Anyone have advice for preparing pigeon?

Anyone have advice for preparing pigeon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-No-byChkgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Be bum

Preparing in terms of what? Like, a recipe, or how to defeather, dehead and gut?

Recipe mostly a friend and are going to go slingshot hunting for them and he will dress them but I'm going to cook them

As in plucking/cleaning etc or already plucked/cleaned?
I never do much of a good job with plucking birds, so I'm sure smaller ones like pigeons would be an absolute nightmare but I can tell you what to do with a plucked and cleaned pigeon, if you have one: deep-fry the fucker.

Marinate in a mixture of rice wine and sesame oil.
Double coat in seasoned cornstarch and into the hot oil it goes.
Add green chilli, garlic and ginger to the oil and fish it all out along with the pigeon when the bird is done.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.

One bird per person is a nice opening course.

Grilled on an upside down supermarket cart

OP, culinary term is Squab, for baby pigeon. Just google Squab Recipes

Pigeons are not worth the hassle really.

Go for a seagull.

Are you hunting for pigeons in a city? Those things are infested with various diseases and maladies.

Small town they get most of their food from the farm supply store across the street

We have to kill them anyway and no seagulls near me

youtube.com/watch?v=-No-byChkgY

Skip to 4:14 to see a pigeon being prepared quickly

brine it

Hold on I think I got at least on pigeon recipe in here.

Dont eat town pigeons, they are full of parasites.

My friend has already eaten some of the same flock and he's fine

I did that with an air rifle instead, missed the birds chest and hit his wing. When I came to collect him he was still squirming on the ground. I took him into my hands and brought him home. I felt bad about killing him so I nursed him back to health and he just chills in my room now.

That's awesome

Is he a pet now? You're not fattening him up are you?

Yeah dude he's a pet. He goes off and does his own thing outside then always comes back home. He's already pretty fat as you can see since he ransacks the bird feeder as well

>pigeon poop everywhere

Is he friendly or is he like a cat and just hangs out?

ma'lady

that's cute.

He's pretty quiet, sometimes he does this 'pio pio pio' chirping noise and watches me work. I used to pet his back until I read online that birds interpret that as sexual behavior.

>not sexing your bird slave
wew lad

POST MORE CUTE PIGES

I think the bird would be more worried about you trying to fuck it than the other way round pal.

>pigeon fanciers disease.

Pls tell me you gave it a cute pigeon name

Don't eat pigeons, man. They're great birds, eat a chicken or something.

>pigeons are great
maybe specially bred ones, not the retarded fucks that fly around and shit everywhere

braised the legs in red wine and mirepoix, and sauted the breasts with some wild mushrooms for a salad

Couldn't tell you how to cook them but when I was a id, my dad raised homing pigeons and mom cooked up squab all the time.