Do you eat coq au vin with red wine because it's been cooked in it already...

Do you eat coq au vin with red wine because it's been cooked in it already, or with white wine because it's still white meat?

Other urls found in this thread:

vinography.com/archives/2008/03/food_and_wine_pairing_is_just.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's not white meat.

How so?
I could understand considering chicken liver to be red meat, but the flesh is certainly white.

If you have to ask I'd suggest a coke.

it's the legs. they're darker.

anyway you can drink white wine with it if it's an appropriate wine. pairing is not as simple as 'red with red', white with white'. however, it is pretty traditional and obviously makes a certain kind of sense to drink the wine you cooked it in.

Wine pairing is bullshit, just so you know. It was basically invented to sell expensive wine. Even sommeliers will tell you that it's extremely subjective unless they have their head up their own ass.

>it's an 'i don't understand nuance' episode

a significant degree of subjectivity doesn't make the whole practice bullshit. stop fapping to penn and teller.

>frogposter meme
>implying you know anything
>implying I haven't worked in high end restaurants and talked to plenty of wine fags that admit it's all bullshit and you shouldn't just drink what you like

rude

Technically the breast and wings are white meat, while the thighs and drumsticks are dark meat - though many people also consider the wings to be dark meat.

Regardless, it would be retarded to drink white wine with a dish that's main flavor is red wine.

i'm more interested in what insights your uncle has to give on nintendo to be honest.

>nobody on Veeky Forums could have ever worked in a nice restaurant. IMPOSSIBLE!

lol faggot

I got paid fucking peanuts and I was never a chef. Got out of the industry because it's backbreaking work and it wasn't for me. However, I do know a fair bit about food and flavors. Wine pairing is complete bullshit because you can get reds and whites that taste similar and you can get wines of the same style that taste completely different because of where they were made, vintage, etc.

I'm not saying knowing stuff about wine is bullshit, but wine pairing as most people know it is just a scam started to sell the most expensive wine you can get away with. Like you said, it's got a "significant degree of subjectivity". Beer pairing is probably a more accurate science because it is easier to replicate flavors from batch to batch and the styles are more defined.

vinography.com/archives/2008/03/food_and_wine_pairing_is_just.html

This sums it up pretty well and is more eloquent than my shitposting

You must be so rich in culture and taste, what with all that backbreaking work within walking distance of people with culture and taste.

>nobody on Veeky Forums could have ever worked in a nice restaurant. IMPOSSIBLE!

didn't say that. i have also worked in fine dining.

> Wine pairing is complete bullshit because you can get reds and whites that taste similar and you can get wines of the same style that taste completely different because of where they were made, vintage, etc.

this doesn't make it bullshit at all. how the fuck would this make it bullshit. the fact that you have a red and a white that taste similar means that you can pair them with similar things. the fact that wines of a similar style but with differences in other factors taste different means that they can be paired with different things. and subjectivity is another layer on top of this. this is all detail that actually informs the person making decisions regarding pairing, it doesn't make pairing a futile exercise.

>when your insult is so vague nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about

>backpedaling when
>n-n-no me too really!
yeah ok, kid. literally go back to /v/

>it doesn't make pairing a futile exercise.

no but it makes it almost entirely subjective and anyone that tells you you can't pair x with y is full of shit and especially if they are a sommolier that works for the restaurant you're at

i'm not backpedalling, you're claiming to have privileged redpilled information on the industry, which you aren't. i have worked as a line cook and done 'backbreaking work' in a fine dining restaurant and i don't make the authoritative claims you are making. probably because you are bullshitting. the fact that it's not at all remarkable or praiseworthy to work in that context only makes it all the more pathetic that you are pretending.

>no but it makes it almost entirely subjective

none of what you listed makes it subjective. it *is* subjective, but none of what you listed is anything other than an objective difference.

>anyone that tells you you can't pair x with y

no can't. just 'does not pair well with'. and while there's no accounting for taste, a sommelier is trained in making recommendations that are generally sound.

>>when your insult is so vague nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about
I am telling you that you are like a town hall janitor who think he's a political whizzkid.

The reason I'm explaining something that is obvious is because certain people need things drilled into them with continual repetition.

>getting so BTFO that you double post because you can't stop boiling over

>getting so btfo that all you can do is cry samefag

Yep, there's only one person on earth who thinks you're a shithead.

Im going to interrupt the muh pairings shit post train to point out that this chap was too retarded to realize that red vs white meat is not the same as light vs dark.

What the fuck with red and white meat? That was referring to the wine.

I always pair a heavier dish with robust and earthy flavors with a red wine and a lighter dish with bright flavors with a white wine by rule of thumb.