I'm broke and need this to eat

Im truely desprate since im coming here for advice
I Needing things to eat that will cost me less then 15 dollars every 4-5 days. I've been living off Ramen and pizza rolls but I can't do that any more . This week is chicken and rice. But I need different stuff other wise it's back to pizza rolls. I might go out and shoot some animals and cook them up if my checks go any lower.

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/topics/our-best-pasta-recipes?page=6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How can ramen and pizza cost you less than chicken and rice?

Buy some beans.

They don't. Just tired of them the rice and chicken only cost me 8 dollars also and got another 2 days worth still.
I'm thinking I might go worth military MRE'S lol taste like shot but will do the job

Not OP, but in my area, many of the bargain grocers sell 10lb bags of frozen chicken leg quarters or chicken drumsticks for $3.

Even if the weight of the chicken has been doubled by saline (it hasn't), it would still be a good deal (60¢/lb) and since the epw of drumsticks is roughly 65%, it's still a better deal than boneless/skinless breast (which has an obvious epw of 100%, but costs far more; taking epw into account, even if the saline doubles the weight, the $3 bags of frozen drumsticks cost under 93¢ per lb of edible portion, meaning a 100g serving of meat costs only 21¢). Again, the actually cost would be even less than that because there's no way in fuck the chicken has been pumped so full of saline that its weight has been doubled. None.

>MREs
Enjoy not pooping. Just buy a variety of pastas m8, it's little more that $1 a box, some veg: spinach, shrooms, fresh Roma tomatoes. Pop the spinach and shrooms in the freezer. Some jarred roasted red pepper, artichoke, red & green pesto, anchovies, good jarred sauce (Victoria or Newmans if you can't find that), dried chili peppers, "Italian" seasoning, some basil. Some frozen shrimp. Buy a chicken breast or what ever to the meal to add some protein. That's a good larder starter. Add soy and fish sauce, you've just opened a whole new host of possibilities. It'll cost you some $ up front, but you gotta amortize that shit bro

Why did you say "I need different stuff other wise it's back to pizza rolls"?

Also , MREs aren't cheap, user. There's lots of packaging and they're a niche product.

The biggest problem here is that you obviously don't know how to budget your dollaridoos.
Pizza rolls are costly as fuck. $2 per box and they don't make you feel full. Even if you have no idea how to cook, you can get a little creative. For example: it was hot as fuck last night so I didn't feel like doing any real cooking. When it gets like this, I use instant rice. I never touch the stuff otherwise, only when it's really, really fucking hot and/or I'm sick and don't feel like cooking/can't actually do any cooking.

Cup of nstant rice, Cup of water, 2tbsp of butter, 1-2tbsp of curry powder, 1tbsp bit of dried onion, several handfuls of mixed veg and salt to taste. Mix. Nuke. Let sit. Eat.
700cal dinner. Quick, semi nutritious dinner (because veg) for under a buck. In fact, you could eat instant rice breakfast, lunch and dinner if you really don't know how to cook and want to scrape some change together.
Rice pudding with nuts and dried fruit for breakfast.
That pilaf-like rice thing I described for lunch.
Simple white rice as a side to chicken and veg for dinner. Three meals for under $5.

Chicken will feed you for a week or more, find a big pack of breasts with rib meat or thighs or whatever. If you can afford spices or curry powder you're lucky.

Get some bread and peanut butter for variety.

Eggs are a good source of protein.

Do you have any space to raise vegetables like lettuce or tomatoes? A home garden can be a lifesaver.

Don't forget dry pasta. Cheap, lasts forever if it's airtight.

Also pinhead oats/steel cut oats in a small Crock Pot a cup to 4 cups of water, kick it off at ten at night and it'll be ready to eat by six the next morning. Very cheap and very filling with some honey and a little cinnamon.

Don't be bashful about talking to your local butcher and asking if they have anything that's too far gone to sell, but still edible.

Rice, chicken, beans, broccoli. I used to eat this all the time when I was on foodstamps.

Cook your rice, cook your beans, cook your chicken, cook your broccoli. Put everything in a big pot. Put some in your bowl. Serve with some sort of sauce and cheese if you can afford either.

Also, bologna and fried egg and cheese sandwiches are pretty great for breakfast/lunches (I only ever ate twice a day, so one of those sandwiches and then the aforementioned rice mix for supper).

I can get a bag of 120 for 5 bucks most times.
20 a night
And I know people I get the boxes that must have fallen out the truck every so often

Here are a ton of ideas to cherry pick from that are nutritious and require very little skill to prepare, use them as templates, and feel free to use frozen/canned veg & meat: cooking.nytimes.com/topics/our-best-pasta-recipes?page=6 stock your larder with the basics and you'll be ace. I live rather frugally with the stuff mentioned above (+ eggs, sour cream 1/2&1/2, green onions, potatoes, onions, chocolate - for dessert).

I really think that someone should make a "Veeky Forums guide to poorfag cooking." Every few days there's a I'm sick of eating Spaghetti-o's and I only have $15 to last me until next paycheck! thread

Great chicken recipie
>buy chicken from Aldi or other cheap place
>mustard
>red pepper flakes if you got em, if not some kind of chilli powder is fine
>garlic salt, NOT ALLOT
>little bit of rosemary
>pepper
>oil to make it a nice paste
>sprinkle of lemon juice
Coat the chicken, cook on 340 ish for about an hour. It's a winner in my house every time. Serve over that cheap ass korr rice side shit.

Boom.

make chili without the ground beef, just get all vegetables that are on sale and some beans and yourw good to go with 10eus per 4 days

recently I started making tortillas, its cheap
flour + milk, very easy to make and delicious

fill them with chicken, salad tomatoes onions whatever the fuck you want and some sauce like mayonnaise

make the mayo yourself too of course

its all really cheap if you dont buy overpriced meat and veggies and really good

look for tuna cans on discount jefe

There used to be a sticky with one

There never was. Why do you lie?

Ramen, a bag of frozen chicken breasts, rice, a dozen eggs

The possibilities with those ingredients are endless

learn how to cook then make split second mealprep decisions at the meat aisle when you find the cheapest acceptable protein.

>chicken thigh for 89 cents/lb
I'm making coq au vin for the week with rice

>beef shanks $1/lb
slow braised beef ragu with pasta

>$3/lb ground beef
every day is taco day

>every day is taco day

this made me laugh, thank you. Have a good day!

>>$3/lb ground beef
>every day is taco day

Thank god for post memorial day sales. I still have frozen beef from those cheap beef salad days.

>Rice pudding with nuts and dried fruit for breakfast.

Fuck I love rice pudding, and that sounds delicious

I may give that a go on the weekend. Any tips?