I'm going to Murrica. Please tell me the must try food in each of these places:

I'm going to Murrica. Please tell me the must try food in each of these places:

Chicago
Dallas
Nashville
New York
Boston

I want to eat myself into a calorie coma.

careful, the ingredients they use are possibly of a substantially lower quality than what you're used to and will likely make you ill

>Dallas
Well, we have In-n-Out now which is no longer just in California. It's really nice to see the whole "sekrit club (no grils allowed)" mentality finally go away. Besides, we deserve them more than California, because we're not godless, homo-loving liberals. I wish In-n-Out and Chick-fil-A would pull out of the rest of the country and become an exclusively Southern thing.

I think I'll be able to deal with it. Is it true they don't use real sugar?

Stupid flyovers

You could spend literally decades trying to eat all the good foods in NYC or Chicago. Are you looking for the most iconic foods or something?

>Are you looking for the most iconic foods or something?

The sort of thing that people associate with those places. Like Chicago has deep dish.

Dallas - BBQ
Chicago - Deep Dish, Italian Beef
New York - Pizza (Grimaldi's), Pastrami (Katz's), Egg Cream (Eisenberg's), Cronut, Shake Shack

'GO 'ZA

The best recommendation I can make for Dallas would probably be Pecan Lodge. Pretty legit BBQ, and killer banana pudding...just be prepared to wait in line.

What part of town will you be in? Anything specifically you're looking for?

ngl you could also probably get amazing viet or thai food in Dallas. every city in Texas I've been to has a jungle Asian community not to far away with great food. you could also maybe get close to authentic Korean bbq there as well

Honestly I'll probably end up getting a lot of BBQ in Nashville, so I was hoping for some Mexican stuff in Texas. Not sure how hard that will be to find.

not hard at all. Houston would be a bit better for Mexican food however

All of those cities have literally hundreds of restaurants that will have great food because the USA isn't a yuropoor shithole that so many Arabic shed dwellers obsess about from across their war-torn islands.

the thing is, if you're going to order a well known dish from one of those cites that is associated with it, you might get a bunch of different quality and priced restaurants trying to cash in on that trend. like, Chicago is going to have a million go' za' pizza joints and many of them are going to be disappointing. Same with Nashville and BBQ.

for Chicago I would want to find their hot beef sandwiches rather than their pizza. Dallas has really good tex-mex, decent seafood, more hot weather foods. New York and Boston have limitless good food, but their Italian is especially good. I'd personally stay away from hotdogs because you can get those anywhere.

Only chains do
If you go to a locally owned place, they'll likely use real ingredients unless a recipe specifically calls for it

Keep posting more on Veeky Forums coastie boy
You're a there just like we're losers here
Stop using your location as a crutch to make up for your short comings

Nashville Hot Chicken is a pretty big fad atm so that's probably something I'd look for over in Nashville

Fuck Boston. New Orleans.
My girlfriend lives in Boston and we are both from New Orleans, Boston is a food hell hole DESU. They have Italian food (hint: everyone does).

Dallas doesn't have real bbq, it lacks soul

It's fucking blasphemy that in-n-out is in texas desu. I used to look forward to it so much when I went back to california from texas. Now it's nothing special. Fuck you and I hope you die of heatstroke.

Whataburger over In N Out, you fucking savage

>Nashville

ButcherTown Hall
Judge Beans
Princes hot chicken

Hey user. I would highly suggest you visiting a Chili's Grill & Bar in all of those cities.

Be sure to check out their limited time offer of 3 For Me = $10.

You get your choice, of a Salad, AMAZING Burger, and dessert at an amazing low price.

If you want to take the high class route, you can always get the Top Shelf Tacos, yum yum YUM!

I'm guessing this is a shitpost.

>I enjoy something based on its rarity, not based on its actual quality.

$0.27 has been deposited into your bank account

Yea it's definitely not a problem with you, an entire city is the problem, yea that's it.

If you wanna try Boston dishes go for some lobster or clam chowder in a bread bowl. The north end has some great Italian restaurants as well.

Well, yes, but In-n-Out was the last reason to ever visit California and now you don't have to.

Go to Pequods in Chicago for deep dish

Its easily the best

This. In n out was one of the few good things I could say about cuckfornia. Now that they came here I realized it's a really good fast food chain but whataburger is actually somewhat better.

New York City, dirty water dogs from a cart on a corner that have been sitting there all day so you know how terrible they are. Also the produce and water so you know NYC people are bullshitting you about them. The pollution makes them awful but the Obamas of the world think we should all live in a megalopolis like it since living in the most polluted places will help pollution according to their pot addled minds.

