"Flyover" posters btfo forever

"Flyover" posters btfo forever
NYC, LA, and SF aren't the food capitals of the world, they aren't even the food capitals of America.
>Tucson, Az is the only city of gastronomy in America
ediblebajaarizona.com/tucson-designated-unesco-world-city-of-gastronomy

Other urls found in this thread:

tucson.com/entertainment/dining/city-of-gastronomy-honor-is-about-more-than-food/article_06a33038-a512-5fae-a2b6-949702d983d6.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did you even read the article?

It basically just says that people have been living in the middle of the dessert and figured out how to farm there. It has nothing to do with them actually cooking anything worthwhile; it's fast food central and literally the definition of flyover.

This. It's a small college city next to an interstate. Phoenix has better fine dining than Tucson, and that's a low bar to fail on.

tucson.com/entertainment/dining/city-of-gastronomy-honor-is-about-more-than-food/article_06a33038-a512-5fae-a2b6-949702d983d6.html
Jonathan Mabry compiled the 16-page application for the designation, detailing the multitude of programs, organizations, and festivals in Tucson that connect the food system, as well as its 4,000-year-old agricultural history.
Its the food culture there as well

>as well as its 4,000-year-old agricultural history

empty
empty
empty
Pueblos make a go of it
drought
empty
empty
empty
Pueblos try again
drought
empty
empty
empty
Spanish enslave some indians and dig wells
white people after gold settle nearby

I don't want to ruin the suspense, but soon
drought
empty
empty
empty

wait wait wait - so Tucson is a great culinary city, because some U of A fuck, with nothing better to do (as Tucson has no nightlife) filled out a 16 page application. Relating primarily to agriculture.

Amazing.

Yeah, that will happen when New York gets hit with a hurricane and SF and LA fall into the ocean
>Tucson has no nightlife
lmao now I know you have no clue

I know 4th Ave seems AMAZING to you right now, but one day you'll go to a real city and have your mind blown, flyover faggot.

>more =! better
congrats

>unesco
>un
>placing any meaning or significance in a political organization

Uhhhh no, I've lived in Tucson, obviously. I'm telling you both quantity and quality are sorely lacking there compared to most places.

>obviously

No, not obviously. Cocksucker.

I also lived in tucson, and the quality was on par with better bars in bigger cities

i want to ride my bike in those mountains tbph familio estevez

Tucson has a couple bars that are on par with 2000 other bars in any major city

Is not the same as

Tucson is the only city of gastronomy in America

>flyovers are this desperate for attention
All of my keks.

(You)ropeen here

Literally where

Tucson has some great variety. You can get a ton of different cuisine with a variety of prices. Hell if I'm going to start acting like we're a capital of anything though.

Between Phoenix and Mexico - about 6 hours east of LA.

If you mean Phoenix, then yeah, Tucson has a few bars that are on par with most Phoenix bars.

If you mean real cities, no.

>Phoenix
>not a "real city"
I'm guessing your a NYfag or an LAfag who pretends middle america doesn't exist.

Sure it exists. It just doesn't matter. It's not worth talking about.

There's very few important cities in "middle america". Houston, Dallas....that's really about it.

Shouldn't you be leaving for work about now?

>Implying this isn't shitty flyover propoganda
>Implying LA and all of cali isn't flyover land
Man, I knew the food sucked but the education too?

Meh, Houston is a swamp, Dallas is a finance center surrounded by suburbs. Chicago is a city, but the people are pretty lame.

I grew up in Phoenix, faggot - and downtown, not out in some stucco McMansion where you probably live while your mom fucks the pool boy. It's 7 suburbs in search of a city.

>It just doesn't matter. It's not worth talking about.

Flyovers sure do try to though, don't they?

dumbshit, LA isn't flyover. It's literally one of the stops on the plane flight that gives flyover country its name

While I've never lived in Tucson, I've passed through there and stayed overnight many, many, times while traveling back and forth between California and Texas.
While there are a lot of good places to eat there, it still can't hold a candle to any major port city. Just because you guys farm shrimp in the middle of the desert doesn't mean you have better cuisine than anywhere else. Tucson has a disproportionately large number of fast food places, while the number of really good restaurants is very, very slowly growing.

Tuc Town has been a great place for eats, fly over my ass, there is an unbelievable amount of wealth from all over the US that lives in the the hills and hippies from Bisbee that have pumped a lot of money in the the food business, if you don't think there is good stuff there you are a lazy fuck, this is like people saying Las Cruces isn't good because it's small and flyover when in actuality it is filled with wealth and smart hipster fags opening cool joints, Muh not any cool bars or nightlife... You are fucking retarded stop being such a normie douche, there is nightlife everywhere in 520, but why would you care anyway when you will just be fapping to boypoosey nightly anyway

There is only one place that isn't a flyover destination you fucking yokle.
N
Y
C
Literally nothing else matters.

>implying

I literally flew over your city last night to get to somewhere better.

Wow, a map of flovervania.

>the entirety of the east coast is included
>fucking arizona is included (we know where you're from)
>oregon is for some reason not included

What a retarded as fuck map.

How is Hawaii in any way flyover, yet Alaska isn't?

As if you even know what a yokle is, you dumb cunt.

Throwing Dallas in there means you know fuck all about what cities are important. Houston, yes. Dallas, fuck no. Dallas is ripe with scum who moved there from other shithole places in North Texas and the panhandle because their tiny minds think Dallas is the "big city".

