Will privacy coins survive?

Explain to me why governments wouldn't just ban them.

how can u ban them? worst comes to worst store them in some shit whole in africa and use vps to get them

if they are truly private, how can the government know about them and prevent them.

theres only one privacy coin anyway, monero. and no, it probably wont thanks to second layers and the provable privay you can layer onto second layer networks easily.

but thats a long way away. if you need privacy today youre stuck with monero until btc/eth get to it.

Because it's not possible to ban them. This is a very difficult concept for newfags to grasp, but I mean this. No government in the entire world is currently capable of banning cryptocurrencies, especially privacy coins. That's how powerful this stuff is.

sure you'll find some backalley hick to sell you coins but they will hardly moon in such a situation
best case they're worth a few bucks at that point

literally the hardest thing related to crypto for them to potentially ban.
go hard after the banks and you might tank the value and pop the speculation bubble around stuff like bitcoin.

but you can't stop the signal.

nigger alcohol mooned when it got banned
drugs moon when it got banned

>It is not about goverments shutting down the the tech it will be about shutting down (these guys can get creative) the exchanges, tho the point we get to here

Dont understand this comparisons, drugs and alcohol give pleasure, people are addicted and will use regardless of laws, this is what creates the profit incentive, how does this compare?

Almost all privacy coins will get JUSTed except for 1 or 2, and the next time someone leaks US government documents it'll come to light that their teams are working for intelligence agencies.

Screencap this.

drug dealers, terrorists and people laundering money are gonna make them moon user

What signals does a government send when they decide to ban something and they do it with little debate or opposition?

To me it signals that you need to buy those coins cause they're planning to fuck you up.

Being able to control your own finances and making transactions without some evil psychopathic monsters (which is what all governments are) knowing about it also gives you a spiritual ecstasy which people will seek no matter what.

only that the average person is not a tinfoil hat faggot and cares more about the security of his money not anonymity

If only there was some form of currency that was untraceable and private for me to buy drugs with
Oh, kys

Jesus he's so fat and disgusting. How can you vote for this thing?

all you really need is a privacy coin that markets itself to be used by businesses and banks, that way the govt is forced to look the other way

pic related

>government will allow businesses to be anonymous and avoid taxes
LUL

you can just use decentralised exchanges to switch bitcoin to a privacy one
THEY CAN NOT WIN
this is why there is so much FUD
just hodl and in 5 years you made it

Gov will say that crypto was used to finance the next "terrorist" attack and will outlaw its use for sake of banks. You are either with us or you are with the terrorists.