I've never had venison

I've never had venison
What's it like

sorta similar to deer.

It's pretty good

Tenderloin is the best part, depending on the compentancy of the hunter and how it's dressed it tastes 'gamey' (like liver) or absolute shit. It's a very lean meat so it benefits from a marinade or braise or fat (usually pork) for most cuts. A processor worth his salt will make you some excellent sausage snacks (they're kinda like slim Kim's). But tenderloin is pretty good on its own

*slim jims
Oh! And summer sausage as well

It's indescribably wonderful.
If given the choice between sex with any woman I choose or a pair of properly prepared venison loins, I would pick the venison four out of five times.
The older the deer was the gamier the meat gets, though, so a lot of people get turned of by that. Also of whoever prepped it didn't remove every last bit of gristle/silverskin it ruins everything.

think the best beef you ever had but better with more forest like taste and a tiny bit gamey

>If given the choice between sex with any woman
>2016
>being a lesbian

Can you afford to eat it? It's quite deer

I identify as an black crippled muslim lesbian attack helicopter. My pronouns are thup, thupthup, and thupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthupthup.

Not great tbf.

Too rich and not as tasty as beef of lamb.

If you've had duck perhaps a bit like that
Sorta like beef already red wined up

Please stop.

Neigh?

The leanness of a fillet of beef with the strong taste of a rib eye. Best of both worlds.

it's worth killing deer for I'll say that much

It tastes like a MILLION BUCKS

Very similar to a sweeter beef, and obviously a bit gamey. If you're ever in the Virginia down through Georgia/Tennessee area, try venison bbq.

warm coins and salty milk

There's a reason the old time kings kept all this stuff for themselves

Lost my shit user thank you

Flavor is amazing, can be kinda gamey but it's honestly delicious if cooked properly
This does depend on the hunter being conpetent enough to shoot a healthy deer and either process it right or give it to someone who can.
Personally, I hunt but i give it to my brother in law to process it, i know how but my garage is packed to the point i dont have room to process it. In exchange I give him half the meat.

Im mainly a hunter of game thats rither dangerous or destructive
I've hunted mountain lions and bears in Pennsylvania (Bear was an old male and kept entering their property, last straw was it attacked their dog. i owed them a favor anyhow)
I also hunt hogs in Texas a few times a year, it's an interesting experience and much more primal than other hunts, i have a rifle that fires subsonic ammo with me, but also bering dogs and a spear. If you're a hunter, id reccomend it.
Bear was good in a roast
Hog was disgusting although that may be simply a bad pick of which one to roast

Agreed, as I said up thread it's all about the competency of the hunter (like, don't gut shoot it), and how he dresses it (like, don't nick the bladder or bowels, properly drain the blood from the animal, etc.). To your post, had smoked bear leg several times, it was surprisingly tasty (dad likes to hunt them in Canada). Never been myself. Would like to go on a hog shoot for sure.

Honestly, it's great. But it depends on who cooks it, at least for me. I once had the most incredible venison loins in this restaurant here. Cooked medium rare, served with a juniper berry sauce and some canneloni on the side. Other times I had venison it's been good, but there were a few times where I think the person cooking it didn't know what the fuck the were doing and it wasn't that great. If you want to try it, I recommend going to a restaurant that is known for their venison, or just having a friend who is experienced with it cook you a meal.

I contract to a corporate farm in TX, I've gotten to shoot hog from a helicopter once, which sounds fun, and is for the sake of saying youve done it, but i prefer normal hunts.

>drier_than_the_sahara.jpeg

But Bacon! XD amiright??