>try bbq for the first time
>pulled pork in the same sauce
>ribs in the same sauce
>brisket in the same sauce

I think I'll stick with Mexican food next time

Sauce is the mark of bad barbeque.

>sauce
>the same sauce on 3 different meats at that

user wherever you went for bbq, dont ever return.

That wasn't barbecue user. it was "barbeque flavor"

I don't mind a nice glaze now and again but a sauce is egregious breaking of all kinds of barbecue laws, writs, writes, traditions, and code.

>not eating BBQ with a thick dry-rub crust

You fucked up, OP.

>mexican food
>same 4 ingredients cooked slightly different 50 times

wew

>be me, cooking at home
>mexican food: rice, beans, ground beef, flour torilla
>fuck it up
>next day get diagnosed for clinical retardation

wew lad

>what is mole
nice try

These.

I've grow to dislike BBQ sauce. Sometimes, I might get a small cup on the side. But a nice savory, salty, mildly sweet, mildly hot dry rub on top of a mustard coating is the best flavored, smoked BBQ to purchase or make at home.

It's not even 10am EST, I've got 2 slabs of St. Louis ribs in the fridge ready to smoke later this afternoon, and I'm ready now! Meat on bones and meat on sticks are my favorite.

>sauce

What kind of shithole did you go to that uses the same sauce on their pork and their beef?

You don't need to switch to Mexican, you need to find a BBQ place that doesn't suck horsecock.

BBQ is just a white person meme.

Genuinely shit.

Jamal, please.....

>Sauce

True, what is it with whites and their shitty palette.

>barbecuing meat is a white person thing

Get off the library computer you nignog people look for jobs on that

Laquanda using his friend, Tanner's computer again.

Bbq places that specialize in one style tend to be the best. Brisket and pulled pork on the same menu should be a warning flag.

A small burrowing mammal

probably went to some chain

real bbq is only available regionally. what you posted is not bbq, it's that weird red sauce shit that people out west make

Gotta get dat dere vinegar-based sauce, thick and sweet barbecue sauce is a meme

>Sauce is the mark of bad barbeque.
Yup. You need to know to 1) never order the pulled pork at a restaurant that will drown it in sauce. 2) Expect ribs to come with glazed sauce, not wet in dripping sauce. The sauce needs to lose a little of its vinegar and moisture on the grill, and caramelize. 3) Don't order brisket vs pork in the wrong place. It's rare when they can do both well. 4) If there is sliced pork on the menu, and not only pulled pork, the cook is probably good. 5) Burnt ends on the menu is a good sign 6) No frills, like uncomfortable tables, cheap napkins, everything a la carte, and maybe no dessert, and you know the cook doesn't give a damn about anything but his one focus in life, getting up early and smoking food. You're only there to eat meat. I may not even have good beans or slaw, though it might!!
Take a look at the ribs. If they don't have very retracted bones and meat, they were probably cheating at some point, boiling or steaming it, not cooking it low and slow with self-basting, or some other trick.
As far as sauces go...it's so highly debateable that you probably see at least 2 choices to satisfy the vinegar vs sweet opinions.