Boston- any haddock or cod, Lobster rolls, and of course clam chowder. If you've got the time, hit up Union Oyster House and Boston Beer Works too.

Is Boston beer good?

Nobody eats dirty water dogs anymore, and there's fewer vendors every year. Street Meat lamb chicken combo platters are the modern equivalent, and they're fucking good.

Sure, but OP isn't going to Austin.

Any time NYCers use good they mean it ironically. They enjoy hoodwinking out of towners.

>he's never had halal cart street meat

>Austin

That sounds like your typical NYC lefty giving a blowjob to a mudslime in public. Probably such a common occurrence there.

Awwww, poor little flyover thinks his white skin makes him matter!

Keep fucking your sister Cletus, you're a stupid hick first and a white man second. Socioeconomically you might as well be from Central America.

>still mad that his thread got "derailed"
LMAOing at your life, famalamtbqh

What the fuck is this flyover meme

I actually live a little ways outside of that shithole for now.
I'm not the op.
Basically King's version of philistine.

Damn I love me some halal cart. There's only a couple good ones where I live uptown, and when I get my ass to midtown or downtown, Im usually not stopping for food carts.

I can help you with Chicago. A lot of our pizza and italian places are excellent, we also have great greek and polish places. If you like polish meat, al's beef is a very accessible place found throughout the city. Greek town is near the main downtown area and has excellent gyros.

As far as pizza goes, now the main tourist places to go are lou mantaltis (spelling?) and giordanos. Between those two, Girodanos is definitely better for deep dish, but I would actually recommend Gino's East if your primary interest is Pizza and Lou Monalti's if you want a balanced menu.

There are a bunch of other pizza places of course, Piece is great and that's up in a cool neighborhood called Wicker Park where there's lot of our local micro breweries on tap. Generally the "best" restaurants are all in the loop, but those places are all quite expensive, often worth it, but the true taste of the city lies out in the neighborhoods.

Oh few more italian recommendations, Vapiano's and Eatly are great. I know vapiano's isn't chicago exclusive and eatly might not be either, but we do attract a ton of great cooking talent all around the city, so I find that the restaurants here tend to be better quality than in a lot of other cities.

>Chicago
Deep dish pizza for comfort food.
Kielbasa and Kraut

>Dallas
Steaks
BBQ beef Brisket

>Nashville
BBQ ribs
Country cured ham

>New York
They've got a lot of Americanized ethnic foods, so take your pic.

>Boston
Clam chowdah
Lobstah

>Nashville

Yes! Country ham and biscuits! Although I would say that's more of a Virginia/East Tennessee thing, for anyone not from the states, that is a great contrast for everyone who thinks Tennessee is only all about barbecue!

It comes from white urbanites and cowards that are shocked and amazed that Americans outside of their leftist urban shit holes aren't castrated eunuchs, like they are...

>Nashville
Mere Bulles
I recommend having a cup of crab bisque there. I have been able to replicate it at home and it's an all day job.

>Nashville
I will second this
>Judge Beans

>Mere Bulles

Fuck this, they don't serve sweet tea and are uppity as fuck

Its in Fort Worth instead of Dallas, but Joe T Garcia's is pretty iconic texmex here.
This too 2bh, Carrolton is like 30-40 minutes away from Dallas and has an absolute shitload of various asian restaurants

I'm going to Las Vegas, LA and San fran please advise.

I lived in Nashville for 4 years. DONT get Nashville BBQ. Get hot chicken. Hattie B's is spectacular. Nashville also has good burgers. The Pharmacy served me the best burger i've ever had. Smiling elephant is the best thai restaurant ive been to.

This but also stop at two bros at least once it's not the same quality as fancy pizza but it's good as fuarck and cheap as hell

>Live in NJ suburb 20 miles from midtown

Also live in Ft Worth and Mexican food is everywhere. Just be careful because a lot of it is shitty mediocre texmex. I like going to small street taco places in shady looking neighborhoods.

I also agree with the other user about asian foods. We have tons of great Korean, Vietnamese, and Thai/Lao places all over DFW. There are tons of Chinese restaurants in Richardson. Maxim's is good for dim sum. There's a great sichuan restaurant in Plano.

Mexican food.

San Fran. Cafe zazie for breakfast Their gingerbread pancakes and oatmeal crembrule are fucking epic. Also in the neighborhood is the ice ceam bar. The flavore of ice cream are like nothing I've had before truly unique recipes. As for Mexican I like panchovilla in the mission on 16th but there's a ton of good Mexican spots. Supenkutch (not sure on spelling) in Hayes valley is a top notch German spot. Great beer and food

Taco Bell

Sounds like a typical commie utopia

I don't understand this meme

Coastie Roastie's buns are toasty.

