Food

Vegans and their fucking save the animals campaigns. Guess what Plants are living things as well. so FUCK OFF.

iceberg salad has to be the least efficiently food to harvest in the world too.

checkmate, atheists

people come up with all sorts off bullshit to fight off the meaninglessness of life. let them play their little game of saving the world by not eating animals.

Not to mention all the bacteria vegans swallow every day.

Non-vegans also swallow bacteria. It's nearly impossible not to.

yes

is it legal for vegans to swallow cum?

it's against the law

vegans swallow their own saliva, so either they don't consider themselves animals, which kinda defeats their ethical viewpoint, or they 24/7 swallow animal product, making them hypocrites.
check m8

Then what was your point.

Really makes me think.

Vegans swallow additional living things. Meant to be lighthearted but you've somehow managed to get worked up about it.

>Plants are living things as well.

with limited to no capacity to feel the way animals do

i'm not a vegan myself, but this is just a bad argument. they are categorically different for a reason

we aren't far from a future where we can basically grow animals as a plant, look at the progress being made on chickens and mice. For that reason, I don't think it is as urgent to switch to a vegan diet and I think that the economics argument is also flawed unless vertical farming and water consumption are both solved first.

that being said, I don't know what kind of moral philosophy people would follow that wouldn't lead to a conclusion that causing unnecessary pain to other living organisms for aesthetic reasons is acceptable.

I'm not vegan for pragmatic reasons and if we didn't seem near a solution that opts out of inflicting unnecessary pain, I would likely switch, but the economics of vegan dieting is not a closed issue either and is not currently sustainable (in addition to driving up prices of grains in low income countries, more-so than comparable living styles of non-vegans)

[spoiler]if you want sources, learn to use google, you're on the internet faggot[/spoiler]

Because there is no reasonable alternative.

I'm not worked up.

>Because there is no reasonable alternative.

Yes

I understand, but this is my frustration with it: I'm subjected day in and day out to PETA videos that described the most extreme animal abuse in the meat industry when in all reality there are SOME and while more expensive ethical meat farmers. I have my own "beef" with PETA and their views. I'm tired of vegans and none meat eaters standing behind this organization while they have a solid cause but are not with out flawed views. If they want people to join them they should try videos describing the benefits of the life style not scare tactics. Maybe it is just my hate of PETA drving me to hate their videos and to look down upon the campaigns. If I wasn't a struggling student I too would consider maybe giving this lifestyle a too if they could cater to people like me who don't want to shamed into it but lured into it.

Then what was your point.

ecology aside, would a vegan care if he ate a brain dead cow?
no, that'd be unethical

I get both the ethical and the environmental "arguments" behind veganism but they're meaningless. It is done for fashion and indignation. You could dye your hair, get a parrot, lift weights, join a community center. They choose not to eat meat.

They can do what they want, but when people say it's for ethical reasons they're lying to you. I don't like sweeping statements, but I'm willing to slap "100% of the time" on this one

I already told you.

"Vegans swallow living things" is not in itself a point.

>loving CAFO carcinogens, torture, and big business so much that you invent totally nonsensical arguments in order not to be a better, healthier person

checkmate, faith in humanity

That's not what I said. And I've said what I have to say about it.

I wouldn't have a problem with vegans/vegetarians were that point not the most interesting thing about them but it nearly always is.
Same with gay men.

If being vegan/vegetarian/gay is the most interesting thing about you, you need to find something else to do. The majority of the vegans/vegetarians/gays I've met base their personalities entirely around what they do and do not put in their mouths and that makes them very, very boring and annoying. They seldom have anything else to talk about other than that one topic (being vegan/being vegetarian/being gay).
That's what makes them annoying. Same with hyper-Christians, hyper-liberals, hyper-conservatives and so on.