What kind of breakroom/kitchen does your office have...

What kind of breakroom/kitchen does your office have? Is it just a table with 2 seats and a microwave or is it like pictured? What else does your work breakroom/kitchen have in stock?

>is it like pictured?
Chairs too high for low coffee table.
Stools about aesthetics not comfort, not enough overhang for sitting under bar, 4 chairs where only 3 fit when seated. Fridge without hygenic ice dispenser in group setting. No other seating options.
Lack of high cabinets. Stupid backsplash tiles instead, as if cooking is going on.
Worlds smallest microwave sure to burn popcorn.

It has lovely lighting, though none over the actual table. Guess you don't want to read some actual work while you eat.

That's a toaster oven, man.

>office

lmao

I work in a kitchen and graze/taste as I work, and am also entitled to make pretty much anything I want for my meal during a shift using top of the line equipment, which I usually pack up to eat at home or save for breakfast or lunch, and pretty much never have to spend money on food.

The break room is the back alley where we chain smoke and sit on milk crates.

>living the dream

>The break room is the back alley where we chain smoke and sit on milk crates.

That sounds comfy as fuck.

I was just thinking that.
What a lucky bastard.
I work in a factory and they sell us soggy chicken sandwhiches and cold onion rings. Everything's fucking cold and if it isnt, then it's molten hot and tough.
I've gotten compleatly undercoocked burgers often. Not rare, straight up burnt on the outside and cold on the inside. One lady threatened to go to the health depth and the cook snatched the burger and tossed it in the trash then screeched about how stressful his job was.
He still works. this place sucks.
Also, tiny cups of week old 'fruit salad' for 2.50

I work in a warehouse and our breakroom is the saddest stained white nightmare with the smelliest old appliances

Our agency is in a remodeled house. We gutted the kitchen to make room for the printer and other large office items. The area that was the sink/prep part of the kitchen, we remodeled into a tiny space with a microwave and fridge. I mean really tiny. Only one person can fit in there at a time. But there are only 5 of us, and most of us have lunch meetings or go out to eat anyway so it's no biggie.

I have a mini fridge in my office, which is pretty nice. It tempts me to stay at my desk for lunch, though, which isn't good. Slippery slope for work/life balance.

Yeah it can really impact your mental health if you never leave work. I read a study that the whole 'live at work' lifestyle provided by companies like Google actually makes for more stressed employees. Your mind needs to separate from your job, you know?

I've read the same type of studies. It's important to get out and walk around.

For sure. I haven't fallen for the lunch at the desk trap yet, but it's tempting when my workloads pile up.

I should get on that PokemonGO thing so I have motivation to leave the office during lunch for a stroll.

Just leave and smoke a joint bro lmao ur boss will understand unless he a faget

I work in a factory that builds kitchens, bathrooms and does shop fitting and heaps of other shit like that.

Our lunch room is made from left over panels and bench tops left over from jobs we have done.
I actually cut the main bench top out on a CNC machine that we use in our lunch room.

Other than that it has 4 microwaves, 2 fridges and a water boiler.

The office has a minifridge, a water cooler, a drip coffee machine, and the top two shelves of a filing cabinet full of coffee bags and cans, a jar of instant, teas, and sugar.

Down the hall is a kitchenette with a sink, full fridge, decent microwave, and an espresso machine.

In the main building is the employee lounge. 4 TVs, some computers and touchscreen games, a shit-ton of small tables that you can re-arrange to accommodate the size of your group, breakfast buffet from 4-10, lunch/dinner rotating menu buffet from 10-4.

Everything's free.

There are certain charms to being a line cook, but overall they are heavily outweighed by the stresses and low pay and terrible work environment of being a line cook. Even having a team of people that gets along well enough not to thrown pans across the kitchen on occasion is kind of rare in 90% of restaurants that aren't high end.

I guess it depends on the person. I found it really cozy when I had that option to be honest. I only went out for lunch or ate away from my desk when friends or co-workers insisted I join them. Even then, I wouldnt want to leave. I even slept at my work. I would get drunk when everyone leaves, watch movies and browse, head across the street grab wings or order a pizza. Sleep under the desk like Constanza with alarm set to wake up before anyone got in the next day. I really liked the area. Saved me $10 a day on gas sleeping there.

I work in a local computer repair shop

we have a small circular table with a microwave, and a keurig coffe maker, there's a bottle of opened light balsamic dressing, twe packs of non dairy coffee creamer, and dunkin' donuts k cups medium roast, there's a chick fil a bag with random sauces, and some cups and disposable forks, bottles of water under the table, there is not break room, we sit in office chairs and shitpost irl, and usually order out for lunch

Our break situation is pretty similar except for milk crates it's the old stone and metal staircase behind the bar next door.

Heh sounds like a NEET at work. I envy you 2bh

well, I am a NEET now. Fuckin job no longer exists. Don't think I'll be able to score one like that again with the main office key/alarm code and access to everywhere. Took me 5 years to get the key and code. I was always ready to make an excuse if someone walked in late one night while I was wasted, drinking beer watching shows/movies at my desk. I played alot of Counterstrike there.....

5 microwaves, 2 long tables, and a fridge.

It wasn't glamorous.

>Fuckin job no longer exists.
what happened?

I work in a prison and whilst technically there is a break room up front in the administration building which has vending machines and a microwave most of us prefer taking a break in south yard break room which has a fridge and some inmate made chairs and a desk and so on. We do most of our eating and gambling there because one of the C.O.s runs a "store" out of a file cabinet so we don't have to use the vending machines up front with their jacked up prices.

Kek

We gambled at work too.

>some inmate made chairs and a desk and so on
I know what your meaning but i cant help but just imagine a scene where you guys start get to work and there are some innocent inmates that are all like "Onii-chan look what i made for you"

I know someone that works there and I've been to the office and people told me that they feel this way. They're making a lot of money so they think it's worth it.

That's pretty cute

I work at the home office of a fairly large clothing brand. The cafeteria there is fucking awesome. There are separate stations for deli, salad bar, brick oven pizzas, grill, and a station that has some kind of ethnic food. Entire menu for everything changes everyday. You can typically eat a good lunch for about 8 bucks including a drink.

i work in accounts for an o&g company, company breakfast and lunch is served there and its free! normal food and indian food for some reason, lots of curry rice and samosas along with catering. the room is kinda small for whats shoved in there but other than that its fine.