I got in an argument with a waitress at my local sushi buffet because i asked for a to go box...

I got in an argument with a waitress at my local sushi buffet because i asked for a to go box. She said togos aren't allowed because people would just fill them up and take them home for another meal later. But all i wanted to do and promised was just take home the last few pieces of sushi i didn't eat. Otherwise the restaurant would have thrown it out and wasted it. I tipped $0 and am thinking about writing a negative yelp review. Who was in the wrong here Veeky Forums? I just didn't want the food to go to waste.

Kill yourself

>Things that didn't happen

most sushi buffets charge for wasted sushi, as they should

also you sound fucking intolerable

you're in the wrong, don't buy so much fucking sushi if you can't finish it you retard.

This is probably a ruse but in the event that its not, practically no sit in buffets allow for to go boxes. You normally choose between the two because a dine in person could simply eat all they wanted, pile full an extra plate they don't intend to eat there, and leave with it.

>She said togos aren't allowed because people would just fill them up and take them home for another meal later.

How? Why is it so difficult for the waitress to spend an extra 15 seconds to transfer what remains on your plate into a box?

Should have just used payed then used a clean handkerchief or napkin to take the rest home with you.

People like you don't realize that these businesses have rules that lower level employees like a waitress need to follow and won't break them because you think you deserve it. Or you know it and you just don't care.

This. It has nothing to do with the waitress, and everything to do with management yelling at her if she lets something like this happen.

I've actually seen people do this. You can pack sushi in one of those things real good. You could get two or three meals out of your average to go box.

bring your own box next time and fill it when nobody is looking

What's stopping from people overloading massively and then claiming the same shit you did? Where's the line? If there is a line, what's stopping people from straddling the line every time? I mean, it's common sense for the business even if it sucks for honest people.

Or he could fill his plate with a mountain of food, take a bite and say 'I'm feeling rather full, can I get a to go box'?

I was in a allyoucaneatbuffe on a cruise and was finishing the last bites of my sandwich while leaving and this angry girl stopped me and started yelling at me for stealing food.

buffets don't have goto boxes because mexicans and chinese would steal all the food.

if the buffet does have goto option, it's usually by the pound.

you are a faggot, op

people of any race would steal all the food

I don't know if it's the same at OP's place, but at a lot of all-you-can-eat sushi places they have a set price, provided that you eat everything you order. They charge you for each piece you don't eat. Otherwise people would order $100 worth of sushi, eat maybe a quarter of it, take the rest home and only pay $25 or so

If this happened you have issues

If this didn't happen you have issues

Wrap it up in a napkin, faggot.

Should have just stuffed them up your ass and saved them for later. Do it right in front of the waitress. That'll show her.

Op is a gay Fucking white male!

I feel like OP is irish stew guy.

Because he could deliberately get twice as much as he can eat on the plate, then get a bag at the end, claiming he was just saving his leftovers.

>buffet
>asked for a to go box.
That's a big no-no. Only put on your plate what you intend to eat, nothing more.
>She said togos aren't allowed because people would just fill them up and take them home for another meal later.
That is correct. If everyone loaded up their last plate, they would indeed get a 2nd meal. It's all you can eat, but it's all you can eat til fullness, not what you can eat again later after resting/digesting.
>Otherwise the restaurant would have thrown it out and wasted it.
That's your life lesson, dude. Don't be wasteful. Know yourself and only plate what you intend to eat especially if you don't like waste. Me? I waste a lot at a buffet of low quality. Things that look good, are often not worth eating. You of course don't know this while in line because you don't sample on your feet. My life lesson has taught me to make a bit of an appetizer plate to try things, various things, and then go back for what I truly enjoyed and have a bit of that with some of the rice.
>I tipped $0 and am thinking about writing a negative yelp review.
Both shitty. She cleared your table brought drinks and nicely (I hope) explained to an adult the rules of all buffets to your ignorant self.
>Who was in the wrong here Veeky Forums? I just didn't want the food to go to waste.
So don't put too much on your plate. Eat slower. Get more expert. Think about saving room for sherbet and cut yourself off sooner. Think 3 trips to the buffet and no more. Can a human consume more than 3 plates of food? Your stomach is sized like 3 decks of cards iirc. 1) soup/salad and assorted finger appetizers like gyoza or edamame or sushi maybe even a big plate to share with the table together 2) main entree and starch and veggies 3) ice cream, dessert and/or fruit

>That's a big no-no

So is replying to obvious troll posts

>I was in a allyoucaneatbuffe on a cruise
What difference would that make? Wherever it is you eat at next will still come out of the same overall price of the cruise at the end of the week, whether you go get a snack, order room service, or order from a waiter by the pool. Was this some kind of cruise where you paid for the restaurants or something?