Hot Dogs General Discussion

Do you put the mustard on top of the chili or under?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13777
roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7294
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to love mustard on my chili dog so much that I would mix mustard into a bowl of chili. Don't quite like it anymore. I blame getting old.

But I prefer it on top because it's PRETTY.

usually don't put must' on my chil'dawgs

ketchup goes better on them

Damn that chili dog looks scrumptious in OPs pic!
Sometimes I put ketchup and mustard on top. Sometimes I put it in between the dog and chili sauce. And sometimes I put it under the dog. Even though I also put ketchup and mustard in the chili sauce.

Excellent thread OP, chili dogs for everyone!

Mustard relish under, lining the bun, Cheese and onions on top. Best dog for me.

What's better? Hot dog sauce or just regular chili?

Fuck you.

Is that a meat sauce you put on a sausage?
why.jpg

I prefer the hot dog sauce.

Because good chili doesn't taste all that good on a hot dog. You need that overly salty, fine-textured slop in a can.

It's sorta like how those "cheese singles" suck ass....except in a cheeseburger, in which case they are essential for dat texture.

I like spicy mustard and caramelised diced onions. Sometimes I put crushed bacon on it too.

bk is now testing...

k...

Wow. Hope the chicken weenie is thick and not just a regular chicken fry.

>Hope the chicken weenie is thick

Maybe they should call it the BK Cock Dog.

It's a cute, catchy name, but I doubt a multinational would go for it, because some people might make a lewd association and make it a "meme" on platforms such as twitter or reddit.

>condiments on chili

Why are you putting meat sauce on a sausage?

depends on the quality of the bun
cheap buns, put the chili on top
otherwise your bun will fall apart

Because it tastes good.

But it's disgusting.

Why would you want a pile of shit on your hotdog?

Do you agree with how Sonic makes his chili-dogs?

no wtf boil them weeners

You will be shot if you put ketchup on a coney dog in Detroit. Go drown.

>Idaho Transfer Dog
>mfw

I don't like chili or mustard, I eat my hot dogs either plain or with cheese sauce

nice diarrhea dog

You'll get shot in Detroit anyway, regardless of condiments.

>boil them wieners
>not cooking them on a grill or flat top grill
Kill Yourself please

>Doesn't put onions on his coney
>Puts way to much chili and it looks thick as fuck
>The bun broke at the bottom

Lafayette is for the master race only

You will increase your chances by 200% if you do this though and you won't be shot by a nig this time.

I go mustard/ketchup, then dog, then shredded cheese, then chili, then diced onion. Top tier hawt dawg famalam.

>the varsity
So many fond memories eating there growing up. The food is actually pretty shitty, though.

>not smoking your wieners in a smoker grill

>Believing Detroit of today is the same as detroit in 1993.
Yeah not so much. It's the biggest hipster town in the Midwest now.

Why are americans so fucking disgusting? What is their fucking problem? Why can't they just eat real food?

What's the problem? OP's pic looks delicious. You just jelly you can't have some or what?

Do americunts really eat that?

>implying meat tubes in a split yeast barrel covered in meat bean stew and fermented milk isn't good

Yes, with a side of fries too.

No 'tard for me. Just 'eese on my 'ili dawg.

yeast barrel is a good term for a vag

I'm a bong, and not a fat one either, but I'd love to eat that with a side of chips.

Thats Omaha

more insecure yuros showing up in every thread

>bong
>not fat

Nice try mohammed.

>giant chicken finger dick
Sign me up

If I don't get chilly on mine, then its mustard, ketchup, mayo and pickles (or relish)

>Not cooking weewees with the sun

I like my hot dogs wrapped up in a tortilla with fried pastrami, chili and cheese.

Who here /Oki Dog/?

Time to vomit!

does it produce heartburn or acid reflex for you?

because bringing back detroit is cool and nobody knows it except them

Take the cheese off and this is my favorite kind of dog too.

Nope. Everyone's different though. I never really get heartburn or acid reflux regardless of what I eat.

If you don't put slaw on your hot dogs then you are doing it fucking wrong.

As a hot dog snob, I pay close to $9.00 a pack for natural casing Sabrett's in Dallas. Nothing like making dirty water dogs like back home.

I am sorry but that looks absolutely fucking disgusting.
The consistency and placement of that mustard streak is just horrid.

The real question is Bunker Hill or Texas Pete brand hot dog chili sauce? I love that runny shit.

Sabrett guy here. If your ever in Fort Lee, NJ gateway to NYC. You will find the greatest roadside hot dog joint on the planet. Everytime I come home from Dallas I go there. Anthony Bourdain payed us a visit for his show.

