The egg salad sandwich: a fallen legend?

The egg salad sandwich: a fallen legend?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_cream
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That shit is for white people from Connecticut

I hate that shit.

In kindergarten, someone made them and gave them to us. It was slimy and I almost puked.

multiracial person from california here
it's good breakfast

You're fuckin gay

YOU'RE fuckin gay

YOU'RE BOTH FUCCKIN GAY NOW SIT DOWN AND BE QUIET OR SO HELP ME I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND AND TAKE YOU RIGHT BACK TO GRANDMA'S HOUSE.

Also I find that I really like egg salad when its made with just barely enough mayo to count as a compound salad and plenty of dill. Peppery greens like arugula or watercress are nice with it too.

Definitely. You don't have to buy overpriced deli meat to enjoy a sandwich.

I prefer tuna or chicken because it goes with brunoised celery better. Heavy with black pepper and red pepper, and a tiny amount of buttermilk as well. I also like bacon with chicken and andouille with tuna if I'm going all out

Calm down, Faggot.

Never had egg salad before. Is there a good way to make it without mayo?

>Slimy
That is a mark of a bad Egg Salad. Did they also forget salt?

>Is there a good way to make it without mayo?

No. What do you have against mayo, anyway?

Use sour cream instead.

Mayo is gross.

LOVE egg salad. But I also love mayo.

It's made of eggs.

You want to eat an egg salad sandwich.

I can't seem to make egg salad for shit

Every time i cut the egg the yolk keeps falling out of the whites and turn into a crumbly mess

how do I keep the yolks inside the egg whites?

Leave the eggs whole.

get a sharper knife

LOL IKR! Do they even know what salt is?

Prefer a good tuna salad myself but egg salad with scallions is pretty darn tasty.

anyone tried it with peanut butter?

extra protein and is good

Use a potato masher to mash the eggs. You get uniform chunks that way.

I've tried this, flavor doesn't add much for me and honestly the peanut butter texture with egg salad throws me off.

Different strokes I suppose.

I love it when they ruin a perfectly good egg salad sandwich by mixing chopped pickles into the egg salad.

>it's good breakfast
agreed. ice cold salad on nice bread, toast, or even a Rykrisp cracker.
>Every time i cut the egg the yolk keeps falling out of the whites and turn into a crumbly mess
I drop the yolks into a separate bowl, chop the whites in the size I want. Add any green onion or celery if I want that. To the small yolks bowl, I mash them with a fork, add the right amount of mayo, salt, pepper, and combine. I add the mayo-thinned yolks back to the whites to combine. Sometimes I do a bit of tarragon, or dill. Sometimes I add a lot of green and black olives, pickle juice, parsley. Sometimes I add mango chutney and curry powder. Sometimes cream cheese. Sometimes dill or dill pickles. Bread and butter is a rare mood but also viable.
Gotta say, nothing wrong with a basic plain egg salad.
Potato masher works, and pastry cutter.

It'll make you a better human being

>in kindergarten

surely there has been time since then for you to change your opinion user

>egg salad
good
I'd rather slather some homemade strawberry jam all over my prosciutto than put that dookie in bread

Ham and egg salad sandwiches though

>the cheapest deli meat
>protein
>like a lite bacon and eggs
>best made on some kind of brown bread

My google image search showed me that this isn't actually as common as I thought it was, but there's a little bakery where I live that makes them for like 1 dollar per sandwich, it's fucking delicious

That's a great idea. And obvious. And I never thought of it.

If this isn't a joke... wew lad.

Christ, what sad samefagging.

>egg
>mayo

how is this a salad?

How are you on a cooking board if you know nothing about it?

Americans will call anything a salad, because the idea of eating an actual salad offends them. Try to be more culturally sensitive in future, user.

Y'know, first I read your post as a troll, but if I think about it there is a fair bit of truth to it.

American? Egg salad is British/Irish.

Haha, right on my fellow person of color! Like, do they even know what hotsauce is? White people are so bland and tasteless.

We eat this in Czechia mostly during Easter

Greek yogurt and tumeric

As luck would have it, I found this thread on a day i was gonna make egg salad.

Here's how you do it for the 21st century

half a dill pickle or in this case a whole little one. accept no substitutes.

parsley. i only had a little and it was a couple weeks old. Otherwise I'd use a lot more. Chop it up real fine.

Chop the fucking eggs. No ricer or masher or fucking pastry cutter. Just dice them. it's easy.

mustard, mayo, salt pepper, a dash of tabasco.

>inb4 rings on the eggs
I cooked em too long this morning.

Stir gently. Perfect.

A little bit is supposed to crumble into the sauce. Makes it extra rich and creamy. Some still stays intact if you're gentle.

I obviously think that egg salad should be treated as any other sandwich filling and have veggies and stuff to go along with it.

There would also be lettuice and maybe some salami in this sandwich if i had it, but what i got is tomato and cheese. I like egg salad on wheat bread.

This is the way it is supposed to be. No onions, no celery. Save that garbage for potato salad.