>Dallas is ripe with scum who moved there from other shithole places

What does that have to do with being important? Dallas is home to a lot of major financial institutions; I often get called out there for work.

>not understanding that having one or two places doesn't qualify you on a world stage

I've had great times in Bisbee. Doesn't mean it's not flyover boring 99% of the time

I live in NYC. And it's better than LA. Just saying that LA is not flyover by fucking definition.

Anyone not born raised, and currently living in 10036 zip code, I.E. you you fucking yokle inbred hick.

Try leaving your neighborhood once in awhile, you dumb cunt. You've been so isolated, you have no idea what the world is like.

>Times Square
>NYC

Pick one.

Middle of the desert; basically around where they did all those early nuclear bomb tests.

>not living in 11977
nigga plz

It looks like pic related, why the fuck would I leave the only place worth living in?
>T. Dumb yokel cuck.

you have to be 18+ to post here

What's the matter Jethro? Your mule gone up and dieded?

ASU > UofA

I never thought I would see the day people fight over Tucson on Veeky Forums

Hamptons? For what purpose??

Louisiana not flyover? Have you even been to Louisiana other than New Orleans? Also,

>Alaska relevant
>Hawaii flyover

I'd also argue that nearly any white state on that map is inherently more interesting than Delaware. Little shit state considered not flyover because it's next to Philly and MD my ass.

Whoever made this map is without a doubt a flyover yokel.

Honestly, this thread is more about Tucson struggling to somehow be relevant.

Pretty sure SF is notorious for being a pretty shitty food city

>SF is notorious for being a pretty shitty food city

Uh, you really don't fucking get it, do you? "Flyover" includes LA and SF. In fact, if you're not in the city, you're flyover.

Yeah. I have lots of friends from SF and they say it's no where near as good as other big cities

I think the word you were looking for was "overrated".

I only go to SF every couple years, and am usually treated by people I know out there (one of which is an FoH manager for a pretty high end place), so I've always eaten extremely well there.

*meant to add: I also went to school in NYC but was a poor student and didn't really know anyone from there, so I found the food scene to be pretty shitty.

I guess that means your impression of a city's food depends on your experience, but it's still either hyperbole or bait to try to claim that SF is notorious for having shitty food.

Having lived in SF, it's 100% wrong to say that its bad, its just expensive so people aren't going to shell out the extra money for the food that's actually good. odds are theyre going to go to somewhere run down and eat shitty seafood out of stale bread and rate it 2/5

They probably ate at Pier 39 like plebs. It's like eating at Times Square and saying NYC is shit tier.

Either way
It shouldn't be in the conversation of being a food capital

>It shouldn't be in the conversation of being a food capital

It has a quarter of the Michelin star restaurants in the country. If you don't think that alone makes it a "food capital" I don't know what to tell you.

How many does Tucson have?

I didn't say Bisbee was any good, I was saying that there is a ton of wealthy folks that have vacation Holmes that pump money into the Tucson, saughrita, area and like the odd vibe. And your one or two places that are good comment.. Keep enjoying Yelp

"Figs on plates", etc. All actual cities have expensive dining - San Francisco can just never live up to the pretense they try to give themselves.

>he's so desperate to make up for his inadequacy he hides behind his location
No one gives a shit if you live in some shithole filled with the big grey rectangles, what have you actually accomplished?

Does everywhere you don't get raped by shit skins on the way to work not matter?

Why does Veeky Forums get so triggered by figs and avocados?
And I suppose you conquered the wilderness and killed all the wild mastadons, rendering America safe for women and children? No, you just trundle to the local strip mall in your 5000 pound metal box to shop at The Gap, like all the other flyovers, and you call that rough and ready self-reliant rustic living.

I have nothing against figs - I'm referring to the David Chang quote of San Francisco trying to do actual cuisine and "fucking every restaurant in San Francisco is just serving figs on a plate. Do something with your food".

What's funny is while that seems like a meme, the last 2 times I've been to San Francisco the upscale restaurants I went to were serving . . . . . figs. On a plate.

>while that seems like a meme, the last 2 times I've been to San Francisco the upscale restaurants I went to were serving . . . . . figs. On a plate.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Alice Waters has been doing that since before David Chang was an itch in his golf twat father's clitoris

>Listening to David Chang of all people.

And Waters is part of the reason why the SF food scene is so retarded

Regardless of what you think of Chang, his critique of San Francisco's food scene is pretty spot on. They're more up their own ass than New York, without even the history to justify it.

Chang is the main reason why NYC food is so retarded, if only he could understand that
>oh look I stuck a Mr. Softee cone into a bowl of ramen, now here is a gin and tonic with dry ice poured into it, gieb $70 and michelin star plox

>implying NYC takes Chang seriously

Well, the guy quoting him like it's the words of the Prophet (PUBH) seems to think so

Samefag, idiot. Just because his quote about San Francisco is apt doesn't mean Momofuko is suddenly not stupid.

The sad thing is is that San Francisco is so full of shit that even Chang can score points of of it . . . . .

I've eaten at a couple of his restaurants and the food was legit, and the service entirely professional.

Still, he basically staged at a high end NYC restaurant and then immediately opened up a ramen shop and pretty much by a fluke became hugely popular (I also used to subscribe to Lucky Peach back when it had recipes and wasn't just boring articles by/about what his chef friends are up to).

It's really absurd that he's treated like an accomplished chef and food authority considering how little experience he actually has.