Finally got to sit with a glass of this stuff...so good! Still love 3 Floyds even if Dark Lord was disappointing

Finally got to sit with a glass of this stuff...so good! Still love 3 Floyds even if Dark Lord was disappointing.

What's in your glass Veeky Forums

Also beer general I guess.

Picked up a bottle of this stuff just because I saw it in another thread.
10/10 cozy beer. Perfect combination of flavors. Would buy again, but not til fall. Definitely a cold weather beer.

Had one of these, it's not like any hefeweizen I've had before. A lot more tart. I have an IPA from them as well but I'm not too excited to try it.

I'm taking a trip to Wisconsin just to stock up on New Glarus someday.

The only reason I go once in awhile is because I'm only 30 minutes from the border. Wisconsin is pretty though if you avoid Madison and all that shit

Bout to leave tomorrow for a giant Michigan road trip. Gonna go see Founders and Bells, probably New Holland since it's so close to Founders.

Where else could I go? I've heard of Witches Hat but never had their stuff.

>Not drinking Caguamones Indios

Its like youre not even a man

>beer general
But that isn't beer in general.
Its some lefty faggot hipster "craft brew" I never heard of.
What happened to drinking beer as an excuse to hang out with your friends and get drunk?

Not even here in beaner land do they touch that hipster shit. People buy mostly Tecate and Indio

I had to give up booze for four months because of medication.

I have been trying to decide what my first drink should be - I have a slight preference towards a lager/helles/pilsner but not sure what.

Suggestions welcome.

Post whatever beer you want you cry baby faggots

Victory prima pils if you're in the states. Pilsner urquell if european

Just picked up my first ever 6 pack of Moon Man, I'm excited to get started on those.

I had some Ayinger with lunch today if it makes you feel better.

>Be out at shitty dive bar that's trying to bring in a few basic craft beers
>Stone IPA
>People try it and hate it
>They try this other stuff with pineapple in it, with some fish on the label
>They love it
>Fucking fucks cant handle an IPA unless it's fruity as fuck

You mean Sculpin?

Yeah normal Sculpin is a classic, but they're doing all this crazy fruity stuff now and it's making want to quit on Ballast Point altogether.

I just had my first beer yesterday. It tasted like cold medicine more than anything else. Is this a trait common to all beer, or will shelling out extra for the fancy stuff be an improvement?

Is there a better cheap witbier out there? I like wits decidedly more than hefes, but I don't want to always spend $12 on a six pack of these.

what are some good websites/twitter accounts to read in terms of keeping up with beer news, releases, reviews, etc? how do you all stay "in the know" when it comes to badass releases?

Damn, that was solid. The beer had a great citrus smell to it, and a slight bitterness on the finish. Wisconsin beer has been much better than what I could get where I grew up.

Beer is usually an acquired taste but even so, low quality beer may hamper your addiction. The cheapest and worst beer in my country tastes like diluted alcohol with faint flavour. People usually go for either of two flavour profiles. Malty, dark beer or light, bitter.

What exactly are the characteristics of Oktoberfest beer? My local Bevmo is starting to fill up with American Oktoberfest beer.

I'm currently enjoying Labatt 50 from a can with a half a mcdonalds spoon of meth dropped in it,

Traditionally Oktoberfest beer is lighter in regard to the alcohol content but usually it is a darker beer with the same characteristics of the brewery-

Allagash White can compete but I'm not sure it's better or cheaper. More like an equally priced alternative.

hefs shouldn't be tart, user

you may want to do some research to see if your batch has been infected

Tbh? Find the local beer community on Facebook. Most likely it'll be run by a distributor or someone at least with connections.

Most blogs/twitter accounts are for nationwide beer stuff. That's cool if you're bottle trading on planning a trip, but it's usually just superflous information.

Also thr FB page most likely will have tips on releases from other beer people, also local bottle shops can post and the occasional brewer themselves.

Download UnTapped to your phone. Checking out "Nearby" will let you know what people near you are drinking. You can also bookmark specific brews and the app will let you know if, when you're traveling, a local place has that brew available.

