For the past month and a half, I've been eating 1830 calories a day, to lose weight, because I'm a whale

For the past month and a half, I've been eating 1830 calories a day, to lose weight, because I'm a whale.
I'm getting pretty sick of not feeling full after meals. What will trick me into feeling full and still taste good? I tend to drink a lot of water to help this, but that's clearly not going to keep my energy up. Is protein the answer?

heroin

Protein and fat will certainly make you feel full more than carbs will. That's one of the reasons why the Atkins/Keto diet works. Regardless of ketosis, it's honestly difficult to eat a lot of calories from fat and protein alone because you get full so fast.

Those are some pigeon eggs, son.

the reason a normal amount of food doesn't make you feel full is probably because your appetite doesn't work too well in the first place, just deal with never feeling full or being a disgusting fatty

Black coffee helped me a lot when first starting to diet.

However, and I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but you just have to deal with the hunger for a while. At first it will just lessen, but it will eventually go away. It's really just a matter of perseverance.

Your stomach is slowly shrinking back to a normal size now that your aren't over eating constantly. You'll feel more full with less food as long as you keep it up and don't keep it stretched out with water (that's how professional eaters stretch out theirs).

That has been the process
That makes sense.

Bet you're one of those faggots who just changes their diets but don't work out. Once your body is used to being fat, especially after 30, you'll unlikely never be in any decent shape. Just accept that you fucked up you fat piece of shit and revert to your piggetry.

I tried black coffee and got insta diarrhea. My body just rejected it I guess.
But yeah my appetite has been going down, but still always want to eat more after meals. It might just be a habit thing too.

I am 19. I have lost 14lbs from this diet so far. I expect my weightloss rate to lessen the more I lose, and then I will work out more than just seldom walking.
So yeah, I am one of those faggots, but I am not hopelessly screwed, buddy

Maybe try keto, gradually drop to 1200-800. Shirataki/konnyaku might help with feeling full. Cauliflower and zucchini are pretty good too. You can do it op!

shirataki sounds magical, have you tried it? Because if it makes you feel as close to as full as actual pasta, that would be crazy.
I appreciate the support

try eating styrofoam - it will help fill you up

mixed green salad, broccoli, hard boiled eggs, beef or chicken tea

>have lost 30lbs in 8 mo
>20 more to go
>slayin bitches already

it's a full time change, buddy. you can never go back to eating shittily again; but the rewards are worth it

I'm not that guy, but I have tried shirataki. It makes you full quickly during the meal, but it doesn't last.

>tea
you mean soup right

Yeah I usually eat it when I'm craving pasta or noodles. It makes me pretty full. It has no real nutritional value, so I eat it with some protein,veg and fats to help with feeling full for longer. Wakame and tofu are also good for cutting cals.

More veggies. Lowest-calorie way to put volume in your belly

I'm 35 and just lost 130 lbs this past year, it's doable, but working out did help quite a bit.

drink a bunch of water before you eat your food

Water. Water suppresses hunger.

Best way to diet is to not have money desu.

I get motivated by financial restriction.

As someone who has been in your position I found nothing works.
I tried it all. Low carb, high carb, high protein, low fat, high fat, Keto, Paleo, everything.

The only way to feel full is to eat a meal big enough to feel full.

Problem with this is, I can't fool my body. It knows the difference between a glass of water, a bowl of salad or meat and potatoes.
Without some kind of starch I can not feel satiated. For example I can eat a kilo vegetables in one sitting but my body will say "come on nigga, we need some potatoes up in this bitch" and I'll be hungry 20 mins later.

Anyway on to point.
Intermittent fasting is the only way I can cope.

Save all your calories for one big meal and you get to have that nice full feeling.

>1830 calories

Bitch I've been on 1200 a day for six months (tiny girl, this is my cut level.) Get gud faget. I'd kill to eat 1800. That's my normal intake plus an entire container of fucking ice cream.

Same, but it stands to reason that bigger people have bigger appetites. 1800 would satisfy me pretty well for a day but I'd gain weight, obviously. It's weird and stupid to assume the same calorie intake satisfies everyone regardless of size.

FIBER FIBER FIBER EAT MORE FIBER

bitch you're an idiot, your satiety is lower because you are small

Ketosis induces weight loss because it's a state of illness (starvation response) presenting with clinical anorexia. People who are starving lose their appetite, this has been known scientifically for decades. Ketosis is primarily a starvation response, and ketogenic diets emulate starvation while still supplying exogenous energy. Might as well inject yourself with HIV.

