**General BitMEX Thread**

I'm tired of watching my portfolio bleed.
Experienced leverage traders-- what are your strategies and methods that keep you from getting liquidated?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/zu_zata
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

use more margin lulz

>what are your strategies and methods that keep you from getting liquidated?
stop trading on margin

BUT I WANT TO BE A MILLIONAIRE NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fucked up and lost all my money.
But go and do 100x leverage unironically. gamble the shit out of it.

this, made 7X my money in 1 week on 25X leverage. go for it user.

Hahahahaha

I posted my gains yesterday, shorted on bounces from 11650. 25x leverage 90% of the time, withdrew everything today. If you have any questions, shoot them at me.

lost half my stack on bitmex. fun. the worst thing is i don't care... iv'e reached the place of no care. this should be bad shouldnt it?

yes. i have questioroodoo. How?

easiest money you'll ever make. Just one trade @ x50 and you can triple your stack. Even higher.

Buy overextended pumps/dumps. I always invested twice the amount on shorts than I did on longs, and most of my losses came on buying overextended dumps (although still heavily in green there as well), since I knew that the next dump would come inevitably. Then sit patiently and wait for profits, never sell at a los

25x leverage is where it's at, seriously its the best lev of the lot, best risk reward balance IMO

Best advice I can give beginners.

>Trade overextended dumps/pumps
>Never, ever weakhand sell your position, if close to liquidation, add margin (the volatility will bring you back and beyond eventually)
>Never use more than 25x margin, 50x and 100x will get you liquidated by the whim of one whale sell/buyorder
>Never chase pump/dumps

#2 on the ROE leaderboard here.
strategy is to close before getting margin called

How am i supposed to know a dump or pump is overextended?

Could you specify and explain in laymans the following terms and how it applys practically in this context

Margin
“Chase”
25x 50x 100x
Leverage

Stop pulling my leg!

I am #4 too on the ROE leaderboard. Trick is to start with small amount and work your way up.

You guys make me look like an amateur in comparison. Any tips?

Fuck these bs names... hit me up at [email protected] i wanna be rich too!

Yeah I did that a couple of times when I felt like I was in a losing position that would not come back any time soon. It seems as if you close literally cents before liquidation you get 15-50% ROI depending on your leverage

Can you just let me shadow your trades? I'm only half joking. Lol.

I'm too low iq to into TA but shiiiieeeeeeet a retards gotta pay rent somehow. Heh

it's not gonna happen NOW you dummy
you have to take losses if it moves against you
trade the "events" the big resistance points

That's the worst advice I've seen. Never take losses. I've been -50-90% ROI many times, and 95% of these position came back and eventually flew into the green again.

what about stops ?

Would you go long or short now?

Im thinking about shorting for long-term 10x. Am i fucked and how badly?

if you're trading events like I said, then you have to take losses or it'll move too far away
i'm not talking 3x wait it out boring stuff here i'm talking big money

I thought you were playing with margin. You can't "hodl" a 25x leveraged position, you'd get liquidated with a 4% move against your entry.

I usually do everything to avoid liquidation/selling at a loss. I shorted at 11590, I was down >50% when it flew to 11800, but surely enough it came down and eventually I was up 300%. This is the last trade I made before cashing out, this one was also in the red for a long time as it flew to 10450.

You can, you add margin, 4% moves doesn't happen on a whim, only a few times did I have to add margin to avoid liquidation.

you can't add margin to a 25x pos mate
unless you're playing with peanuts

Are you kidding? I only use 5-10% of my total on each trade, I can add enormous amounts of margin.

Okay. Do they require anything on BitMex in terms of minimum capital or personal data? Can anyone just make an account and margin trade?

Damn man how woke are you?
All jokes aside, congrats. Do you do any heavy TA or is that just a meme?

Nothing. Deposited and withdrew without any problems, no personal data.

Oh, that's interesting. I'll look into it when I can, thanks. Do you actually use any particular TA tools or just go by feel?

MACD/RSI and trade overbought/oversold. If it keeps going, wait for it to come back down/up, it always does.

Great advice, thanks. However I've heard in the past that macd was too slow and inaccurate compared to rsi

Oh. I personally believe the RSI and MACD to be absolutely arbitrary and pointless, but thanks for the info.

user if you can't do a simple google and find out what leverage is then you, honest to god, should NOT be trading.

well user, that's because you're smart. they are pointless, but only without the hivemind.
because so many traders DO believe in them, it has turned into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
the real truth is anyone with enough capital can destroy any TA ever; TA is just the only "pattern game" we can play with any semblance of accuracy in-between whale moves.

If someone is here and are actually making a living off shorting/longing on bitmex and has done it for a while, chime in!

*liquidates your position*

Would like to hear them out actually

whoever was saying to not weak hands sell just saved me from that dip. thank you

What if you short 170k bitcoins with 100x leverage?

Is your liquidation level based on your total deposit on bitmex, or each individual position?

Individual position, although you can add margin to your positions to avoid liquidation.

we have a experienced bitmex trading server on discord
YCfs7be

literally one of the only good trips I've seen on Veeky Forums

keep on fighting the good fight

Im jealous I lost like all my money on this LMAO.
What timeframe charts do you guys use?
And howlong would you keep a position open?

what vpn do you guys recommend for burgers?

guys I opened up a long position.. it's not going well...

seconding this

just found out that while polo has margin trading, they don't deal in USD

mullvad is cheap and good

wondering if it's possible to get a vpn that won't sell you out to the fbi worst case scenario lol

Why the fuck would you do that?
Pray it bounces, but next test is $9200, then at least $8800 most likely $8200. That isn't if the market crashes if Coinbase is shutdown. Insider claimed there are fradulent accounts and all hell will break loose in the 27th.

Here's the pullback. I would personally close the long now.

Nah need more profit

I got asked yesterday to make a twitter, so I did, if anyone is interested in my progress, here's my twitter:

twitter.com/zu_zata

Looks like I was wrong! Back safely in the 500s.

Can i simulate shorts somewhere?

Testnet.Bitmex.com

I have a good bit of money sitting on coinbase...should I move it somewhere? I haven't heard anything about this...sources?

im american, how can I sign up?

Well done lad.

p-p-p proxy

Can anyone explain how the automatic deleverage queue works? Basically the higher your positive PNL*leverage the more likely you are to get deleveraged in the event someone else gets liquidated, right?

What about if you have a big negative PNL and big leverage? According to the PNL/LEV formula for negative profits, this means as your leverage increases with negative profits, it makes you less likely to get develeraged? Wouldn't this tend to lead to "cascades" of liquidations?

>using a proxy with sensitive info

strategy 1: Dont tell your strategies, because they work only if most people do not know them.