I'm gonna come down to Chicago and fuck you in the ass

>Not going to the south for cajun cooking
Shitty trip desu if it's food tourism

Don't know about the rest but genuine Nashville hot chicken is a must.

It's not. It's general tourism, but I want to make sure I get some good food on the way.

>recommend 2 Bros
>world revolves around midtown

Yup, that's some B&T fucking trash there. Do NOT presume to speak for actual New Yorkers please.

Chicago:
goza
go dog
go italian beef sandwich

NYC scum don't pretend to be a true New Yorker.

>Nashville
Hattie B's or Prince's Hot Chicken are a 100% must. Prince's is cash only and is in a rough part of town, but it's a Nashville classic.

disgusting

Hey man, you said austin but I think you meant Carolina

Seconding Al's Beef, the one near Wrigley was busy but efficient. Good greasy sandwich.

Austin for beef
Carolina for pork
Arkansas for chicken

Kansas City and Memphis fucking never

Better?

>Prince's is cash only and is in a [black] part of town, but it's a Nashville classic.

FTFY

The real sad part is that you don't even realize the irony of your post.

Is your girlfriend single?

y-y-you're welcome?

>memes: the recomendation

actually lol'd at cronut u bronut

stay mad flyover XD

>2bros

Lou Malnati's

FTFY

Awwww....did the urbanite get its feelings hurt?

While in Dallas head over to Fort Worth a little joint called My Lan (It's in the Haltom area, just google it) for the best damn Vietnamese food outside of Vietnam. No joke. Afterward walk a few doors down to the Boba Tea House and get yourself some Boba Tea.

Order the #37 at My Lan.

You will have no trouble finding good Tex-Mex in Dallas, btw.

The reason why they're only in California for the most part is because In N Out has its own farms, and they ship their ingredients daily. Since a lot of California is only farmland, It can get shipped to the various In N Outs without spoiling. You know, since the meat and everything else is never frozen.

Joe T Garcia's is fucking awesome.

>Boston
Sea food obviously. Although I'd recommend Bar Harbor, Maine, if you want real sea food.

Seconding the Italian Beef recommendations here. Although the Chicago-style hot dog and deep dish pizza are the city's most famous innovations, it's most revered and storied street food is the Italian Beef. Everyone's got his own favorite spot, but you can't go wrong with Al's. Sure it's a chain, but it's a local chain, and I think the original "Al" actually invented it and the chain is still in his descendants' hands.

Get it with hot peppers and make sure to have it dipped.

If you want something off the beaten path, go to Ricobene's for the breaded steak sandwich, a specialty you won't often find outside of the blue-collar Bridgeport neighborhood on the south side (where old Mayor Daley was from). And if you go to Bridgeport, you can also get the weird specialty of Johnny-O's Mother-in-Law sandwich (a cross between a corn dog and a tamale on a hot dog bun drowned in chili, cheese, onions, hot peppers, and tomato). You can go up to Johnny O's takeout window 24 hours a day, and during business hours you can get booze in the adjoining liquor store and ask them to open the "dining room" for you.

Yeah, I'm so upset that we have the top universities and hospitals

Aren't many of the top universities in their own college towns?

Check out Sali's Pizza if you're ever in Garland. Really good New York style pizza.

>Garland
>New York style

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

>>
Just picking and choosing from non-flyover states: Columbia, NYU, Juilliard, Weill Cornell, The New School, Mount Sinai, Rockefeller Institute, Harvard, MIT, RISD, Brown, Yale, Princeton, Penn, UCalifornias, Scripps, UWash, OHSU

Of the top 20 schools in the world, 3 are foreign, all the rest are in the list above besides UChicago. Fuck your hill billy flyover ass and your state schools filled with white racists. I’m sure we can continue to expect all you bullshit states to keep on sucking at the teat of federal hand outs allocated from richer, better run states.

Something exemplified by the amount of money NYC contributes to the state of NY. Brand new paved roads in the middle of nowhere upstate but the subway trains are from the 60s and have never been fuller.

The question wasn't about the state they were in, but if they were in their own college towns or not.

Do you cook with that much salt?

NYC creates the bulk of state debt and can only exist thanks to upstate water and upstate or out-of-state foods. It is a very unsustainable entity.

We also create the bulk of the state revenue, so I hope you're enjoying those roads that I pay for but don't use. You're welcome, and thanks for all the cheese and milk.