Let's make spaghetti

Let's make spaghetti.

Other urls found in this thread:

himasugi.org/jp/res/207185 50.html#211750
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/30253/is-there-evidence-that-adding-salt-to-water-prior-to-boiling-can-damage-a-stainl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fill a large pot up with warm water and turn the heat to max or near max.

flip you norm

based

Dice up your yellow onion (I used half of one), and mince your garlic (use as much as you like).

Add a tablespoon or more of olive oil to a smaller pot, make sure you have a lid for the pot, and turn the heat to medium.

pasta guy is old and busted let this guy take charge instead

Bowl on left contains:

~1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of basil (if you have fresh basil omit this)
1/2 tsp of thyme (feel free to use oregano)

Bowl on right contains:

Salt for adding to the boiling pasta water, they say the water should taste like the sea.

Now that the oil has heated up let's add a pinch of red pepper flakes to it. Swish the pan around a bit and then add the onion and garlic. If the onion and garlic is burning too quickly lower the heat.

Once the onion has softened add the can of crushed tomatoes, the contents of the bowl with thyme in it, and a little splash or two of fish sauce (optional, gives it a richer flavour). Hunt's crushed tomatoes are already quite thick so there's no need to add tomato paste. You could thin the sauce out a bit with red wine if you have it.

Put a lid on the pot and turn the heat down to medium low, stirring occasionally.

wheres the beef

where did you get that olive oil?

Decide how much spaghetti you want to eat. I ended up making more than I could eat.

>more than I could eat.
are you a grill?

Once your water is boiling you can add the bowl of salt to it. Don't add salt to water that isn't boiling as it can damage your pot.

I'm pescatarian, but you could add some if you like. I would add the beef before the onion and garlic.

From a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern grocery store.

gnfos

ugh its the flipping lentil islam norm i feel sick kill yourself

Add your spaghetti to the salted water, quickly put a lid on the pot and start timing it according to the package's instructions. After 15 seconds or so remove the lid and give the spaghetti a gentle stir. Continue cooking the spaghetti with the lid of, stirring it occasionally.

Do you have a job OP?

When your spaghetti's done cooking turn the heat off (also turn the heat off for the sauce), and drain it in a colander. Let's wear oven mitts in case hot water splashes us.

Shake out the excess water from the colander and plop the spaghetti right into your sauce. Give it a stir and then, with the tongs, try to grasp all of the spaghetti, then with a turn of your wrist slowly dump it onto a plate.

No.

Let's feel free to add parmesan cheese and/or extra ground black pepper at this point. We are now done.

End product looks bretty guud OP

flip you worshipper

looks good OP

die worshipers

Perfect 'go 'ti

lovely

>fish sauce instead of red wine

You did okay apart from that.

fantastic work

stop worshiping this damn cooknorm you flippers

That's a lot of oil, is that typical? Reminds me of that webm and vertical. Marie or something?

I think adding both would be nice. I simply did not have any red wine.

>cooknorm

Why the fuck is it still summer?

Also, it looks good, user.

who do you think you're talking to kid

himasugi.org/jp/res/207185 50.html#211750

Seems like some of the trouble-makers in this thread are from here...

delete this

>he calls that a "tablespoon"

who are you quoting?

PASKETTI!

only fucking retards ad garlic at the same time as the onions. Just add it 30 sec before you put the tomatoes in.

also use better canned tomatoes its like an extra 50 cents IF that.

Pic related, i can eat them straight out of the can.

op is a nigger pedophile

dont tardshame rudenorm

the op isnt pnig you stupid gnfoser hes the retard who posts islam and middle eastern food also pnig isnt vegetarian

Palestine lol

Huh?

die pnig worshipper

i just said it wasnt him which it isnt that doesnt make me a worshiper norm

Would you suck it yes or no please respond.

mhm

stop shaving and pull back your foreskin and we got a deal

absolutely disgusting

drake?

