Few Questions about BAT

Is there any plan for BAT payments to not be monthly? How is it going to integrate with twitch, other platforms or be used for paywalls and streaming otherwise?

Wont demonetization occur just the same as ad companies wont want their product associated with certain publishers.

When a publishers cashes out their BAT, what happens to their BAT - do they have to use an exchange?

No BATties have an answer? Shame, i was really interested in the token as it looked like one of the only ones not being shilled for quick pumps.

This entire concept of users compensating content creators is retarded. The intelligent strategy always should have been for advertisers to use BAT to purchase adspace, and then the websites use BAT to compensate users for viewing or interacting with ads.

That's the main part of it, which can be gleamed by reading the first sentence of any page about it. I was hoping to ask about specific issues.

And why the fuck can't they implement this? They're still pushing the garbage idea of users spending BAT to compensate content creators. These bags are way too heavy. I will dump them the next time it pumps.

A form of "instant" payment is in the works, they have to come up with a structure that doesn't get destroyed by eth fees. The twitch integration is similar to youtube, the channels you spend the most time on will get the most of your BAT

re: demonetization. I don't think this is even a theoretical problem, because the ads are not tied to a content creators site. Think of it as more of an ad "engine" or repository. You browse the web as normal and if you have opted in to viewing ads, there will be infrequent, high quality ads that are pushed to you in a separate window. If you watch the ads, you get BAT. This is decoupled from the content creators. The content creators get BAT when you visit their site. They make money off either you putting fiat into Brave Browser and selectively donating to them, or just from your monthly balance being automatically donated to them based on how much time you spent on different sites.

Publishers can cash their BAT out straight into fiat or keep it in the ecosystem. No exchange needed, BAT is partnered through uphold.com - you should check it out. It's a very seamless way to hold currency, basically coinbase level.

I can't wait to start paying money to websites that I currently enjoy for free. Does anyone else see how retarded this is? The only unique concept is paying users to view or interact with ads. That should be their only strategy.

> How is it going to integrate with twitch, other platforms or be used for paywalls and streaming otherwise?
same as youtube? you just replace youtube with twitch
> Wont demonetization occur just the same as ad companies wont want their product associated with certain publishers.
no. because ad companies is a marketplace. it isn't one point of failure. plus ad companies don't care
> When a publishers cashes out their BAT, what happens to their BAT - do they have to use an exchange?
they get cash through Uphold right? this is a non-problem any way you look at it. it's solved now and if it wasn't it would be

>I can't wait to start paying money to websites that I currently enjoy for free. Does anyone else see how retarded this is?
your argument is completely invalidated by patreon
what matters is the generosity of the audience at large, not you in particular

Ok - take all concepts of paying for things out of your head (even though Twitch, Patreon etc have proven there is a market for it.)

Now take "The only unique concept is paying users to view or interact with ads" and understand that since the users are seamlessly being paid in BAT, they can then seamlessly pay this money to content creators (passively). Everything is still "free", there are no intrusive and irrelevant ads to be found, advertisers have people actually engaged in their ads, and publishers are getting paid. Everyone wins..

Do you get it?

More than $200 Billion was spent on digital advertising last year. Patreon paid out around $200 Million to content creators. I hope that I don't have to explain any further why BAT's only chance of becoming huge is to go after the $200 Billion and not the $200 million.

What part of "you don't have to donate" do you not understand?

Why is the advertising model so complicated for some of you brainlets?

You can turn on ads and keep your measly ~10 BAT/year without donating it if you're really that Jewish.

> This entire concept of users compensating content creators is retarded

GodDAMN you're retarded. That's literally one of the strongest features of Brave.

>they can then seamlessly pay this money to content creators (passively)

FUCK THIS CONCEPT. I don't want to pay for shit that I currently get for free. I want something that MAKES me money, not something that is neutral or a net negative.

I get it. The market gets it. That's why the market cap of BAT is only $400 million while plenty of other shitcoins are in the $Billions.

a WEBSITE like youtube always faces the demonetization problem
they have to serve ads next to the videos
so either they put a Coke ad on a Pewdiepie video or they demonetize Pewdiepie
a BROWSER doesn't have this problem. they can show the ad whenever.
it can be completely disconnected from the webpage

you are obviously a brainlet
don't invest in BAT then
nobody waste time informing this guy
show some humility
you literally don't understand freemium or patrons and you want to talk about business concepts you just googled like you aren't a total fuckin moron

I see this is something you are very emotional about. You must not make very much money, and I can empathize. I know a lot of folks on here have shitty jobs and gamble on memecoins so they can "MAKE MONEY," with the dream otherwise being able to get constant dopamine lifting entertainment for "free" (while you are being monetized and manipulated and don't even know it.)

But for the rest of the world with even moderate income, we will pay for quality things or support creators we believe in. Premium content subscriptions, movies, digital music, etc.

Neither of you seem like you've done the math on BAT and the digital advertising market. You seem to think it will succeed because of all the nice people like you who will gladly pay for things that are free. Do you see BAT ever having a $10 Billion market cap? $100 Billion? $1 Trillion? If so, please explain why, using numbers and not feelings.

no

You already pay...

If you visit fortune.com (even with an ad blocker) you are tracked. This information is used to direct ads at you that aren't blocked (major ad blockers don't block all ads). In addition there are apps that can use this data as well. Pandora is a good example.