>mt olive
Muthafucka go Claussen or nuthin
>any otther pickle
>our year 2016
I know I'll save $1.35 on dem pickles
>ISHYGDDT

>la dee fuckin da i only eat the fancy pickles
Mt. olive is perfectly fine. At the end of the day, at least it's not fuckawful generic pickles.

>not using McClure's pickles or another Brooklyn brand, instead pretending a national brand is somehow superior

So mainstream pleb . . . .

White person from Connecticut here. (really) yes I like egg salad and YES i know what salt is AND how to use it.

Thank you, I'm going to try this. I've always wondered how to get the yolks staying with the whites and preserve the diced-egg appearance without everything falling apart/crumbling.

>pickles in egg salad
you disgust me

>in kindergarten
I hate people like you with a passion. Be an adult and try something new, you've changed.

Or maybe you haven't and that's why you're so childish.

>putting shredded cheese on egg salad sandwiches

Is a classic egg sandwich better the English way with, dare I say, Heinz Salad Cream instead of continental so-called "mayonnaise"?

Cheddar is fucking great on egg salad. Shredded cheese is sometimes cheaper at the grocery overstock place.

But mostimportantly, cheddar is good on egg salad and I stand by that.

I've tried it with shredded marble cheese. It's actually pretty decent.

Honestly one of the only unitaskers I'll keep around. It's just too useful not to.

how do you keep parsley for a couple of weeks? mine goes off in days

egg salad is very good with fresh, dense, soft, fluffy white bread

Tejano here.

This is literally the only Anglo food worth eating.

nigger

the best way is to leave it in the pot and water it every couple of days. Some sunshine also helps. Harvest only what you need at the moment you need it for perfect freshness

> mfw I will never have egg salad with my head on Winnie's lap

I'm telling myself you're a troll. I'm confident you're a troll. I know I'm going to regret typing this, but:...

Are you fucking kidding me? Like, this whole thread and everything about it, it's a well orchestrated joke right?

Shshshs.

Only dreams now, user.

cheese is a culinary crutch.

Egg salad is disgusting if you eat too much and it tastes worst the next day after refrigeration.

I feel like Tuna salad tastes better and lasts longer in the fridge.

>stop eating things that taste good

While it's nice to see the challenged attempt to show an interest in preparing food, I suggest you stop.

sandwich smell bad

There's a deli nearby that makes egg salad sammiches w/ mayo, green onion and sliced tomato that costs $5, and an avocado sandwich with a sliced egg, mayo, green onion and sliced tomato that costs $8

Avocado topping is 75c and when you add it to the egg salad sandwich you get it identical to the avocado sandwich but for over $2 cheaper

The very best is tuna salad sandwich with freshly boiled eggs sliced and layered onto the sandwich.

add a handful of these bad boys to any egg mayonnaise sandwich to improve its texture and flavour.

By what standard? Literally any preparation or ingredient you use in the kitchen is a crutch in the sense that you rely on it to make your food enjoyable. The only exception is meat and vegetables cooked in the most basic way (over an open fire) until edible.

I make my egg salad full on American

>Mayo
>Honey mustard
>BBQ sauce
>Worcestershire and hot sauce

Pleb.

go back to red.dit, you faggot

yep

Except instead of tuna, it's sardine salad.

I'm from the middle of Europe and this shit is abhorrent

Thanks OP, made me make this, it was good.

I actually love sardines but I've never tried making that sort of salad with them. Got any recipes?

Take a tin of sardines, flake it with green onions, mayo, mustard, garlic, whatever you normally put in tuna salad, done.

>red cabbage

cum

At first glance I though you put egg salad on a silk cloth.

Fucking kek'd. thanks user.

mayo "salads" are a European thing from the early 1900's, you fuck

to be honest when i first opened this picture i thought you replied to the wrong thread

i looks quick and thought it was some sort of Indian curry and paneer dish

looks good, would eat

its called a salad because mayo goes by salad cream in some countries

don't blame this one on us

>mayo goes by salad cream in some countries
>some countries
>meaning america
>everything with mayo on it is a sallad in america
No, user, I'm still laying this on you lot.

>>meaning america

Nope. England.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salad_cream

Britbong BTFO!!!!

>tfw Caucasian from ct and love em

I think that what has killed the classic egg salad sandwich off in the modern world is the ban on smoking in many workplaces.

Back in the 1950s when every office and factory was thick with a fog of cigarette and pipe smoke, the eggy tang of the egg salad sandwich maturing in a colleague's lunch box was imperceptible.

Now that most places of work are smoke-free, the angular honk of macerated egg rings out as clearly as an atlantic fog horn, aggressively invading the olfactory space of any person unlucky enough to be compelled to share an office space with their egg salad toting colleague.

By dint of this unforseen (and for many, deeply regrettable) consequence of the western world's demonizing of our tobacco industry, the egg salad sandwich has become all but a memory on the nation's palate.

We do not have such an abomination as "salad cream" in the United States.

Dumb frogposter.

We don't call Mayo Salad Cream you utter spastics. It's an entirely different condiment, it's incredibly tangy.