Going to try and buy the dip and put £70K (I'm in the UK obviously) on BTC through Coinbase, is this a good idea?

Going to try and buy the dip and put £70K (I'm in the UK obviously) on BTC through Coinbase, is this a good idea?

How much am I going to get fucked by unavoidable fees?
*Is* there a way to avoid fees somehow, either going from the bank account to Coinbase or for buying BTC with the EUR that gets sent to Coinbase?

Buy on gdax not coinbase, GDAX is linked to it but better because your buying from a market

fuck I hate helping new friends

buy on localbitcoins

This is the 1st time I'm buying a significant amount so I'm more concerned with fees. Only bought smallfry amounts before.
So I guess there's no way to avoid the initial fees when going from UK bank acct to Coinbase?
kthx will check it out

you are fucking retarded use gdax

send SEPA to gdax, then buy on gdax.
only trading fee and thats 0.1%

That is if you plan on keeping them on the exchange

you should really read up on this

buy on local bitcoins.
If you're sure it's 70k you want to put in, buy 5k/day to cost average incase you end up buying all 70k prior to a dip.

Why gdax? Please let us know :)

Just checking this out, looks shady as fuck. Is this legit because the prices look too good to be true.

lol look up what local bitcoins is

also dont come to biz for advice your gonna get stabbed

Yes, obviously only buy from highly rated people and do online transactions, not face to face cash. You will get stabbed that way.

Unless you got a lot of cash to launder and a gun, then go for it.

Source: Sold plenty of BTC on there and bought too.

>not face to face cash
I don't think anyone is retarded enough to do f2f, at least on Veeky Forums. I meant online escrow, even that seems shady.

If escrow is not enabled, do I just not fucking bother?
Why the fuck would anyone trust a cunt on the internet, especially some local piece of crap?

Yes, it uses escrow, it's fine, just bought 2k more today. Only go for 100% rate with 100+ positive comments.

No I meant if the site says that escrow isn't enabled for a specific seller, then do I just not bother because of the risk?
I'm not doing face-to-face shit, sorry I'm not that retarded.

>send SEPA to gdax, then buy on gdax.
>only trading fee and thats 0.1%

pretty sure gdax has a 0.30% fee for eur/eth. no fee to withdraw it to an exchange though, unlike on coinbase.

sign up to bitstamp. 0.25% fee instead for an instant card purchase. no withdrawal fee to an exchange. takes about a week to sign up to it at the moment though.

note: i recieved the email on the left from gdax earlier today.

yea dont even fucking think about buying 80k of btc without escrow

i don't have a coinbase account
how much right now from btc?

*for not from

Yeah, figures. I don't even get how the motherfucker is offering a face-to-face sale, I mean are there people actually risking this shit? It's fucking crazy.
Just fucking crazy.

People who want to pay cash for BTC are laundering money, think about the type of people that do that. Hint: drug dealers. BTC is the latest greatest and easiest method to launder money. BTC --> XMR --> wallet --> different wallet ---> back to exchange. Washed. Cash out in a different country, connect an credit card/american express to that account and you're golden.

fuck
makes sense though. no wonder the governments are going crazy trying to regulate this (though we all know they can't, unless they shut down the entire internet at the same time).

>makes sense though. no wonder the governments are going crazy trying to regulate this (though we all know they can't, unless they shut down the entire internet at the same time).

Exactly, the only way to regulate is to reel in the big exchanges and make them hand details over about their customers.

As an aside to this, I'm considering cashing out a bit in Isle of Man/Jersey eventually, and the rest via seychelles + american express. Fuck it.

Is this to avoid taxes? I'm looking for ways to do the same. We bongs need to start sharing info on this more regularly because we are getting fucked quite hard by CGT and other shitty taxes.

Yep, I cashed out my inital depost (16.5k) six weeks ago during the first market crash this year. Reinvesting now before the next bull run this Spring/Summer (whenever it'll be).

We can take 11.5k CGT free per year, so I'll likely take that through normal means.

Cashing out in Jersey will make sense if I have take out a big sum in one go. Otherwise, cashing out slowly into a tax haven (Seychelles is pretty good) and connecting an AE card for spending is a reasonable alternative.