Best Houston Experience?

I have a friend who has come from another country to visit Houston. They've never been before and well anyone from Houston knows how non-touristy the city is.

I've been trying to decide on a place to take them so that they can get a good view of the city. Does anyone have any experience with The Spindletop? It seems stupidly expensive for the food quality but maybe the view and experience make up for that? Other there any other recommendations?

I know I'm taking them at least to FuFu in Bellaire since they love Chinese cuisine. They want to go to NASA so I also would appreciate someone in the Clear Lake/Webster area chiming in for any must-experience places there. This is more about good experiences in America period over just Houston but may as well hit up both.

Ah well, I figured as much.

Thanks anyways, Veeky Forums

Stick around, this thread will be up for days. Also Veeky Forums happens to have an unusually large number of houstonians who post here.

Try /trv/ you fat ugly faggot

I actually didn't bump it until it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list. I was surprised at how far it fell. Guess it was when I posted.

As has mentioned, this board has a lot of Houstonians and this has everything to do with food. I don't give a fuck about where to sightsee or how to get around the city.

Tan Tans off Richmond near amc 30 is a great place to eat at night, cheap and fucking amazing. best Chinese food I have had in Houston. I recommend the wonton soup with flat rice noodles. but for city view B&B is good and is proof bar but spindle top is the best option

Isn't Tan Tan Viet? Not that I am disagreeing with your choice, it's great. Thanks for the suggestions.

it's both. more Chinese options than viet ones imo. there's lots of Greek food near clear lake that you could try out, if you want to go cheap I'm sure there's a dimassis around there as well. baba yega is also an "unusual" dining experience also aquarium restaurant or whatever it's called. if youre hanging out in large groups you can't go wrong with a Brazilian steakhouse. loving hut is good and cheap and tastes amazing despite everything being vegan

Hmm... I hadn't considered that they've probably never had Greek food. They are from Korea. Baba Yega I've heard bad things about food wise, but I mean I guess it is a novelty. It'll just be us. Good call on Loving Hut, I might also hit up something like Local Foods and walk her around Rice Village.

>FuFu

Didn't the 2 owners have an argument and split the name between two restaurants?

OP, this is a slower board. Give it a few days and a few people will offer their feedback.

I'd help you myself but I'm from Austin and I've only been to Houston a few times.

studio movie grill is also entertainment and good food. you could take her to the Hong Kong mall and count rats

I thought it was that they just did so much fucking business that they kept the cafe and then opened a more family style tabled place. I prefer the restaurant to the cafe and recommend you get the salt-toasted squid as one of your dishes. Fucking delicious.

I'm actually curious too. I go to the same few restaurants and don't know any good places in my area

Best Houston Experience?

Seeing the skyline in my rear view mirror.

What part of town, sempai?

>I also would appreciate someone in the Clear Lake/Webster area

I grew up there. There are plenty of competent places to eat around there, but honestly none of them are good enough to warrant special notice. There used to be a lot of really good hole-in-the-wall seafood places in Kemah (very close by), but alas most of that was decimated by hurricane a few years ago. Now that area is rebuilt but it's all overpriced touristy bullshit.

You want a great dining experience? Chinatown (Bellaire) is where it's at. Stick with that.

Are there restaurants in Houston? I thought it was only parking lots and 8-lane freeways

stantons city bites is not a bad place to eat

So many that I think I've eaten at a different one every 2-3 months my entire life (I'm 24).

And fuck you for reminding me about Astro World.

There's a lot of interesting food trucks now

Are there any smokehouses or whatever you call them in Houston?
I unironically want to go to Texas to try one of those. Truly a unique American experience I presume.

If you're looking for fine dining I'd say Oxheart or Pax Americana

Around the River Oaks area

fucking tons, Rudys is the cheap one everyone likes, B&B is the fancy stuff though.

There's an old wooden shack place called 529 BBQ, it's god the old feel and it's good if you get there early, open 10ish until 4ish. I think it's the best BBQ in Houston, there's a giant fucking rattlesnake skin on the wall.

The owner is also bro-tier.

Rudy's is a damn chain