from its body it will rise it value for that. man its really simple to understand..and if you paid to somebody to cook that tentacles to make a fucking rice it will rise it value again. the same fucking tentacles are more expensive just because somebody work on it. its really simple to understand...

If 98% of the cost is due to scarcity, and 2% is due to "other" (labor, time, shipping, etc), then no matter how much you stamp your feet and go "simple", in the end you've misunderstood the pricing model

>chickens are scarce

I doubt scarcity is the reason chicken breasts are expensive.

There are infinite manchildren and only so many tendies. Until those manchildren develop a taste for thighs, the chicken companies need to figure out how to get rid of the less popular cuts

Supply and demand. Pretty simple if you think about it. If you have any more advanced econ questions please do not hesitate to ask. I have a 146 iq

>chickens are scarce

>the entire chicken is made of tendies
Nigga have you ever seen what a live animal looks like? Not a Pokemon, a bird with blood inside

>chickens are scarce

fuck you are just a plain idiot.
simple question: why is boneless chicken breast more expensive? simple answer: because there is a guy who invest time removing the bones from it.
you are the one that cant understand the point. yes, you are right, maybe 98% of the final price is because there is a highly thing to find. however if you manufacture it, that thing will rise it value. it happends with fucking chicken breast and it happends with fucking diamonds. if you dont understand something so simple as the fact that manufacturing something add value to the thing please dont start any business, you will go bankrupt inmediatly.
have a nice day, you are unbereable

>simple answe

But that's clearly not correct. Boneless skinless chicken thighs cost less than breasts do at the supermarket, and it's more work to debone a thigh than it is to debone a breast.

Clearly a product costs more money when there is labor involved to produce it, but that fact alone doesn't explain why breasts are more expensive than other cuts of chicken requiring just as much (if not more) labor.

Then compare the price of split chicken breast to boneless skinless breast to figure out the cost of labor. Then look at the price of split chicken breast to other bone-in cuts of chicken to figure out the cost from a supply and demand standpoint.

>I'm a racist shitskin who disguised this thread as a Veeky Forums post.

Fuck off back to your toilet.

Just to educate your poo in loo mind, it's because it's a healthy/tasty cut that has had an additional step of labour e.g. removal of bones.

>supply and demand standpoint.

Yes, that's the point. It's based on demand, not purely the labor difference.

It's based on both you fucking idiot. In my area, split chicken breast are slightly above the cost of thighs and legs. Almost 3/4 of the cost of boneless skinless breast comes from the labor. It's the same with boneless skinless thighs.

>It's based on both you fucking idio

Yes, I just said that.

>Cook a delicious chicken with crispy well seasoned skin for gf and her family
>gf peels the skin off before eating
>the whole family does it

ugh glad I left her

It's almost purely labor though. Demand barely enters the equation in explaining the big price difference op was asking about.

If it's almost purely labor, then why are the boneless thighs cheaper than the boneless breasts?

Oops! You must feel really silly now!

>It's almost purely labor though

Incorrect, see Thighs cost less than half what breasts do, despite being more labor to debone. Thus it ought to be obvious to even the most casual of observers that while labor does play a part in the cost, it's less significant than customer demand for specific cuts.

but.. the price difference is about the same, right?

The same as what? There's only one price difference. What do you want us to compare that price difference to?

the price difference between boneless breast and bone breast is about the same as with with boneless and bone thigh, right?
that's the only price difference OP asked about, which is what user referred to.

Huh?

>that's the only price difference OP asked about

OP never mentioned thighs. He only mentioned breast. He asked if the people bought it because of the high price (in some cases high price is seen as an indicator of quality), or if it was priced high due to demand.

The labour isn't the main reason.
It's simply about the weight of the bone.
If you buy meat with bone you pay less, because you are paying just for the meat, not the bone.
So if you are buying 1kg of bonless chicken you pay for 1kg of meat
If you are buying chicken with bones you buy 1kg of stuff, but like 800g of meat.
Hence the price per kg of produce is lower, but the price per kg of meat would be similar (+ - labour and stuff)

chicken breast is more expensive because white people go crazy over it. Economics 101, my nig.

priced high due to demand, low fat diets were popular around 1990 and most white folks still believe in that line of thinking

but my boneless/skinless breasts are frquently like 1.69/lb so IDGAF it's quicker cooking than thigh

Chicken is NOT an endangered species though...

Scarcity of boneless chicken breast is not what drives the cost.

>Chicken is NOT an endangered species though...

Dude, we killed 8 billion chickens last year in the US alone.

Pretty sure we killed fewer white rhinos last year.

Uh... pretty sure chicken is damn near close to extinct. I mean.. seriously... how much longer can we really keep up this rate of slaughter? Are you some sort of idiot?

Chickens are an endangered species.

>Chickens are an endangered species.

I know you think you are being sarcastic and whatever but I am going to drop some truth bombs on you.

The economist says that global stock of chickens sits at about 19 billion.

Read here:
economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/07/global-livestock-counts

Perdue says that the US killed and ate about 8 billion last year.

Read here:
ansc.purdue.edu/faen/poultry facts.html

We can't keep up this rate of consumption forever. At current production and consumption rates we will run out of chickens before 2025.

We used to eat bison and whales and sharks and they all went onto the endangered list decades ago from over eating.

This is the news story that corporate controlled media doesn't want you to know. If it got out that one of the worlds best sources of protein was going extinct people would panic and there would be mass anarchy.

How many chickens are hatched every year though?

They charge so much for skinless chicken breast because idiots think it is more healthy

Chicken thigh master race here. 70 cents a pound and tastes 100x better.

You're fucking stupid, a chicken grows up in like half a year.

6 billion, but the male chicks are ground up to turn into feed for the female chickens - which leaves about 4 billion - not enough to keep up with demand in this health conscious climate of widely spreading western culture and a rising middle class in china, india, and south american countries that are all doing better because of globalization.

That is how long it takes for them to start laying eggs... many chickens don't make it to that age these days because of demand for skinless chicken breasts.

The point is if there was an issue with the chicken population, the fuckers lay like 190 billion eggs per year, if demand required it I'd imagine we could do with a few less egg.

Those are almost entirely unfertilized eggs... remember that almost all male chicks are ground up for feed as soon as they hatch!

World supply is going down. Your egg math doesn't matter - only the facts matter.

But there is such a thing as a grown male chicken.

and a chicken can fertilize more than one egg.

>Just look at Hitler. He was vegan.
[citation needed]

Like I always say - everyone needs to not have kids for awhile. Less mouths to feed.

guys
I think I'm eating rotten chicken
it was in the fridge for like a week
it smelled a bit weird but I cooked it for 7 minutes
am I going to die

For a niche board Veeky Forums has a legendary amount of bait threads and shitposts, it's really getting tiring