Can i just put some chicken thighs in a roasting pan with onions and potatoes and some liquids and it will end up okay...

Can i just put some chicken thighs in a roasting pan with onions and potatoes and some liquids and it will end up okay? I just wanna throw a bunch of stuff in a roasting pan and put it in the oven i don't want to really have to do anything besides a little chopping

The chicken skin is going to steam from the water in the onions and potatoes. You're going to have a colorless piece of meat. If that's what you want, then go for it. I also doubt the potatoes will crisp. I think the entire dish is going to end up boiling in its own liquids. At this point, you're better off just making a soup and extracting all the flavor from the onion, bones and skin into a broth, shredding the meat and adding it back in, and then adding the potatoes towards the end.

I was thinking doing high heat and some real flavorful liquid but not too much maybe halfway up the thighs at most. I don't want soup

just coat the veg with a little bit of oil and some spices and shit, then uncover for the last 20 minutes or so. i would not recommend a very high heat, 350/180 at most.

That's too dry though i need a little liquid in there

your meat and potatoes will release liquids when cooked. this is a dish i make on a very regular basis, although i add carrots and sometimes celery to the potatoes as well. that's also why you cover it for most of the cooking time.

There is liquid in the chicken you dumb fuck

I want there to be more liquid than that though almost like stewish. I dont want to cover it either
Kiss my pecorino

then coat the veg in flour, add liquid and don't cover it? you obviously don't actually want any advice though, so just do whatever you think and disregard what the people who know what the fuck they're talking about are telling you.

You don't know what you're talking about though you just gave me a way to make some roasted chicken thighs. you dont know how to make it juicy

I just don't want your recipe for basic martha chicken i want to use a flavorful liquid

Do you have a Dutch oven? That would be a better tool to use, if not I'd brown the thighs in a pan and deglaze with white wine or dry vermouth and pour it in the pan. Remove the skin. If I hear you correctly you want to braise the chicken. A good trick is to elevate the meat a bit, there are several ways to do this (one is to simply use some whole onion slices), but since you want taters and carrots in there, use those as a bed on your pan (onions are still a good idea) put thighs on top. Sprinkle with herbs, like herbed de Provence, or simply thyme, s&p, fill the remainder of the space (up to about half way up the thigh) with stock/broth. Cover w aluminum foil and pop in the oven. When the thighs are done, remove them and the roots, take the liquid that's in there and strain it into a sauce pan and rapidly reduce. Take a knob of butter and an equal amount of flour and mash it together (this called a beurre manie) and whisk it in, it will thicken the sauce and make it silky. Taste & season. Wa-la

That's pretty good but i can't use the stovetop

Hrm. OK. Remove the skin, and lightly flour the taters & carrots (this will thicken the sauce), still use white wine or dry vermouth and stock or broth (mix some boullion cubes in hot water if you are limited) and proceed as above, use less liquid, enough to just cover the taters & carrots

Thank you this is helpful but I'll use my own preference of flavorful liquid

>remove the skin

stopped reading right there. WTF is wrong with you? Why do you hate awesome crispy chicken skin?

Do you suffer from reading comprehension issues? OP wants a braise, how do you propose oh wise one, how to get a crispy skin in a braise?

Im the op usually i would agree with you but this time im going bald thighs with a flavorful liquid almost stewish so that user seems right

WHEN YOU DONT HAVE A STOVE TOP

Mountain dew?

>OP wants a braise

OP never said braise. He said "roasting pan". That implies crispy and browned, not braised.

Getting crispy skin is easy in the oven. Stovetop is not needed.

What part of 'stew' do you not understand? This isn't difficult fuckwit. But go ahead and dig your heals in. You'll still be wrong.

Please tell me where in the OP post he says anything about "Stew". Who makes a stew in a roasting pan?

>> heals

Here ya go cunt

>>
& that's not green text works. Go away filthly casual

I didnt say stew in the op but its gonna be a roasted braise uncovered, hopefully the flavorful liquid will make it almost stewish. The roasting pan is the only pan i have access to

What part of "OP post" do you not understand?

>roasted braise uncovered

Sounds awful. If the only pan you have is a roasting pan, then why not...I dunnoo...ROAST the chicken?

Original Post post? Are you literally this fucking stupid?

Its not awful it will be roasted and braised combined for a double whammy of flavor. I dont want basic martha chicken

I'm wondering why you're not answering the question posed to you, and instead are deflecting.

wtf is the flavorful liquid

OP is either a dedicated troll or a dedicated idiot.

Flavorful liquid? Like what, soy sauce? Salsa verse? Cream of mushroom soup? Your mother's vaginal discharge?

You have so many people telling you decent methods of making the dish you want that include adding ~flavourful liquid~ yet, like the mong you are, you staunchly refuse to listen and insist on forging your own path into further retardation. Grow the fuck up and realize it's ok to listen to people who know better, you dipshit.

6/10, got me to respond.

You are being intentionally argumentative and obtuse, and have no interest in contributing to tt, and lest you think you're being clever, you aren't trolling, your just being an asshole.

I already thanked the one and only user who helped me and will use his method. I dont know why you're mad
You have a soft heart and are a gentle soul

>You are being intentionally argumentative and obtuse

It's not my intent to offend. It's my intent to reply to you, after you've answered my question. I'll do an example:

>where is stew in OP's post
--well, it's not in OP. It's another post further down.
>oh, so OP's pretty confused about what he wants to do and is changing is mind
-yeah, it seems like that
>ah, ok. So we both know that op doesn't really know what he's doing. Let's work on a better suggestion.

The problem here is that you aren't doing your part by actually answering the questions posed. I'm not asking questions to insult you, I'm asking questions to move the conversation along. But that process doesn't work if you don't answer them.

I am the one OP thanked. Your point is?

>Your point is?

I thought I just explained it.
I wasn't asking these questions to insult anyone like seems to think.
I was asking them to carry on the conversation.

No you're not. OP knows what he wants to do, and got some ideas on how to achieve that objective. We're through here. Well done shitting up the thread.

Guy is such a closet pickle smoocher