Websites cannot operate without a revenue stream. Either they do it in a sneaky way with trackers or monero mining scripts, or they show you infrequent curated ads, or you deposite fiat and pay microtransactions (least likely). This is inevitable, the current paradigm doesn't work. Eventually you will probably be forced into this.

>visit wsj
>"WSJ is a brave-ad supported site. Please watch this 30s ad to earn 1 bToken"
>"To read this article click 'I agree' you will be charged .05 bTokens"

Most people will just watch the ad and pay the BAT. Fuck, I probably will too. Why? Because I'll pay to read well formed ideas.

>visit wsj
>"WSJ is a brave-ad supported site. Please watch this 30s ad to earn 1 bToken"
>"To read this article click 'I agree' you will be charged .05 bTokens"

Yes, this is what it should be. Why haven't they implemented this yet? They've only enabled the part where users pay BAT but haven't enabled the part where users receive BAT.

Question, how these people and their millions of followers are going to advertise their next elections if google and facebook decides not to give them a platform on the grounds of "hate speech"?

Thats a fuckon of money in ads.

Thats only part of it. The end goal is buy adspace and pay users for viewing the ads. BAT then gets used for micropayments and small subscriptions, like paying 10 cents to view an exclusive article for example. BAT will also be for donations either slowly over time like now, or via lump sum like that on twitch. People donate a fuck ton on twitch and patreon so there is clearly a market and people will be more inclined to spend the money if they earn it daily without opening their wallet.

Extrapolate for my "fuck refugees" ad that im planing to make just for the lulz

these are quality observations (even if the second is obvious)
neither is possible until the user base is larger

I know that is the end goal. I'm pissed that BAT supposedly has one of the best teams in crypto, yet they weren't implementing the strategy that you described from the very beginning. How much longer will they wait to implement it? Any competitor could implement the same thing in their browser.

They will be, this summer the beta testing starts. I love the Eichman but this is one area that he's been sloppy. Everyone just thinks of it as patreon in a browser.

My guess is he is showing advertisers that he can get large scale adoption of his browser - 1%+ is probably fine, after that it will spread easily - before implementing ads.

Google can't. Because they run adsense, they have a fiduciary duty to share holders not to block their own ads. Doing so would result in a lawsuit they would loose.

I can see BAT reaching $15 + bn market cap based on the capped supply of BAT at 1.5 bn, with only approx 1 bn in circulation and a token price of $10-15 +. I don't put too much weight on market cap in crypto, because if you read up on it you understand why you should not use a stock market type of valuation in this space. These are not shares outstanding.

Anyways, the digital ad market is actually closer to $500 bn, and BAT/Brave is going after this market hard. The whole premise of the company was to disrupt the ad industry, not eradicate it.

Brave browser currently has 1.4 million monthly active users. There are major youtubers shilling the shit out of Brave due to demonetization, I expect MAU to grow to 2 + million before end of Q1, EOY closer to 10 million.

Back to the ad industry, i'll go with your $200 billion number to be conservative. I can see Brave carving a nice niche out, and let's say capturing just a tiny tiny fraction of that space (1%, or $2 billion). That is, Brave is netting $2 billion in top line revenue from advertisers per year. This isn't unrealistic; Brave's ever growing user base will likely lean tech savvy/early adopters (higher income), and therefore will be open to premium ads targeted at their premium lifestyle. This will appeal to advertisers of premium products, not "Crypto Genius" style shit banners.

Anyways, back to the math. Google (Alphabet), the king of winning off of advertising revenue, brought in approx $110 bn in top line revenue last year. Mcap for Alphabet is nearly $800 bn, so let's say 8x gross revenue. If BAT nets just a measly $2bn in revenue, using the Alphabet example, that's $16 per token. I don't know about you, but I'm good with a 4,000% ROI. Further, I feel pretty damn good about the potential on this given there is actually a working product in a lucrative industry that only needs to capture a small amount of it to be successful.

Thank you for the quality post.

Does anyone think this is possible?

>Google creates or adopts an existing crypto
>Google requires advertisers to purchase adspace with said crypto
>Google takes it's cut, and uses crypto to compensate websites and end-users

Nice post.

I still find you're very conservative, the amount of people de facto censored by google is non negligeable.

All the alt-right, right wind parties, stormfront... a big portion of the population dont follow the google PC guidelines, as was demostrated during the Trump election.

Nice. Screencapped for future threads.

Good post.

Rare to see one these days amongst the sea of turds around here.

A good post!

There are people here on biz who talk shit about Brave and think Facebook and Google will dominate the internet forever. Lol.

Brave has a decent chance to be a major player by 2023 and Facebook might not even exist. Look up recent Facebook usage and growth statistics and you'll see the trends.

Whether that translates to a high BAT price is a different topic. Without any kind of burn mechanism, the token could see a constant selling pressure from people cashing out their earned BAT. There are only two ways Brave can approach this problem: either Brave lets advertisers hoard BAT to place their future ads or Brave/other platforms somehow encourage people to keep some of their BAT instead of converting to fiat. If services like news/content subscriptions can be paid through BAT then we might see some people keep their BAT in their wallet in Brave.

Regardless, I hold over 50k BAT because I think this will pump at some point and I'll sell the rip.