Has anyone here tried the "Portobello" as a bun meme for vegetarian sandwiches...

Has anyone here tried the "Portobello" as a bun meme for vegetarian sandwiches? Is it any good or does it over power the fillings?

That looks retarded as fuck. Why not just use a regular bun and make the portobello one of the fillings like normal people have been doing for decades?

Probably because muh gluten.

Never tried that.

>Why not just use a regular bun and make the portobello one of the fillings

I have done that, shit's delicious. It's good as a replacement for a meat patty or in conjunction with a patty.

would try it with a proper beef patty in there desu

Quite the opposite, the mushroom is overly bland if anything. Bought a burger like this for meme value and regretted it, the mushroom was soggy as fuck too and released a pool of water when I cut it.

>mushroom
>a piece of avocado
>a slice of tomato
>sprouts

how many calories is that, like 50? jesus what a waste of time.

Sup fat boy

>released a pool of water when I cut it
That was my first thought when I saw the pic. Would really need to drain and dry the mushrooms before serving.

Yep. Been there done that.
It' a good idea in theory, but hard to get right. You have to remove the gills from the mushrooms, or they'll be too watery. Also, you can't over-grill them or they'll get too soft to pick up. Plus, you need 2 very similar in size and depth to really create a bun-like situation.
All in all, doable, but not recommended.

if you aren't going to use bread, don't make a sandwich
that would work better, in taste and texture, as a lettuce wrap

>Fatties going out of their way to get calories
I don't think so

>Bread is good
>mushroom a shit

why is this a thing?

you can't just call some randomly assorted vegetables between two pieces of mushroom a burger

you just can't

Yes so

this. if you are looking to cut back on meat but are still wanting to be a fat fuck and have ol double burger, swap a patty for a portabella.

holy fuck they forgot the piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeees reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That shit would fall apart so fast and make your hands greasy shits.

Do they not understand that only a small part of the population has gluten intolerance?

The biggest, most immediate problem here is that when you try to bite into the mushroom, you'll pull it off the sandwich.

Sup lady man

Anyone else who think it's just sad when vegetarians try to make their own versions of classical dishes?
Just feels extremely tryhard and pathetic.

It tends to give vegetarian cuisine a bad name. That being said, I'm supportive of experimentation. It's all well and good to say "vegetarians should only eat Indian food" but we'll never see anything new at that rate. With America's agricultural capacity there's no good reason why there shouldn't be a thriving American vegetarian food culture. It's kind of hard to do Indian veg food correctly without easy access to 50,000 kinds of chiles and pulses and rices and spices and fruits and vegetables native to India.

sup dyel

Yo I have some ports marinating right now. How would you recommend I grill them?

That's not a sandwich, it's a handheld salad.

thats only if you remove the black part

overpower is one word

>bun meme for vegetarian sandwiches?

Bread is already vegetarian though.

IT'S FUCKING GHERKINS REEEEEE

Maybe I just did it wrong but it was very wet. Vegetables are full of water.