Forgot to include the name. Hiram's

Yo Veeky Forums where do I find buns that don't break when I open them up to grill for a second? Maybe I'm just buying cheap buns, but they always split in half with even the slightest bit of pull, and I end up toasting two separate hot dug buns instead of one conjoined bun.

They are actually called a bunch of different things it turns out. If I’m finding what you are looking for, they’re called:

Split Top Buns
Martin’s “Dutch Flavor” Potato Rolls
New England Style Coney Rolls

I’m still looking around but that’s what I’ve found so far.

Split Top seems like the larger distinction here. I believe the regular ones are called Side Split which makes them fall apart much quicker.

discussion here:
roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13777

picture and discussion here:
roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7294

Sorry for the dead links my friend

The sausages and fries look divine, but what's up with the buns and yellow sauce?

They're simply not fresh. Stale tears more, it's drier. Try switching stores with better turnover, or hunting through the brands and buying the farther out use by date, or going to the deli, paying a little more and buying the store bakery ones, hopefully not pre split, but sliced open yourself. With your bread knife, you'll be more careful and won't cut them open to the very edge. You could also go with Hoagie rolls, and use bigger links to match them, or 2 to a bun!

They toast the buns. And the color is a little washed out by the brown paper and paper box they put it in. I believe the cheese is melted cheddar spread.

Because sausage in meat sauce makes it gourmet authentic Italian and not Ameritard puke bucket slop, right?

On top. You need to be able to smell it to get the full taste

>tiny, insignificant strip of mustard

I doubt you could even taste that. Why fucking bother?

Don't be difficult. Mustard is a fairly strong flavor.

I get a craving for hot dogs but it has to be just right. The past couple nights I have been making hot dogs in natural casing with hot pepper cheese, fresh cut jalapenos, some onion, and hot sauce. It tastes pretty good desu.

You got to give it your best, so your dog can pass the test
Give it everything that you got

And we know you can win, you just have to begin
Have to put your mustard on top

You can use either IMO as long as you do with the "no beans" variety

in summer, mustard on top. winter, mustard under chili.

the dogs look deep fried. first time i saw a deep fried hot dog was in murphy, nc. little local joint had hot dogs and fried balogna sandwiches. i went for the fried balogna myself.

but this old fat woman running the counter would throw hotdogs in the deep fryer for a few seconds, then slap them on the grill to finish off. she'd throw them on a toasted bun, top them with a small amount of mustard and a big mound of cole slaw.

From bottom to top:
Bun
Chili (with beans)
Cheese
Dog
Mustard
Onions

That's from the Varsity in Atlanta. Pretty GOAT-tier.

If you have chili on your dog then there's only two other things you can add on top of it: cheese and onions

>kraft single under
>Not shredded cheese on top

Not deepfrying your weenies

you spilt some you mucky pup

Heh, Another Texas brand texas food. You stupid child, if only you spent more time around here you'd realize Texas is just a Meme.Wow, don't know what that means? Doesn't surprise me. Most of you are Mexicans or hipsters who moved to Texas to seem bad ass. Yes, you need sauce on BBQ. Yes you need beans in chili. Yes your beer is terrible.

I belive your correct in that assumption. I'm pretty sure Hiram's has been doing it longer than anyone in the country that way. Possibly the originators.

>Yes you need beans in chili.

>butthurt midwesterner detected

Look, I'm sorry your area is so pathetic that even TEXAS is better. But that's no reason to take it out on them.

Recently I've been making "everything" dogs.

cheese on bottom of bun, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickle relish, and jalapenos.

It's actually pretty great.

Butterfly grill them is best.

Onions are fucking nasty.

>Onions are fucking nasty.

18+ board, you fucking child.

same. i usually put all the toppings underneath.

i do cheddar, baked beans, sauerkraut, relish, mustard, "hot onions" which is onion sauteed with chili flakes and then a little ketchup added, and raw onion.

>Onions are fucking nasty.

rhode island's hot wiener is the literal best hot dog
olneyville new york system baby

> (OP)
>From bottom to top:

why not just write it:

Onions
Mustard
Dog
Cheese
Chili (with heathen beans)
Bun

Take a knife and cut your tongue, apparently you don't need it.

the varsity is absolutely fucking repulsive and i've never seen something from there look as good as OPs pic

the meat in everything is school cafeteria-tier, the chili is basically lumpy orange grease, the buns for both the burgers and dogs are always stale, and the fries are limp and soggy as shit

when i have friends or family coming to atlanta for the first time i take them there as a fucking joke

American is slop!