I too enjoy the 'Inuit Special' user

Hows things up in the northern provinces eh?

I'm the guy that posted it in the other thread, and I just bought my second 4 pack of it

Sculpin is way the fuck better than Stone IPA, so thats probably the problem

You can't go wrong with this.

>moonman

I bet you like your stouts extra chocolatey don't you?

This is my favorite beer.

Thanks brah. I'll probably buy a 4 pack and hide it away til summer is over

Favorite hefe? I'm partial to the Franzikaner right now.

Why is there a Lagunitas IPA at the zenith of your bar?

Is it the basic Stone IPA? The Ruination 2.0 IPA is god damn delicious and I recommend it as the first IPA people try. Either that or the Kona IPA.

They're 20 years old and going corporate. But that Wahoo senpai.

I like Frankenstein quite a lot. There's a hef at my local bar that I love. I do like Paulener a lot though.

What's a good IPA for someone who doesn't like IPA's?

A pilsner.

Flying Monkey smashbomb atomic maybe

Two hearted. This is a serious answer.

Founders all day ipa

What is the function of this glass?

The fluted end stops it from going fully up your ass

honestly i just drink whatever im in the mood for. ive had phases as a beer snob going to micro brews and sampling what they had and feeling sophisticated about my beer choice, ive had killians phases, new castle, Guinness, and right now im in a yuengling phase. ive honestly no doubt that at some point i will move on to a different one or i will return to a previous one.

i enjoy beer to enjoy it.

but i must say that purple haze is the worst beer ever made. it tastes like perfume.

>live in ontario
>beer store now sells Smuttynose
I got six of that and a Beau's gruit that was amazing.

great beer for a hot summer day.

Aunt Sally literally tastes like vomit.

If they sell Boulevard near you find some Tell Tale Tart.

I actually like Aunt Sally.

I had a pic related tonight, and a Victory Storm King. Allagash puts out some really nice beers. Not the best, but it was a very solid and affordable Tripel. Victory's Storm King is a nice Imperial Stout. Tastes a lot more like a Russian though. There's better beers out there, but these are cheap around my parts and I didn't want to spend much money.

>"this beer is good"
>"that beer is garbage. Try this totally different style of beer from the most garbage flyover state in the country"

Aunt Sally grew on me after a few of them. Crazy sour at first, but the hops accent it nicely.

>Crazy sour at first, but the hops accent it nicely.
Not that other guy, but I thought the hop profile didn't work very well with the sourness at all in Sally

I have to say, that is the one lagunitas beer I've had which I didn't enjoy. Though that's probably because I generally dislike sour beer

>stout

i will never understand why people like stouts

where do i buy pint glasses with cool art on them or those big glasses with the handle on it that for some reason i cant remember the name of?

they taste good

>go to the store wanting to try a new beer
>looking at the selection and can't decide what to get
>decide to just go with my favorite variety pack i usually get

Why do I do this so often?

try Amazon, they have most things that exist, also, stein is the word you are looking for

What medication are you on that prevents drinking alcohol? Most meds just state that as insurance.

I was going to start a beer thread but maybe this one is fine.

What are every-bodies favorite breweries? Or alternately what are the breweries who beers you buy/look forward to the most?

probably New Glarus, they are one of the few breweries that if I see a new beer of theirs I will try it without question

Because this one looks like a Shin Megami Tensei boss.

Speaking of label art, which beer has the best looking bottle cap?

Next time just grab something, anything, hell, close your eyes and just grab a pack and that's what you get. Be more adventurous.

I have one of those too OP. They have it on nitro at the brewery and it's even better.

Just drinking two-hearted tonight. Haven't had it in a long time and saw it at the grocery store.

I'm fond of sierra nevada myself, but that's because I get a free crate from my uncle who works at their brewery.

Stopped at 3 Floyd on my way to Wisconsin from Michigan a couple weeks ago. Those assholes tricked me into buying a 4oz pour for like $7

was it quaanto? that stuff was good, but very small pour

Anyone else feel like they still can't pour beer that well?

