I fancy an omelette but I'm new to cooking and kinda close to poor...

I fancy an omelette but I'm new to cooking and kinda close to poor, I have some disposable income atm but anyway I have two eggs but I hate plain food, my poorly worded question for you lot would be is there anything I can buy to liven up a two egg omelette???

Cheese
Mushrooms
Red Onions
Spinach
Asparagus
Eggs go with a lot of things.

Cheap cheese, onions, any cold cuts of meat, ketchup, pepper, any leftovers you may have in the fridge

>Telling someone short on cash to buy red onion, mushrooms and asparagus
Kys

scrabbled eggs with cut up hotdogs, add some hot sauce, done.

Thanks for the suggestions, I might go with pepper and scallions for now. I have a veggie market near me anyway so it's dead cheap.

Tomatoes, bell pepper

Just raid the local community garden of green onions. Hell I planted about three feet of green onions and have no idea what the fuck to do with them. I use one every day but I still have like 40+ Some are almost as thick as a bottleneck and i fear will taste bitter.

>eggs go with a lot of things

Amen.

I agree about the red onions, regular yellow onions are just fine for an omelette, but I don't understand your problem with mushrooms. White button mushrooms are really cheap and you don't need more than 1 or 2 to make an omelette.

Best is spinach though

I can't stand tomatoes, it's probably due to the fact I've never eaten one that didn't taste of water. That's it, that's all I can ever taste, water.

Before coming to Veeky Forums I had never met anyone who didn't like tomatoes, but this place is full of them. What gives? Also I've seen people saying they "taste like water" many times, what shit tomatoes are you people eating? Tomatoes are delicious.

What kind of tomatoes do you eat? I don't have much experience with them save for the generic tomato.

if you never had it do a classic french omelette,
it needs 3 eggs and nothing else, and its one of my favorite things in the world.
im sure there are instructional videos on youtube

Blue cheese and sauteed onions. The blue cheese really helps the omelette taste richer.

Just regular tomatoes, but I'm from a fruit exporting country so I guess they're superior quality, bright red, kinda orange, not that whited out shade that you see in supermarket tomatoes, and very aromatic.

the best ingredients for omelette are legitimately foie gras, lobster and truffle. this is the truth, regardless of how inconvenient it is. without one of those ingredients it's hardly worth it.

>it needs 3 eggs and nothing else
It needs butter.

He said he was kind of poor, cock jockey.
Learn some reading comprehension.

>without one of those ingredients it's hardly worth it.
maybe you should read? I'm saying he shouldn't even bother with an omelette

>community garden
Never heard of such a thing. Where do you live?

>hardly worth it
as opposed to:
>shouldn't even bother
Learn some reading comprehension.

>I'm saying he shouldn't even bother with an omelette
Do you're admitting to contributing nothing to the thread?

*So

no, my contribution is to advice them to do something else with the eggs.
both can be applied in the context.
Hardly worth it literally means "it's pretty much not worth it under most circumstances"