We know that ketosis does not cause "satiation", because the hormonal changes do not reflect that. High-carbohydrate diets are the only diets that affect hunger and satiation hormones towards reduced energy intake - people become more leptin-sensitive on high-carb diets and less sensitive on low-carb diets.

And that is why, without fail, fatties bounce right back after doing keto... Which is why the US is the fattest nation on the planet while low-carb is their most popular weight loss diet. It does not work.

Reduce fat and animal products, up legumes, fruits and vegetables, cooked starches etc.
If your portions are visually small while on a diet, you're doing it wrong.

>Ketosis induces weight loss because it's a state of illness (starvation response) presenting with clinical anorexia

>being this stupid, but thinking you're smart

>High-carbohydrate diets are the only diets that affect hunger and satiation hormones

That's not at all true, and not how this works.

OP, I'd recommend intermittent fasting. Basically only eat in an 8 hour window. This will help break your habit of overeating, which is why you don't feel full.

>lol you are wrong and stupid
Amazing response, thanks so much for your quality post.

>Which is why the US is the fattest nation on the planet

not even close. We're like #20 now that cheap industrially produced food is becoming widespread elsewhere in the world.

We were the fattest because we industrialized our food production first. Now that others are catching up we see the same problem everywhere.

Op if you aren't using an app or something similar to track your nutrition, you should seriously consider using one. You will learn a lot about your diet by tracking what and how much you eat every day.
The first week you use it don't try to change your diet, just get used to recording everything. It will be eye opening.

but are you cute and can i cook with you if you are?

You'll start getting used to it eventually. The beginning of the diet is always the worst. It might be personal preference, but I like eating smaller meals more frequently as opposed to medium or large-sized meals only two or three times a day. I eat around 4-5 small meals on 1000-1200 cals per day. They'll feel larger if you eat on small plates, use small utensils, and take your time; remember that it takes time to process that you're full. Make sure to think before you eat if you're prone to impulse binges and the like. Other than that just make smart decisions, don't eat out often, limit animal products, eat lots of vegs, etc.

Make sure you're hydrated too. I drank almost exclusively tea, but then you have to deal with caffeine withdrawal. Peppermint tisanes helps to suppress hunger in dire situations, and green tea speeds up your metabolism. It probably sounds really gross but I just drink broth when I'm hungry because it's few calories and still gives me the feeling of eating
Fasting does work, I have done it before, but it always causes me to get really intense cravings. OP you can try it if you want to but just remember to control yourself and be mindful during periods in which you're not fasting.

Food with a lot of fiber in it or a supplement like Metamucil might help. Personally I like psyllium husk powder but it doesn't mix well and will give you gigantic poops.

Swap out ice cream or regular yogurt for the strained/Greek kind, it makes you feel full and has much less sugar depending on which one you buy. I used to eat a ton of cereal for breakfast but now I just eat a cup of 0% fat Fage with a handful of granola or kashi (good source of fiber).

If you like iced coffee buy a little bottle of coffee concentrate and mix a squeeze with unsweetened almond milk. This way it has almost no sugar unless you want to add some or substitute with stevia. Not surprised black coffee gives you the poops but it might get better as your body gets used to it.

I'm only 160cm so I try to stay around 1200-1400 calories a day and I usually exercise a few times a week

>What will trick me into feeling full and still taste good? I tend to drink a lot of water to help this, but that's clearly not going to keep my energy up. Is protein the answer?
Are you unsatisfied when you clean your plate? Or is hunger coming on too fast before the neal meal time is due? Or both?

If you are hungry, time to recognize that as "yay! I am burning calories right now" a very good thing by the way. Stomach emptiness after meals can be handled by slowwwwwing down to get past the 20 minute rule whereby your brain needs that amount of time to signal fullness. One way to do that is to add an appetizer course, whether it's crudite and dip or a bowl of soup which you sip with full on etiquette of spoon to back of bowl, level off, sip from side of spoon, and set it down between bites, have a cracker bite. A salad course adds time til the main entree, and then you get that fullness from either added to the entree. You can certainly load up on salad and soups at low calorie ways.

Protein and fats do aid fullness but you're considering those calories too. So figure out the sweet spot for you. Write down your meals you ate along with comments on hunger, and repeat menus down the line if they worked for you. Try drinking water throughout the day, not just the whole glass before you sit down trick. It dilutes stomach acids and not so hot for digestion as a matter of fact.