I either end up with not enough head or too much. I wish I could do it like the pros

It was Icelandic Pants of the Dead. It was good but they should really tell you how many ozs the pours are on the menu. I also tried Mithril Dice and their wings which were good, (also stopped at Bells on the ride, so I am sure the GF was real happy with me)

>Icelandic pants of the dead
The namesof these beers are getting out of hand.

Oh damn, I tried that when I was there too. My friend drove so I got too drunk to look at the tab. Didn't realize it was that much,

I was just surprised because the menu stated the type of glass rather than the size, and it was some term I was unfamiliar with, I just never imagined it would be so small

thre are like 5000 breweries in America now, the beer name trademark situation is becoming a mess, people are gonna have to keep going more and more obscure and wordy

>want to participate in the craft beer thread
>remember I live in canada and a 6 pack is $25

i asked this in another thread but they called me an idiot. i'm honestly asking, because i don't know

if i poured a beer straight down into a glass, creating a lot of head, would it eventually settle into the full contents of the beer? like if i poured a 12 oz bottle straight down into a glass, would it eventually settle into 12 oz of straight beer? or is a lot of it lost in the head?

how much is that? like $5 USD?

>if i poured a beer straight down into a glass, creating a lot of head, would it eventually settle into the full contents of the beer
yeah, but it would probably overflow your glass. Besides that, the problem is the loss of carbonation by pouring too vigorously

I think it would be very close to the same volume. The foam isn't dense at all...

>Wtf I love England now
I now understand the concept of a session beer.

i know drinking isnt healthy in general. but say I HAD to get drunk, which would be healthieir

getting drunk off vodka, rum or whiskey
or
getting drunk off a bunch of beers

you would need to drink a lot more beers to get drunk obv. but which is better for you? does the beer just have too many calories to make it worth it?

First off, you're a cunt for trying to be healthy at the same time as getting drunk. Everclear is technically the biggest bang for your buck when getting drunk and counting calories, but I doubt you want that.

There are some beers that are "healthier" than you'd expect, but the high ABV beers tend to have more calories. I'd go for vodka, just no fruity shit. You could also eat less than usual before drinking, and get a bigger effect from whatever you have.

Why not just split the difference and drink wine?

This

On my third one right now. Pretty new to beer. I am a big fan of lagers though. Its an ok beer. Probably wouldnt buy it again though just because of the price isnt worth the taste. Much rather drink a Yengling, price and taste wise

forgot pic

Plain liquor, with nothing besides ice or soda, will have the lowest amount of calories for the amount of alcohol. It's why 3/4 of the girls in NYC drink vodka sodas, and the other quarter drink whiskey.

Been really into stouts lately and i'm drinking pic related tonight, among other things

Anyone here ever tried them? They're both great

Haven't had the first one, but Deschutes was one of my first stouts. It's a good starter.

Get some Rasputin. And Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald if it's available.

I think Storm King is still very good. It used to be extremely well regarded and now it's very accessible and people blow it off.

I'm visiting my parents in GA and I found this stuff since I have a thing for ambers. Makes me want to travel the highlands in a kilt.

I remember touring their brewery in Petaluma a while back. All the staff were bro-tier.

I only really like their Pils and their Censored though. Everything else tasted like I was eating plants.

This just started popping up near me, but it's like $11.99 for a 4 pack which makes no sense.

I'll wait for it to show up as a single bottle somewhere.

Very nice and well rounded pale ale!

Cool label. I'd buy a can just for that desu.

Prefer this one to the double bastard!

Do people here know/like Other Half Brewery in NYC? I managed to grab some of their hard-to-get Triple IPA at their can release this morning.

Share thoughts and pictures of the beer!

But yeah i have heard about them, makes some quite out there beer when it comes what they put into them sometimes!

Despite being a bunch of malignant assholes to the state of Indiana, 3 Floyds does have their shit together. Their pear sour was my favorite beer of last year.

A reasonably priced alternative available locally is Weld, another pear sour from Tin Man out of Evansville.