Its pasta, homemade pasta, call it speghetti one more time and ill smack ya

HELP!

Got in a huge fight with my girlfriend and I'm trying to make things good again by inviting her over for homemade pasta tonight...

I dont know how to make pasta.
I used to make fried veggies with chicken, cheese garlic and squash and just mix that up with noodles in a bowl, but that mores of a means to an end kind of a meal. I want to make something actually impressive.

Any recipes, tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

alfredoallascrofa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop shitposting.
It took all summer but it's hot as fuck in here today.

Inb4 August 24 Jesus Christ.

I'm new to this board. Am I shitposting?

I dont mean i want to make the actual noodles.

Im looking for sauces/recipes

Okay, so you want sauce recipes? That I can do.
I don't know your (or her) tastes in pasta sauces, but besides a good basic tomato sauce, what else would you be interested in? I have a great recipe for a roasted red pepper pasta sauce that's incredibly simple to make. Also, if you both like fish, I have an anchovy, garlic, and tomato sauce that rocks. Then there's pesto, pesto cream sauce, alfredo sauce, cajun cream sauce for pasta, fresh tomato sauce, tomato sauce with sausage and peppers, and on and on...... I'd be happy to help if you can narrow your interests down.

who,

In on the fence for Alredo and Tomato

The Alfredo one or the tomato sauce with sausage and peppers are choice.

also, what happened on August 24?

Oh, I'm not that poster. Just a good samaritan trying to help. So, Alfredo or Tomato with sausage and peppers?

could you post both?

thanks by the way. You're a pretty awesome person.

Sure thing man, I'm always willing to help people who want to learn to cook more dishes.
One more question. Do you want the kind of alfredo sauce that uses cream, or the kind that doesn't? Because there's always lots of debate over what's "authentic", but the Alfredo with cream is easier for newbs to make.

um.. cream is fine I suppose.
If I can make something that doesn't make her gag, ill be happy.

Lol, okay, brb with recipes for you.

You use cream because the 'authentic' one like done in Rome uses a much higher butterfat percentage in the butter.

Best way to get close in the US is 2/3 cultured butter, 1/3 heavy cream.

soo, it tastes better?

Yeah, I agree with that. That's pretty much what I was going to post, but I'm still looking up my recipes. But that's about the right ratio.

Than what?

I prefer this over the slop plenty of American places use, like Olive Garden and the like. Seen a few alfredo recipes even using roux.

Alfredo started out as butter and cheese, and doing the cream trick keeps it to that.

However, it also lets the cheese come through. This is good, IF you're using good parmesan. If you're not, though, you'll taste it easily. And that's why the chains use other recipes, because actual good parmesan ain't cheap.

this thread is gonna 404 before I get that recipe, isn't it

>You use cream because the 'authentic' one like done in Rome

No such thing exists. Alfredo sauce was invented in New York and nobody prepares it or knows what it is in Rome.

Win the heart of your oneitis with sketti a la tendies; a true patricians din din.

Yeah, you're simply totally fucking wrong.

Here's the restaurant where alfredo sauce was invented. By a man named Alfredo, in Rome.

alfredoallascrofa.com/

yeah that aint gonna happen, how about you do something impressive that doesnt involve a giant risk of fucking up

Pasta is a finished dish and all you need is olive oil, salt, and pepper for seasoning

That said make puttanesca but don't make it too spicy and don't tell her what the name refers to, you autistic fuck

I bet you like your steak boring as fuck too with way too little salt, pepper, and no sauce. Weirdo

I'm not OP but that cajun cream sauce is singing to me..mind sharing?