>Don't add salt to water that isn't boiling as it can damage your pot

Where the fuck do you get Palestinian olive oil?

not op but I get it at whole foods

all the other "nice" grocery stores kowtow to the kikes and refuse to carry it. the irony of the situation is that jews in israel control the exports anyway so every bottle of palestinian olive oil made some israeli jew a boatload of money (but not a freedom flotilla load that's illegal)

but it doesn't matter, just the IDEA that a palestinian could do anything other than get murdered by a settler is abhorrent to them

can you keep your racist remarks on /pol/? Thanks

Shit directions there bruh. You can't say at least a tablespoon but have a pic of half of cup of oil

Fuck you nigger. Nobody likes you shitskins.

OP is Marie youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU

You seem to have forgotten you aren't on Reddit. I don't know if you just haven't noticed but casual racism is literally a facet of Veeky Forums.

>top it with mint
wut?

is anchovy paste good in tomato sauce?

Yes.

>complaining about racism on Veeky Forums

It's literally the other way around

A Mediterranean/Middle Eastern grocery store. The owner is from Iran.

I simply had no basil for the photo.

Meant to reply to:

He's right though user, it depends on the pot you're using

what's the other way around

No faggots like you who wander to the good boards from the shit boards like /b/ and /pol/ try to fuck up the decent boards, but then you get your posts deleted and banned eventually.

Racism has always been against the rules in nearly every board including the yellows

his post got deleted for a reason fucking idiots

where is the knorr chicken stock pot you canuck?

umm reddit is full of racism sweetie

we're better people here

>people actually think a bit of salt in non boiling water will pit your stainless steel pans

It certainly can. You never hear of chloride stress corrosion? Of course not. Your chemistry knowledge is nearly nonexistent, so you think this is just some magical shit that people make up.

Does adding garlic and onions to a can of tomatoes warrant an entire thread?

way too much sauce
mint garnish
4/10

>Just add 1 tablespoon!
>Shakilly unscrews the cap off his bottle of oil and watches excitedly while glug after glug of the liquid pours into the pan over the course of at least a minute
>There, one tablespoon!

Otherwise pretty solid OP.

good thread

looks stodgy. you could slice it like a cake.

I did not want to read a fucking scientific paper on this. Someone get Veeky Forums here cause I'm just gonna say it doesn't matter.

>Short answer: Theoretically, yes, salt water at low temperature pits stainless steel faster than salt water at high temperature, although the popular explanation for the mechanism appears to be completely bogus. Practically, this factor is dwarfed by a dozen other factors and probably isn't worth worrying about at all. It typically takes thousands of hours for a pH-neutral, not-too-concentrated saline solution to cause any appreciable pitting corrosion at any temperature. What's more important is how clean the cookware is while it's stored, as that is the state in which it will spend the majority of its time, and as long as it's kept clean, salt-water temperature should not be a major concern.

cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/30253/is-there-evidence-that-adding-salt-to-water-prior-to-boiling-can-damage-a-stainl

Uee more fresh herbs nigga

Add parmesan. I'll tell you when to stop.

yes

Is she a bad cook, yes ok that's fair.

But does her accent give me a boner? Yes.

There's no way this isn't satire.
Its too good at being bad.

The oil gives it the flavor, pleb.

>did not have any red wine.
I can't fathom such a concept.

Here's mine from Wednesday. 80/20 ground beef+Italian sausage, onion and green pepper, tomato (crushed and stewed), garlic, s&p, basil, oregano. and time (not thyme).

also, red wine. No olive oil needed, I'm a man and those onions and peppers got cooked in the fat of the ground beef/Italian sausage mix.

bump

faggot

Wine's expensive here. The cheapest, shittiest bottle is $8. I'd also never use it.

Fish sauce is $2, is versatile, and I use it all the time. Also it smells awful, so you know it's good.

>salt
>damaging a stainless steel pot in the short time you're cooking with it, at the concentrations that you're using
No

What's more dangerous is that adding the salt to near boiling water may be enough to bring the boiling point down to the current water temperature, causing it to sputter and bubble vigorously. If the water level is high enough, beware of hot water.

Not bad.

I would have put a little more of parmesan.
Also made the sauce from fresh tomatoes instead of canned crushed ones, but take longer

>palestinian olive oil
is this a joke?

I do Pesto with bacon like a god

For that fresh pressed intifada taste