This is a serious post, don't make fun of me

This is a serious post, don't make fun of me.

I've been cooking daily for almost 15 years. I've always used butter.

I am saving up to buy a house and a car and pinching pennys everywhere.

I've recently switched to Margarine as I can get it for 15 cents a stick opposed to a dollar a stick.

I honestly find the taste to be the same and works well for 95% of recipes w/ no problem.

Am I an idiot, or a toothless hillbilly in my palate?

>voluntarily eating transfat

i'm not talking about healthy, all I'm talking aobut is taste

>toothless hillbilly in my palate?

The latter.

Also, margarine is very bad for you. It is literally 100% trans fat.

Though these days you can get "imitation butter spreads" which aren't made from margaric acid; those are not so bad for you healthwise.

>Also, margarine is very bad for you. It is literally 100% trans fat.

im just takling bout tasty tastes

>all I'm talking aobut is taste

Then why are you even posting for? You already said they tasted the same to you, so what else is there to discuss?

>I honestly find the taste to be the same
you must be dead inside

>Then why are you even posting for? You already said they tasted the same to you, so what else is there to discuss?

I'm asking if my taste buds are fucking retarded if I can't taste a difference between them in a meal or a difference in quality

I thought nowadays they just use oil thickeners to make margarine rather than hydrogenation (where transfats are made). At least in the UK that's what they do I think.

>I'm asking if my taste buds are fucking retarded

And we already told you that your taste is indeed fucked.

Then what you are describing isn't margarine. It's a different kind of imitation butter spread. Margarine is made from margaric acid, which is 100% trans-fat.

shit palate. also enjoy your cancers

Yeah dude that's fucked up

>trans fats

>Then what you are describing isn't margarine. It's a different kind of imitation butter spread. Margarine is made from margaric acid, which is 100% trans-fat.

no, trans fat margarine is abolished out of the market.

I like their "buttery taste" one.

>Then what you are describing isn't margarine.
this is true, it was outlawed in the uk years ago. the name however stuck for vegetable oil based spreads. iirc american margarine is dyed red because the dairy unions demanded it, so what you're eating might not actually be margarine

if it tastes the same to you, which is a matter of subjective opinion, what the fuck does it matter what any of us have to say?

you don't care about the nutrition factor and aren't likely to have access to fresh butter, so just eat the margarine if it tastes the same and saves you money

if you're ever out in farm country, try some good quality butter; about the only time I ever use butter in my recipes to be frank

Good god , so much misinformation in this thread.
Where is butterbell user to sort this all out?

i like the taste of margarine. i like it in the big tubs.

>toothless hillbilly in my palate?

Are you... Are you supposed to have teeth in your palate?

Margarine doesn't have the texture of butter.

Butter melts more easy for example.

THIS. you prefer a higher risk of cancer over a new car?

Yes

I grew up with margarine in my house and I'm now 30 years old

I switched to Butter 3 years ago and will never go back

Our parents grew up on Butter fresh from the dairy delivered by the milk man