Tips on how to make the perfect fried egg? Just now realizing how delicious they are

Tips on how to make the perfect fried egg? Just now realizing how delicious they are

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42dbuhteL4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

medium heat
butter
only add salt and pepper once they're on the plate

you only want enough heat in the pan to stop it spreading too much, then you want as low heat as possible unless you specifically want to brown the eggs. if you wanna do it faster, baste them.

>only add salt and pepper once they're on the plate

bollocks

I'm going to be frying some eggs here in just a bit. (going to have a late breakfast of eggs, ham, and english muffin)
I use medium-low heat, butter, and I like to baste my eggs.

butter, low/medium heat
soy sauce

a perfect egg?
begin by not frying them

I like to oil poach the egg for a consistent texture.

consider crisping up some egg white in a separate frying pan and sprinkling over for texture.

For a classic french presentation, flakes of sea salt and white pepper only please, added as the eggs reach the pass.

Like ribs: low and slow. Put it on 2/6 or whatever equivalent you have. Just a pinch of salt and some pepper.

If you like them over easy (you heretic) you turn it over the second the egg white finishes cooking, turn it up to 4/6 and let it rest for no more than one minute on the other side. If not, (like a sensible person) you are done when the whites are done.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=42dbuhteL4o

Perfect fried egg you dense retard

I use bacon grease when I can

I do mine on medium-high heat with beef dripping instead of oil. I have a tiny little frying pan and cook them one at a time and flip like a pancake, only ever break yolks on cheap battery eggs. Each egg takes ~2mins to cook, I dunno I don't time it, but they only get about 15-20 seconds on the side I flip to before flipping back briefly to check it's cooked.

enjoy your salmonella

PAN

NICE AND HOT

>one minute
Insanity. I flip them and turn the heat off, they ate usually good to go in 15 to 30 seconds

use really low temp, you do not want to see ANY bubbles on your egg white. comes out perfect every time, takes like 3 or 4 mins

i prefer butter instead of oil

Crack into coconut oil on the highest heat and wait until the whites have just solidified to flip. Toss on some sea salt. Take off of the heat when the edges are nice and brown but before the yolk starts to solidify. Eat with hot buttered toast, dipping it in the yolk.

Egg in a basket with genuine butter.
Idiot proof.

GR told me the best way is to fry them in hot oil, then drop butter in the pan near the end so it froths and covers the top of the egg

Although this was on masterchef junior

The fact that there are multiple fried egg threads every week really goes to show that a good majority of neo-Veeky Forums actually doesn't know how to cook

it's like having multiple threads about training wheels on /n/, or multiple unironic threads about how to take a screenshot on /g/.

My point is that these threads are only validated if someone talks about the finer points of egg frying technique that continually elapses the mind of even the most proficient home cook. But they're not. They're basic, almost laughably obvious instructions for the stoned /v/irgin who found his mom's skillet at 2 AM. They speak of the 20 year old bachelor who hasn't cooked anything beyond chili con carne, who thinks correctly searing a steak is the epitome of culinary finesse. And that's only troubling because Veeky Forums is one of the most elitist boards on Veeky Forums.

Really makes you think.

you can use ghee and then there is no need for oil

That's an awful long way of saying "I love the smell of my own farts". You're still right though.

you makie me raugh aroud

I don't know about everyone else but here's how I do it
>Pan on medium/low heat
>Add butter to pan
>add eggs to pan
>add salt and pepper to eggs
>cover the pan so the top of the eggs cook evenly with the rest of the egg

WA LA

but then the base is fried and the top is poached from moisture. I want a fried egg, not a poached egg. Easy over is the patrician way to fry an egg

get your pan going over high heat until it's near screaming hot

add a generous amount of olive oil/bacon fat/butter (but not 100% butter)

when fat just starts to smoke, drop egg in and turn heat down to med-high.

the white will spread but should then contract back in as it cooks. it will get crispy on the edges and bottom but won't burn.

salt and pepper

baste the egg whites with excess fat as it cooks. baste the yolk sparingly, just enough to cook the thin bit of white on top and the ring of whites just around it

is done after about 90-120 seconds. whites are puffy and set (may even obscure the yolk). yolk should still runny.

this is my absolute favorite method. it's fast, easy, no flipping to worry about, and the combo of the 3 textures is amazing.