Have nearly zero calorie snacks ready for hunger emergencies, like veggie soups, whole apple, red bell pepper strips and lemon vinaigrette, air popped corn. Things you say, whelp, I can't not eat right now but here's something I can do which is completely ready and won't break the bank.

>pp or something similar to track your nutrition

Only if you actually do something about it. I have several friends who make a point out of using these tracking apps. Every damn meal they have to whip out their phone and update their calories. But they don't do anything with the data. They track, but they don't make any decisions based on it.

Tracking is giant waste of time unless you actually utilize the data to make decisions.

The best decision I ever made was seeing my GP and telling him about my depression. He put me on some medication and introduced me to a therapist who was a total bro.

I was a high school dropout, broke, unemployed, and had been living homeless off and on my entire adult life. I studied for my GED, passed, took the ACT, passed, received some scholarships and grants, started college, picked better food choices, got a gym membership to lift weights, etc. This guy convinced me I could do anything if I put my mind to it, so when my confidence levels reached a certain point, I found the courage to apply for a state position doing database admin work and was hired. I've got all these people in my life supporting me to finish my degree, and I plan to stay in school until doctor is front of my name. You learn patience and lose that desire for things to happen overnight. "The man who moves a mountain carries away small stones."

Just a hunch, but I think your problems are probably deeper OP. They were for me, anyways. I was living an unfulfilling life, and self-medicating with food and alcohol.

All of this. The high fiber helps in the beginning of a diet for fullness. You can get it everywhere, from 12g sandwich bread to chewable gummi vitamins to Splenda packets to fiber rich jam for your toast. To Good Friends Kashi cereal is a literal fiber bomb, try just a couple Tbsps on greek yogurt (buy the full fat kind, like Cabot 10%) with some cut up fruit. Remember, there are two kinds of fiber, soluble and insoluble. Soluble gels up and makes you feel nicely full, and does digest well, and lowers cholesterol and likelihood of colon cancer (possibly). A good example is whole grain regular oatmeal or the pectin in apples and jam. It should satisfy you nicely too. Insoluble fiber doesn't really digest in so much it just acts as bulk to make motility in the GI tract, and pushes that poop through ya. A large amount of it can cause a loose stool, kind of like a bigass salad will make you go. People who are constipated are dehydrated and probably also lacking much insoluble fiber in their diets. This is why supplements aren't as great as just eating proper foods for what you need.

drink water

I'm not him but you are wrong and you should read up on ketosis before you start talking about things you don't understand.

>lol you are wrong and stupid

Your information is simply wrong, there's nothing more to say. Stop posting bullshit.

>Tracking is giant waste of time unless you actually utilize the data to make decisions.

Actually studies have shown that just tracking, even without a goal or limit, will reduce calories. Most people underestimate calories in food, and overestimate how much exercise burns.

>lol you are wrong

>Most people underestimate calories in food, and overestimate how much exercise burns.

I agree with that 100%. But blindly logging things isn't going to help unless you make decisions based on the logged information.

My friends which have been doing it? Two have them haven't lost any weight, and the other three are still gaining.

IMHO it's better to advise people to actually do something direct--like eat less or exercise more--than to simply "log" without action.

Yeah, you have to be pretty shameless to start tracking, and then keep eating when you're at 3200 calories already.

It's in the aggregate, but same as posting calories at fast food places, just the sight of 3200 calories or whatever will often prevent people from eating even more.

Obviously it's better to stick to a limit and exercise.

It would be pretty stupid to track you calories and still do nothing.
So stupid I didn't think I had to actually mention that.

Well I'm fucking 270lbs, and have been eating like shit my whole life. Do you know what perspective is? Shut the fuck up

I have been using one, and it helps a shit ton. I actually couldnt commit until I started counting

Sick of these captchas, thank you all for the responses, I read them all, mostly helpful.

Well that sounds terrific for you, user.
But I really enjoy my life and am almost always content. I'm just tired of being a fat person. That's all!
and I think it is a lot of what is saying. I eat pretty fast, I am unsatisfied after meals and am hungry for about an hour or two before meal time. I will take your advice and just eat a peach when I feel hungry.
Another thing I like to just chew on after meals are altoids. Mints make me not want to eat anything else, because it gives things a weird flavor. So I think my brain is making the connection, mint = done with food for about 6 hours.

>he doesnt know what chicken or beef tea is

He clearly does given that he knew to call it soup.

Around here we just call it chicken or beef stock.