TACO THREAD

Post your rare tacos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ptD-53wQRl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No need. Your pic is good enough.

so your /pol/ thread didn't make the cut, huh?

I usually start with a base of stewed beef, though I sometimes substitute roasted cauliflower or stewed lentils if I want to be a little healthier.

Instead of slapping plain greens on there I usually make a slaw. If I have cabbage around I use that and make it crunchy, but if I only have salad greens usually I make a simple herb slaw with cilantro and basil (doesn't seem like it would go, but it does).

Pico de gallo, always. Sometimes I make a blended sauce as well, but I always try and get some fresh salsa on there.

Thug Kitchen has great recipes for vegan tacos that you can improve with whatever meat- or egg-based stuff you want. Tacos and burritos are some of my favorite meals to make.

I've got you fampailam, tacos incoming.

Those looks bloody tasty

Want some taco with your cilantro?

want some pepper with your salt :^)

I like them with extra cilantro tbqh sir

Jesus christ, cut up that cilantro you lazy cunt.

Plate condom

I honestly don't know how people can stomach so much cilantro on their tacos. I made tacos a few weeks ago and I used cilantro in the amount that it's always shown in these photos and the smell was absolutely overpowering, let alone the taste, which completely masked anything else that might have had flavor in the taco. I don't know if you all just got really old and flavorless cilantro or what the deal is but this is retarded.

>tfw love tacos and mexican food so much
>tfw beaner but raised white
>tfw don't know spanish
>tfw you can hear mexicans behind the counter mock you and your whiteboy accent
>tfw rarely get mexican food because inevitable mocking
I just want to be accepted
Fuck racemixing guys, don't do it

>tfw it will never return

Pretty good tacos but no menudo
Learn to speak Spanish homebre

tacos are such an infantile dish it is no wonder they are so popular in fatclapistan

>you put da meates on da flatted bread and den u put da colourful things on eeeeeehhehehehehe *clap clap clap*

>living in The United Arab European Emirates Not my fault you fuckers don't know how to make goat taste good(maybe don't fill them with your semen before slaughter)

The rarest

> caring about other people's opinions

this is why your people are inferior

>we want the creeper audience

Client hardwell Rinker Rinker

>called arab tacos
>made out of pork
I don't get it but they taste great so I don't care

>Fuck racemixing guys, don't do it
how about instead of blaming boogeymen you just stop being so lazy and learn spanish. it's one of the easiest languages to learn for native english speakers and if you really care about this you should have some strong motivation to get it done quickly.

>Taco thread
>no taco shells
What the hell how do you even call that a taco?

That's not a taco, its a folded chalupa

>I made a dish once and an ingredient was overpowering,
>I don't know if literally every single other instance of this dish being made is wrong, or what

Oi m8

How quickly?

Hard shell taco is best taco.

Made Carne Asada tacos at work a little while ago. Bretty gud.

No papalo... Reeeeeeee

Spanish should be banned in the US

I'm never going to understand these fucking things

>yellow corn

Disqualified.
0/10 unfit for human consumption.

I tried my hand at making street tacos yesterday with some chuck eye but it didn't come out as good as I had hoped. I cut the meat into smallish cubes and tossed it with cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder, and olive oil. Then I heated up a cast iron and poured a decent amount of oil in and tried to sear the meat, but too much liquids came out so I had to take it all again and cooked them in smaller batches. There was a ton of smoke and I ended up with some a mediocre taste, and there wasn't enough oil to bring out the flavor either. I don't really want to use too much oil and it was a bitch to heat up the tortillas since I used a little oil in the skillet. Any tips?

dont use olive oil. use corn or veg oil
butterfly the steak dont chop your meat
marinate with a little squeezed orange juice the juice of a couple of limes
2-3 garlic cloves smashed some toasted coriander seeds ground up. salt and white pepper and a dash of maggi.

Hard tacos are the worst in my honest opinion family.

>looking at pic
>allergic to peppers, tomatoes, and lime
>mfw
i would still eat it

>Qdoba'a Two Timer

Post more tåcœs

1st attempt x_x novice cook, don't hate D:

hey Veeky Forums i tried to make homemade wraps from wheat flour typ 405, i mixed 50g or flour with 1g of baking powder and 30ml of water, the dough came out smooth after a few minutes of kneading but i can not get it thin. It pulls itself together when i roll it flat with a rolling pin

i followed this tutorial youtu.be/ptD-53wQRl8 but it does not work for me.

is typ 405 the wrong flour for a tortilla?

God I'm sorry but more then half of these tacos look like, like white people tacos. If your not from South Texas (Mexico in a nut shell) or the bottom half of California. Boii you have never had real Mexican food

iirc it's because the cooking method was adapted from middle-eastern immigrants though they changed the meat and most places don't serve them with the pita-type bread they were originally paired with.

The place I go to was opened by a guy who used to raise goats in mexico.
You shouldn't be so proud of your ignorance and arrogance.

Had this for lunch today from a food cart.
London is probably the best city in the world for food right now.

my penis can only get so erect

>London is probably the best city in the world for food right now.

said absolutely nobody ever

You'll never know, cleetus.

Lol, I don't Remember saying it directly to your comment or picture. I said more then half, which means i might have not directed it at you(just saying). also just because you raised goat in Mexico doesn't make you the amazing Mexican cook. Everything that is used to cook real authentic Mexican food is found closer to the boarder; I'm sorry that is just a fact. The farther up north you go, the harder it is to get the ingredients or certain food items you cook with. You don't mind me asking what state you live in

That's a good looking salad wrap.

london nyc and tokyo are definitely the places to be for food

You're using the wrong cut of meat and wrong marinade/seasonings. You don't fry the tortillas either.

>shell

I mean, a tortilla topped with meat and vegetables is pleb enough.

>triple-wrapping your tacos

>claims to know anything about Mexican food
>"authentic"

fail

London has great food. All different types.

In no order, these places I really enjoyed for the quality and variety of different cuisines.

New York
London
Sicily
Toronto
Lisbon
Morocco (I love Falafal there)

What do you mean wrong seasonings? Plenty of recipes have the spices I used.

bullshit. name some ingredients one cannot obtain further north.

california.

it isnt worth it. i am the same as you. i speak a bit of spanish though but look spanish. chicanos (mexicans born in america) are hated by mexican mexicans. tejanos (texmex) hate chicanos and mexicans. mexicans and chicanos are always butthurt because tejanos hate illegals and chicanos keep pretending to be tejanos. and argentinafags, hondurasfags, salvsdorianfags, guadalajarafags etc etc all hate each other but hate mexicans the most. fucking hate being latino

why can't you lot be less racist to each other?

i don't hate germans

>why live

>tfw too lazy to dice up asada meat and make my own tacos
I pass by my taco truck amigo every day and I would feel guilty if I stopped visiting him once a week